Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This just went up on bleacher report. The simulated 2012/13 season on EA sports NCAA 13 http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...imulation-forecasting-the-season-with-ncaa-13
Pretty good but i see a few discrepancies

Glad to see Purdue made it on the front page!!! My Bro-in-law works for them!

Even as a Husker fan there is no way Green wins an award!!!

Nebraska making the Sugar is somewhat a joke, but losing to Arkansas by that much is even more of a joke!!!

OU over USC sounds about right though, would be a good championship game.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefoo...the-2012-season-according-to-ncaa-football-13

Here is the simulation that CBS Sports ran. I like all of it except the BCS championship is in backwards order.

I kind of like the BCS championship they way CBS ran it. Haha! I don't see it happening though. Apparently the game simulation gives quite a bit of credit to homefield advantage. That's the only way I can figure they have Arkansas where they are at. Don't get me wrong, I think Arkansas will be pretty good, but not running the table in the SEC good.

KSU in the BCS National Championship game.........guess that's why they call it a simulation.

KSU in the BCS National Championship game.........guess that's why they call it a simulation.

Yeah, them vs Arkansas in the BCS seems like a huge stretch!

http://espn.go.com/college-football...senior-officials-disregarded-children-welfare

i hope penn state gets the death penalty this is disgusting .if the NCAA doesnt come down hard on them for this its a damn joke.

In State College, Pa., on Thursday morning, some students and alumni gathered at the Penn State student center to watch the release of the Freeh report on live television, Philly.com reported.
However, according to the website, just as the report was to be unveiled at 9 a.m., all the televisions went blank, then switched to a public access channel showing an interview about the state budget. Attempts to change it back initially failed.

you cant keep trying to hide the truth penn state jesus

Does this recruit happen to have a dad that runs a church too? :bashful:
I wonder if Miss State will offer to pay him a bunch of cash like they did Cam?

I couldn't resist!
It's actually pretty funny what happened.

Last year, Auburn had a long time Commit from a guy named T.J. Yeldon who ended up flipping and going to Bama and gave this long speach on why he decided to flip. Well, Rueben Foster was a long time Bama commit and when he flipped to Auburn yesterday, he quoted the EXACT same speech as Yeldon did.

Here ya go;

Yeldon when he flipped from Auburn to Bama;
Over the last few weeks, I've really put a lot of time and thought into where I want to go to school and continue my football career. I am blessed to be in a situation where I have several great opportunities and I appreciate everyone involved who has helped me get to this point.
I want to make an announcement so I can put this behind me and get to work on the things I need to do to prepare for college both athletically and academically. I am going to enroll at the University of Alabama in January.
I have a lot of respect for Auburn, the coaches, and all of the people there, but at the end of the day I feel like the University of Alabama is the best situation and fit for me and my family. I am 100 percent confident with my final decision. I feel great about it and I'm excited to get started.

And Foster when he flipped yesterday;
Over the last few weeks, I've really put a lot of thought and time into where I wanted to (continue) my football career. I am blessed that I am in the situation where I have several great opportunities, and I appreciate everyone attending this meeting. I want to make an announcement so I can put this behind me and get on with all the work that I need to do for high school and get prepared for college, both academically and athletically.
I am going to enroll at Auburn University.
I have a lot of respect for Alabama and the coaches and all the other people and the fans. But at the end of the day, I felt like Auburn University is the place for me and my family and had the best situation for me and my family. I am 100 percent confident with my final decision. I feel great about my decision, and I'm excited to get started.

Auburn takes the top recruit away from Bama AND Nick Saban's daughter is being sued for a catfight. What a great day.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/footballrec...ster-108287;_ylt=ArizTrbrhELasBCObXBOjLlDPZB4

I saw this earlier, Rueben Foster moving to Auburn to go to Auburn High School had me hoping he would want to stay close. Pretty excited about this one, hopefully he stays solid to AU!

You guys got a great Defensive coordinator in Vangorder. Think he will stick for a little longer as well this time around.

It's actually pretty funny what happened.

Last year, Auburn had a long time Commit from a guy named T.J. Yeldon who ended up flipping and going to Bama and gave this long speach on why he decided to flip. Well, Rueben Foster was a long time Bama commit and when he flipped to Auburn yesterday, he quoted the EXACT same speech as Yeldon did.

I wish him luck because he's apparently a good kid, but the speech sounds like a Trooper Taylor stunt to me.

Ya'll certainly need him worse than Bama does on an immediate basis.

I wish him luck because he's apparently a good kid, but the speech sounds like a Trooper Taylor stunt to me.

Yes, we really do need him. We are very, very thin at linebacker. And yeah, it was a direct dig at bama, and I'm sure Troop was behind it. Regardless, it was hilarious, especially after the way Yeldon did the Coaches last year.

You guys got a great Defensive coordinator in Vangorder. Think he will stick for a little longer as well this time around.
Vangorder was a huge need for us, especially after suffering the years of Ted Roof.

Yes, we really do need him. We are very, very thin at linebacker. And yeah, it was a direct dig at bama, and I'm sure Troop was behind it. Regardless, it was hilarious, especially after the way Yeldon did the Coaches last year.

Vangorder was a huge need for us, especially after suffering the years of Ted Roof.

Also glad we kept our game (UGAvsAU) permanent going forward with the SEC schedule be restructured.

With the way the while yeldon deal was orchestraded, there isn't a whole lot of room to complain.

Tapin for bird

With the way the while yeldon deal was orchestraded, there isn't a whole lot of room to complain.

Tapin for bird

I wasn't really complaining since recruiting as a whole has turned into a ridiculous circus, but I honestly am not sure what you're referring to with Yeldon's orchestration.

I wasn't really complaining since recruiting as a whole has turned into a ridiculous circus, but I honestly am not sure what you're referring to with Yeldon's orchestration.
There was a lot of speculation on how the commitment was handled, especially with him telling coaches one day he is solid and they have nothing to worry about, then de-committing the evening before the dead period, basically not allowing Auburn to target anyone else. Here's a link to the conspiracy theory;

And like you, Donne, I hate recruiting. It's all crap now and commitments mean nothing until the papers are signed.

Like WE said, prior to Yeldon switching commitments there had been rumors going around for weeks that he had already told the bama coaches he was coming there, and was told to stay committed to Auburn so they could not target another RB, and then he switches right before the dead period. Seems awful coincidental.

And like you, Donne, I hate recruiting. It's all crap now and commitments mean nothing until the papers are signed.

Use to be a fan of keeping up on recruiting, now i just give a quick once over once or twice a week, and then wait until Feb to see who signed.

There was a lot of speculation on how the commitment was handled, especially with him telling coaches one day he is solid and they have nothing to worry about, then de-committing the evening before the dead period, basically not allowing Auburn to target anyone else. Here's a link to the conspiracy theory;

Well..... Foster went and got an Auburn tattoo...... I'd say he's pretty solid now.

Use to be a fan of keeping up on recruiting, now i just give a quick once over once or twice a week, and then wait until Feb to see who signed.

Me too, really no need to get too worked up until the name is on the dotted line. I used to really try to keep up with it but finally came to the realization that the hype was being generated by the recruiting services to get $$$ from folks like me at that time. No more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back