Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing Bama will only have Ingram for one more, he's already won the Heisman and a BCS title so it's time to get paid.

Is it me or did Saban look like we was going to suspend the players that dumped the Gatorade on him? Man, I don't think I ever saw someone so pissed when their team won the championship.

Is it me or did Saban look like we was going to suspend the players that dumped the Gatorade on him? Man, I don't think I ever saw someone so pissed when their team won the championship.

I would be pissed too if I were him. Players need to find something else to do after a big win.

I would be pissed too if I were him. Players need to find something else to do after a big win.

I agree. It was cool the first thousand times. How about carrying the coach off on the players shoulders again?

I never did think Coach Saban was an emotional guy, he's very "down to business" had the guys in bed by 8pm type of guy!

From what I gather on the local news interview with him last night when they arrived home he said he was upset at the players. He also was upset with the Alabama State Troopers that were there also for allowing the players to do it. He said they hit him in the head and on the ear an also the Gator Aid went into his ear. He also went to to say that it was somewhat OK after he had time to reflect on it.

I think it is about time to find something else to do when the team wins big the Gator Aid dump thing has gotten quite old.

Golf Chick said:
never did think Coach Saban was an emotional guy, he's very "down to business" had the guys in bed by 8pm type of guy!

The way he has riped into the local media here in some of his news conference for asking what he thinks is the wrong question he is a very "business only guy"

I think as fans it might be getting old but how many of those kids have won a national championship? It doesn't bother me if they dump Gatorade on the coach, and in Saban's case they should have hit him in the head a little harder. LOL

I wonder if Pete Carroll left USC because of the NCAA investigation or maybe it was just perfect timing!! :confused2: We have Norm Chow from USC!!! I wonder if he'll go back to USC once they find a new head coach, who that will be...very interesting....

I wonder if Pete Carroll left USC because of the NCAA investigation or maybe it was just perfect timing!! :confused2: We have Norm Chow from USC!!! I wonder if he'll go back to USC once they find a new head coach, who that will be...very interesting....

There is very little doubt that he is bailing because of the problems there with the NCAA.

Rumors here are that Mike Riley of Oregon State is being considered.

This just in... Lane Kiffin takes the USC job and brings his daddy along with him. Any UT fans out there upset? Any USC fans out there excited?

I root for UF so I think I can speak for Gator nation and Steve Spurrier to say, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

SEC press conferences will never be the same.

USC trades in one blatant rules violator for another. Big surprise.

It's been 5 years and the NCAA has still done nothing about the Reggie Bush situation. And the Mayo "penalties" are laughable. Then there is McKnight.

Why does USC always gets a pass?

I'm a USC alum, although more of a Canes fan.

Wild day, particularly on the USC message boards. Many of the high profile posters despise Kiffin and call him Goatboy. They blame him for blowing national titles after Chow left. Disregard that those teams replaced Leinart with John David Booty, and so forth.

Now those boards are in disbelief. Literally 24 hours ago they were still mocking Kiffin and anyone who suggested he would even be considered for the job.

The sanctions won't be severe. It reminds me of the Florida/Tennessee game when the over reactive types desperately wanted to believe Kiffin's offseason comments would equate to a 30-50 point Florida avalanche. Meanwhile, reality tends to get in the way, i.e. SEC athletes and Monte Kiffin directing the 9th best pass defense in the country.

It's been 5 years. That means the situation is vague and the NCAA will apply benefit of a doubt. This is hardly SMU revisited.

It's a terrific place to go to school, a compact serene campus with distinct landmarks and the greatest sense of camaraderie I've ever experienced. I always get a kick out of outsiders who denounce the place based on impression of its location, with no clue what the student experience is like.

Fight On. :D

This just in... Lane Kiffin takes the USC job and brings his daddy along with him. Any UT fans out there upset? Any USC fans out there excited?

I root for UF so I think I can speak for Gator nation and Steve Spurrier to say, don't let the door hit ya where the good Lord split ya.

SEC press conferences will never be the same.

Ummm. Spurrier has not coached for UF in years. And I am not sure a guy like Spurrier who has made a mockery of everything he has done since leaving UF should say a word. You know how to tell when Steve Spurrier is lying? His lips are moving. Ironic that the guy could never shut his mouth. Then the NFL took care of that and nobody has heard from him since.

As for this move, I actually think it is a smart move. I know everybody hates Lane. I am not a fan either, but I am a huge fan of Monty. He has been the best D coordinator in football for 15 years and created a unique zone that has been copied by almost every team in the NFL. I think this move works for the school.

It's been 5 years. That means the situation is vague and the NCAA will apply benefit of a doubt. This is hardly SMU revisited.

They came back and punished FSU after 6 years for small offenses. We lost scholarships for 2 years. It does happen. Nobody knows the extent right now and it has gotten worse each year since the Bush thing.

I'm a USC alum, although more of a Canes fan.

Wild day, particularly on the USC message boards. Many of the high profile posters despise Kiffin and call him Goatboy. They blame him for blowing national titles after Chow left. Disregard that those teams replaced Leinart with John David Booty, and so forth.

Now those boards are in disbelief. Literally 24 hours ago they were still mocking Kiffin and anyone who suggested he would even be considered for the job.

The sanctions won't be severe. It reminds me of the Florida/Tennessee game when the over reactive types desperately wanted to believe Kiffin's offseason comments would equate to a 30-50 point Florida avalanche. Meanwhile, reality tends to get in the way, i.e. SEC athletes and Monte Kiffin directing the 9th best pass defense in the country.

It's a terrific place to go to school, a compact serene campus with distinct landmarks and the greatest sense of camaraderie I've ever experienced. I always get a kick out of outsiders who denounce the place based on impression of its location, with no clue what the student experience is like.

Fight On. :D

I'm sorry!!

WOAH!! Lane Kiffin the new head coach for USC...He'll probably bring along his people as well, not a bad yearly salary of $4M!!! Interesting....Wasn't he just the coach for Tennessee for just 1 year? :confused2:

He was just for one year. But he is a USC guy.

Ummm. Spurrier has not coached for UF in years.

Yeah... ummm I kinda know that. I was referring to the press conference earlier in the year where Lane called out South Carolina's program stating that if the recruits decided to sign there that after they leave they will be "flippin burgers". I saw the look on Steve's eyes during a press conference and he wanted to say something back but he knew he was not exactly one to judge.

Believe me, I didn't like him either. Personally, I thought he was a d'bag. And many UF alumnus believe the same thing.

so, FSU racked up this year in recruits, thats great for the ACC, we need FSU back in it ot get our conference recognition back up. Carolina got next years #1 QB to sign a letter of intent. wooohooo

I owe JB an apology for my criticism of FSU's Christian Ponder and his potential as an NFL QB. The first scout ratings came out for the 2011 Senior class and Ponder is rated as a potential first round pick (7.0 being a first round grade). From si.com.....

Christian Ponder/QB/Florida State/6.7: Ponder, who already completed his Master's Degree at FSU, scored a big number on the pre-season Wonderlic. He lacks the eye-popping stats on the college level yet is considered the most NFL-ready passer in the senior class.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back