Off Course: The Status of Golf

Canadan

LGND
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Off Course is back this week with a fantastic show. Hosted by Dan Edwards, each Friday he gives you a deep look into the world of golf and equipment in a way unlike any other podcast has done before. Today the boss at THP, Morgan Babbitt joins the conversation to talk about the status of golf.

It wouldn’t be Off Course without some tangents, but Dan and Morgan talk the status of golf from a cost stand point and how it impacts golfers. This show has a lot going on and is one you will not want to miss as Morgan Babbitt goes Off Course.

Episode 128 is here and Dan and Morgan discuss the following topics.

Creating Unforgettable Experiences
The Evolution of the THP Event
Ordering a Menu Item Named after the Establishment
Owning Your Course Experience with Guests
And so much more

You can listen to the show right here, Apple Podcasts or of anywhere you do your listening and downloading from. Search for the Hackers Paradise and make sure to subscribe so you never miss an episode. After listening, come back over and drop us a note below on what you agree and/or disagree with from the episode.

Continue reading...

Will be a great listen at work.

Excellent - I have about an hour drive ahead of me this morning which will be the perfect opportunity to listen.

Can't wait, I've got some windshield time to listen this morning!!

Very intrigued to listen!!

I have some driving to do today and will be tuning in.

The talk about hosting at your own club and ownership of the experience- that’s real. Definitely want to make sure my guests have a good time.

Bluegrass certainly held up at the Rivalry. Course/food/membership were great.

Will be tuning in soon.

Enjoyed it! Yes @Canadan I’m still disappointed I didn’t get the burrito but I’m even more disappointed you have never taken me to Sammies!

Enjoyed it! Yes @Canadan I’m still disappointed I didn’t get the burrito but I’m even more disappointed you have never taken me to Sammies!
Sammy's was the place the last time I said "I know a great burger joint but it's a bit of a drive over to Blue Ash" and was casually vetoed.

We'll commit the time next visit.

Sammy's was the place the last time I said "I know a great burger joint but it's a bit of a drive over to Blue Ash and was casually vetoed.

Had you described it like you did on the pod I would have vetoed the veto haha

Enjoyed the listen and Skyline is the nectar of the Gods.

Men can remember every shot from every hole from every round for the last 30 years. But, we cant remember to take out the trash.. lol

Big fan of food-focused tangents. 😍

I'll be honest, I don't really feel like I have a lot to offer when it comes to talking golf, but I was thrilled to be able to be a guest for Dan, and hopefully I don't bore you too much. ;)
Thought you were great and the "behind the scene" anecdotes of what goes in planning a THP event were interesting.

I have a few Park District golf clubs by me that have expanded to having either inside hitting bays or added Top Tracer with heaters outside to pick up the "Loose Change" that is out there because TopGolf is so popular that it's hard to get a "Lane" at night.

I feel like this needs to be made into a custom headcover for @Canadan

1665154724505.png

Morgan's debut on THE ORIGINAL Off Course!! First 20 minutes were awesome and can't wait to listen to the rest later today!

Sammy's was the place the last time I said "I know a great burger joint but it's a bit of a drive over to Blue Ash" and was casually vetoed.

really need to try the Anthony Munoz burger 🔥

I can't remember every shot anymore 🥲

I'm with @GolferGal on not liking lobster....hard pass!

that's the most NFL talk I'll listen to this year 🤣

enjoyed the show!!!!

Back