Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Incredible effort from Rondo tonight and the Celtics still lose. I have tickets to Game 4, I really fear that I'm going to be watching the last game of the Big 3 era in person.

You gotta go regardless man!

Classy move by Pierce to leave the bench before the game is over.

Yeah wtc was that about?

Classy move by Pierce to leave the bench before the game is over.

Yeah, interesting for sure. Especially with Rondo going HAM.

You gotta go regardless man!

For what I paid for the seats, of course I'm going!

Lebron will never be recognized as one of the all-time greats when another guy on his team has to be the closer. It's amazing how Wade has to be the closer in every single close game.

EDIT: Just saw a stat, Rondo scored every single point for the Celtics in overtime.

Awesome.. Never been to a playoff NBA game, I bet the atmosphere is amazing!

Yeah, the Jordan era reshaped what it took to be a GREAT player.. to ever be considered the best, you have to match up to Jordan's closing ability..

I like the guy and would like him to be that closer and get some bling to see his complete legacy when he is finished, but also so sports talk can talk something other than his lack of closing ability

Was watching end of the game with my wife, who doesnt follow the NBA. She didnt believe me that LBJ is maybe the best player in the league.

I very much would like to know how some things are ruled technicals and some are not. The better team won that game last night, but there was some of the most interesting aspects of calls I have seen in quite some time again.

This isn't a vintage Celtics team and it's not as talented as the Heat are, but they bust their ass and compete in every game. It's easy to root for them, especially compared to some other teams.

Unfortunately they have to play hard to beat the Heat. They looked tired last night, fought hard on the back of Rondo. Should take game 3 but then lights out

I'm amazed at all the conspiracy thoughts, if you have ever read any of the summaries by people who have actually been in the room when they setup the ping pong balls, it's just not possible to be rigged. Obviously you could pull an Ocean's 13 and rig the ping pong balls weight with a remote or something. But last time I checked the IMF and Agent Hunt aren't too worried about the NBA draft!!!

Tough loss for Boston to play so hard and still lose. Im hoping this game doesnt kill their confidence.

Conspiracy or not the NBA draft is stupid. I hate the whole ping pong ball approach.

DeSean Stevenson has an ATM in his house. Lol. Sounds like he's asking to get robbed.

Well that was a beatdown I wasn't expecting. So are the Spurs beatable in a series now that it's proven they can be tamed?

Well that was a beatdown I wasn't expecting. So are the Spurs beatable in a series now that it's proven they can be tamed?

Awe, one game. I dont see them losing the series and I never saw them beating the Heat. I don't care how good anyone is playing, as Long as DWade and LJames are out there.. I just think it's divine intervention they will win this year. Duncan has his three and Durant will get a few. Time for Lebron. HA

Haha it was more of a joke as a lot of people spoke of them as if they were absolutely unbeatable. I think they'll probably beat the Heat, but I sort of want the Heat to win.

Yea I know for sure.. Its crazy how they can have all this success and still be overlooked. Heat/Celtics 4-1. Spurs/Thunder 4-2. Heat/Spurs 4-1.

Yea I know for sure.. Its crazy how they can have all this success and still be overlooked. Heat/Celtics 4-1. Spurs/Thunder 4-2. Heat/Spurs 4-1.

Yeah I want Lebron to get a championship so that people will shut up about it already. He's already going HAM and doing basically everything he can. Now I think it comes down to the rest of his team.

Yeah I want Lebron to get a championship so that people will shut up about it already. He's already going HAM and doing basically everything he can. Now I think it comes down to the rest of his team.

Word. That and if he doesn't that will take away from 90% of NFL talk on ESPN Radio.. I don't know if I can go another year of 2 straight months of "Can Lebron be Mike"

Loved watching the changes the Thunder made in game 3. Putting Thebo on Parker made a lot of sense. Also the crowd there is super loud, I'm sure the Thunder love playing at home.

Does Thebo have a crazy accent for being a foreigner or does he just talk like he is part deaf?

Word. That and if he doesn't that will take away from 90% of NFL talk on ESPN Radio.. I don't know if I can go another year of 2 straight months of "Can Lebron be Mike"

I know. Of course Lebron will never be Mike. Why do we keep comparing? He's his own player. And a damn good one at that. I wonder if the Celtics will come back and win at home like the Thunder did.

Exactly.. Why do you think he changed his number from 23 to 8.. He DIDN'T want to be like mike..

Either way the celtics better win tonight if they want a chance at the series, but I don't see it happening

So Lebron is trying to win this game himself, 16 points in the first quarter!

I am thinking I am going to miss a great game tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back