Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas not looking too good now that McCoy is out!! Those little passes DO NOTHING!!!! :angry:

I wonder if Bevo is there...I saw the mascot Bevo, but not the real Bevo...the elephant looks cute, his nose needs to be stiff haa haa

Game is pretty much over :crying: Seems like a whole heck of a lot more Bama fans than Texas there :(

TD Texas. Maybe they will make a game of this.

How did they not call 2 back to back pass interferences?!??!?!!?!?!? :confused2:

How did they not call 2 back to back pass interferences?!??!?!!?!?!? :confused2:

They are getting no love. I'm not a Texas fan but as a Kentucky fan I have to root against Alabama. LOL

There's STILL hope yet for Texas!! The game isn't over quite yet!! WHAT?!?!? HE calls pass interference on Texas but not on Bama??

WOW!!! Yippee!! Yay!!! :joy:

Spoiler
Texas TD and a 2 point conversion WHOOHOO!!!, hopefully its not too late...

How big is that mistake at the end of the 1st half now? They should have run the clock out.

WHooo what if it went into overtime?!? hee hee :good:

What happened to his BLIND SIDE?!?!?!? :crying:

Spoiler
The game is NOW over with a fumble :(

When they allowed the kid to throw, I think he did fine in replacing McCoy. Was he as good? No, but he did a fine job. They lost because of that play call in my mind, talk about deflating. THat was one of the worst I have seen in all my years of watching football. Backup QB, star out, 10 secs to go and you want to move it inside the 50 to take a shot? Pulease!

Alabama's team looked very good though. Both offense and defense looked to be the best in the country from what I have seen.

Terrence Cody is a beast and we went to the same HS.

Now if the Chargers could somehow land him, all would be right in the universe. :D

Well, congrats to Bama, the best team won. I am exremely proud of our team, they never gave up and hung tough. I'm looking forward to next year, we'll be back. I took the day off from work so I wouldn't have to listen to a bunch of crap from my OU buds.:D

Last edited:
Well, congrats to Bama, the best team won. I am exremely proud of our team, they never gave up and hung tough. I'm looking forward to next year, we'll be back.

i think that's a great way to look at it. what that game did for UT next year will be invaluable.

Gilbert got a ton of experience and that will help him in the big games next year!

I like Colt McCoy, too bad he didn't get to play...he was there with Vince Young watching the game fromt he bench. McCoy is a great guy!! Much luck to him in the NFL :good:

Mack Brown needs to fire his receivers coach. Not sure if they were surprised the ball was hitting them in the hands coming from that freshman QB or not but there were a lot of dropped balls. I thought Texas showed a lot of heart. Alabama played great but it is a good thing they didn't have to throw the ball much. Great game plan by Saban, go with what you do best.

Well, congrats to Bama, the best team won. I am exremely proud of our team, they never gave up and hung tough. I'm looking forward to next year, we'll be back. I took the day off from work so I wouldn't have to listen to a bunch of crap from my OU buds.:D

We went to the Texas/Oklahoma game in Austin 2 years ago, what a place to see a game!!!

OSU I mean :D

The other one haa haa I'm always getting them confused!

Gotcha. Have you ever been to Texas-OU at the Cotton Bowl? It's a great experience. I used to go every year but haven't been the last few years mainly because I'm too cheap to buy tickets.

Not yet, We just happened to be on vacation during the perfect time in Dallas and drove all the way from Dallas to Austin to see the game. 3 hour drive, but we did stop by the Cotton Bowl, but only when it was the county fair, not for the game! That would've been awesome though. But to see a game at UT was a GREAT experience and a chance of a lifetime!!

Gotcha. Have you ever been to Texas-OU at the Cotton Bowl? It's a great experience. I used to go every year but haven't been the last few years mainly because I'm too cheap to buy tickets.

Well...I can say I enjoyed the outcome...I would have liked to see the Saban gameplan for Colt McCoy that AL had been preparing for for 33 days...It was much easier for Bama to adjust to a new quarterback philosophy than a new Texas QB to have to look at an AL defense for the first time.

Sometimes I wish we would get out of that "I am leading by 15, so I am going into a prevent" mindset. Almost kills us every time.

I am glad we have a decent stable of running backs. We get Ingram for another 2 and Richardson for 3....Richardson is fun to watch...For his size, he runs very hard....

Looking forward to next year...

Bama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back