Off Course: Equipment Release Season

nice job today gentlemen.
SatisfiedGrimDog-size_restricted.gif

I was thinking that too, however, it also changes the aftermarket experience significantly. Do used drivers start to be valued higher than new ones? Do people go into Golf Galaxy and demand to buy the demo?!
Reselling was one of the first things I thought of when this part was being discussed. I didn't jump to being more expensive than new but figured if this is real in the driver like it is bats, I see there being hardly any depreciation. Especially when stock issues remain prevalent

Loved hearing @xThor's name being dropped 😁

I really liked listening to this off course. I really liked @JB poking at @Canadan. Dan stating resolutions are lies is 100% true and made me laugh!

@Canadan we will need further updates on your golf bag as this progresses

Last edited:
Dan stating resolutions are lies. Is 100% true and made me laugh!
It was probably the standout line of the episode for me.

Great show and great info as always.

Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today Dan welcomes Josh Babbitt to the show to kick off 2022 with a bang.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but JB joins the show to talk about the fun of equipment release season, with Callaway, TaylorMade, XXIO and more putting out new clubs. The duo dive into the Tour Player Social Media money as well as the coverage of Tiger and Charlie Woods. This episode has a lot going on and it is an episode you will not want to miss as JB goes Off Course.

Episode 88 is here and Dan and Josh discuss the following topics.
The TaylorMade Stealth
Equipment Release Season
Tiger and Charlie WoodsT
Tour Players and Social Media
And more

Continue reading...

Now, when I read JB's blasts of my posts, I can imagine what he sounds like!

Yeah, going to be an annoying issue for high amateurs when their driver is suddenly illegal.

But country club heros are certainly going to find a way to "roll" them like softball bats are.
Was going to say almost the same thing but baseball. These little league kids have their bats rolled to simulated 300 or so hits.

Outstanding!! I will be giving this a listen over my lunch hour and into this afternoon while at work to help Friday afternoon go by. In the meantime, here is a look at my current mood. All fired up about equipment release season, and nowhere to go with snow falling outside!

Outstanding!! I will be giving this a listen over my lunch hour and into this afternoon while at work to help Friday afternoon go by. In the meantime, here is a look at my current mood. All fired up about equipment release season, and nowhere to go with snow falling outside!

that looks like fun!

Great podcast! Really enjoyed this one.

Just finished this.

Release week is the best, I love how excited @JB continues to get. This was an awesome week capped off with mystery bags and a great episode.
@Canadan I thought we were doing Mini Staff Stand bags this year ?!?!?!?!

Just finished this.

Release week is the best, I love how excited @JB continues to get. This was an awesome week capped off with mystery bags and a great episode.
I meant what I said too. I get just as excited now as I did 15 years ago.

I meant what I said too. I get just as excited now as I did 15 years ago.
That’s fantastic! I love the passion and it’s reflected in your work and the awesome content and community here.

Reactions: JB
Just finished this.

It does sound like fun.

That’s fantastic! I love the passion and it’s reflected in your work and the awesome content and community here.
I mean I love this game and the lifestyle so much. If I cant geek out about the tech, what am I even doing here, right? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

All my friends know the low rider
The low rider is a little higher

Finally got to the bag talk when I went to pick up lunch. Darnit @JB goes and mentions the Callaway bag again and just ramps my curiosity up even more!

Finally got to the bag talk when I went to pick up lunch. Darnit @JB goes and mentions the Callaway bag again and just ramps my curiosity up even more!
As someone currently deep into a bag ponder, it cut me deep.

Its solid. I think its an area that lacks a lot of ingenuity, and they want to change that. Especially as it relates to glaring needs such as stability on push carts, etc.

Back