Official 2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can Wade be clutch?

And now we really have a series. Wade got a great look.

Good look by Wade.. Just couldn't close out.. Great hard win for the Celtics!

Lol @ Wade got a good look. Now it's a 3 game series.

Wicked awesome

the more I watch NBA the more it frustrates me. It seems as though the refs are killing the game with stupid calls all over the place, and I swear it's like teams don't play the first half, the games are always 10-15 pts lead until the 4th

aefea17a-3575-2ecb.jpg

Sent from Tapatalk

Now that I'm home.....BOSH FUNNY FACES FTW:

osh.gif

Man, this thread would be buzzing with criticism if Lebron had missed a shot to tie/win it when they were behind. But if he had, he probably would have at least made a smart play. You know, the kind that Wade didn't. Why he would ever shoot a 3 there I will never understand. It makes no sense at all. But what else can you expect?

The biggest thing holding the Heat back is Spoelstra.

Man, this thread would be buzzing with criticism if Lebron had missed a shot to tie/win it when they were behind. But if he had, he probably would have at least made a smart play. You know, the kind that Wade didn't. Why he would ever shoot a 3 there I will never understand. It makes no sense at all. But what else can you expect?

Would you want to head to a 2nd OT without LeBron? Im ok goin for the win under those circumstances.

Plus, boston still hasnt won in Miami...something they will have to do to advance.

Good call.

Would you want to head to a 2nd OT without LeBron? Im ok goin for the win under those circumstances.

Plus, boston still hasnt won in Miami...something they will have to do to advance.

Still makes no sense to me. He shoots 3s at 26% and 2s at over 50%. Give me the 2 to tie. Wade should be able to lead them in another OT if he's the player that many claim him to be especially against the Celtics without Pierce. A pull up 3 isn't good shot selection at all in that situation IMO.

Good call.

Still makes no sense to me. He shoots 3s at 26% and 2s at over 50%. Give me the 2 to tie. Wade should be able to lead them in another OT if he's the player that many claim him to be especially against the Celtics without Pierce. A pull up 3 isn't good shot selection at all in that situation IMO.

False. Almost every coach in the NBA would design the same thing. Go for the tie at home and the 3 on the road. Its been that way for 3 decades in terms of designing plays.

For what its worth, this thread is just downright hysterical during heat games.

so Bosh may be back for Game 5: http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/201...sh-miami-heat-return-game-5-according-sources

I wonder how much he would play and how effective he would be. Having him in the lineup would mean less Shane Battier, which would make the Heat much better on offense. I hate to throw my fellow Blue Devil under the bus like that, but all he does on offense is stand around and shoot 3s. His value on this team is on the defensive end.

Not Lebron's unwillingness to take the big shot? Does Jordan pass the ball at the end of the 4th? I dont care if there were 5 guys on him, he wanted the ball at the critical time, LBJ doesnt. Simple as that.

I don't know if he's holding them back, but I'd be curious how a veteran coach with more experience would have fared with this roster the last couple years.

False. Almost every coach in the NBA would design the same thing. Go for the tie at home and the 3 on the road. Its been that way for 3 decades in terms of designing plays.

I'm sort of curious now. What about my post is false? Is my opinion that it is not a good shot false? I can't find anything false in my post. Good for coaches if they like to go for a 3 on the road. I would go for a 2. It just makes more sense to me.

I don't know if he's holding them back, but I'd be curious how a veteran coach with more experience would have fared with this roster the last couple years.

Well they did make the finals last year and would have won if dirk hadnt been playing some of the greatest basketball in the history of the game.

And now they are right on track to make the finals again, so im not sure how much more another coach could help them...at least up until this point.

I'm sort of curious now. What about my post is false? Is my opinion that it is not a good shot false? I can't find anything false in my post. Good for coaches if they like to go for a 3 on the road. I would go for a 2. It just makes more sense to me.

Then you are in the minority. Plus, maybe Spoelstra wanted to go for the win at that point knowing that he wouldn't have Lebron for the second overtime and didn't like their chances for another 5 minutes.

Its a rule of coaching in pretty much all sports. Win on the road, tie at home. Just is. You want the game lasting no longer than necessary on the road against a hostile crowd when the other team has the fans, end it asap. At home you can play for the tie because you are naturally going to have the support and mo. Just a fact. I was taught that as a player and a coach.

Then you are in the minority. Plus, maybe Spoelstra wanted to go for the win at that point knowing that he wouldn't have Lebron for the second overtime and didn't like their chances for another 5 minutes.

I guess I am. But as much as I think Wade's overrated, I think he could handle a Pierce-less Celtics team in a 5 minute OT. And he missed the 3, so I guess we'll never know.

I guess I am. But as much as I think Wade's overrated, I think he could handle a Pierce-less Celtics team in a 5 minute OT. And he missed the 3, so I guess we'll never know.

Really though? I guess i think differently cuz i would take the celtics minus Pierce over the heat minus lebron and bosh all day every day.

Throw in the fact the celts are at home and id bet the farm on that scenario.

Really though? I guess i think differently cuz i would take the celtics minus Pierce over the heat minus lebron and bosh all day every day.

Throw in the fact the celts are at home and id bet the farm on that scenario.

Look, I think of it this way: Wade shoots 3s at 26.8%. Let's say he gets a good look at a 2 and makes it (because he shoots 2s at over 50%). Does Spolestra really think they have less than a 26.8% chance of winning a 5 minute period in that situation? Because I think they have a much higher chance than that. Sorry, but a 3 in that situation won't ever make sense to me unless you run a play and get a wide open look for a sharpshooter (Ray Allen, Mike Miller, etc). But an iso 3 there does not seem like a good play to me.

Its a rule of coaching in pretty much all sports. Win on the road, tie at home. Just is. You want the game lasting no longer than necessary on the road against a hostile crowd when the other team has the fans, end it asap. At home you can play for the tie because you are naturally going to have the support and mo. Just a fact. I was taught that as a player and a coach.

Of course it is. Has been for decades. You wont find a single coach go against that grain for their "normal" routine. They had a guy that wants the ball with the game on the line and had a look at the shot that is by text book, the right play. It made sense. Its no different than LH pitching to LH and vice versa or going for a two point over XP in football...Its classic text book play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back