Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing I dislike more than a college football-less Saturday. Guess it gives me a chance to golf...?

Tapped from my S3

That is why I am watching the ND/USC replay right now. :sad:

Yes I was quite surprised, especially since he'd been feeding us his crap all year about people who say he'd leave just don't know him. He carried on about loving being home, and how it was great to spend Mother's Day with his mom for the first time since he'd been a high school coach. Talked about how happy his family was in Jonesboro and that his daughter told him she was finally really happy.

Then he crapped on it and walked out for about a million dollar raise. Then had the nerve to ask to coach the bowl game but not the practices. Thankfully, the players voted and told him get lost.

He's such a bigger piece of crap than I ever imagined. I thought he was a legit, honest guy, but he's just like the rest of the ego driven coaches out there.

I almost want Petrino just so we get a Gus/Bobby showdown next September. I'd love nothing more than for the guys he brought on to beat him in his second game of the "homecoming tour."

The good news is that we've gone 19-6 the last two years with 1 bowl game to go. If we knock off Kent State there is a good chance we finish the year in the top 25. We are heading in the right direction for sure.

I like talking with you Auburn guys, but I hope you're calling for his head by October 2013....lol

I didn't read any of his quotes, but if any coach says he isn't going to leave any school in the sunbelt, mwc, mac or other similar conference, Id be tempted to call him a liar.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Watching Georgia Southern vs Old Dominion on ESPN

I didn't read any of his quotes, but if any coach says he isn't going to leave any school in the sunbelt, mwc, mac or other similar conference, Id be tempted to call him a liar.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

He proved to be one. Oh well, 19 wins and counting since we started this one and done stuff....might be on to something.

UC hired Tommy Tuberville to replace Butch Jones. Cant say I saw that one coming....

UC hired Tommy Tuberville to replace Butch Jones. Cant say I saw that one coming....

Wow. That's interesting.

I thought that was a huge surprise.

This Army/Navy is low scoring so far, but it's amazing to see the passion from both sides.

Army fumbles the game-winning drive away. Feel bad for those kids!

It's really tough to see that Army QB sobbing uncontrollably. Gotta feel bad for those guys.

It's really tough to see that Army QB sobbing uncontrollably. Gotta feel bad for those guys.

Wish they wouldn't have left the camera on him for so long.

Media eats that stuff up. They love the close up of the emotional athlete that just lost. Such a joke

Media eats that stuff up. They love the close up of the emotional athlete that just lost. Such a joke

So true. I can see the producers in the control room practically salivating over that moment. But we still watch it...it's like a bad car wreck. You don't want to look, but you can't stop staring.

I felt terrible for that guy, they should of kept the cameras off him. At the end of the game the cameras cared more about him then the fact that navy won.

Not agreeing with a coach Jones move today. Getting rid of our offensive line coach, Pittman. Hell, he took our line from bottom half of the SEC to one of the best in the country in one offseason. Why would you dump him?

Well there you have it. Johnny Football himself wins the Heisman.

There are going to be a bunch of hurt fans out there, but the fact of the matter is that the stats he put up this year were video game like. While Manti's were more upper echelon of the "middle of the pack". Intangibles is the word that I'm sure will be thrown around. He has the intangibles. The heisman trophy goes to the best player though. Not the most fundamentally sound player.

I say good choice.

Good choice as well. My cousin played LB for A&M some years back so I was closet rooting for him.

Just saw a funny tweet that said "Mack brown has recruited the past two Heisman winners as Defensive Backs."

I think that Manti is a great player. Don't get me wrong. But the Heisman is about gaudy stats. Johnny had them and Manti didn't.

That is a funny fact BTW.

If anyone ever gets the chance to go to the Army Navy game don't pass it up. It may not be the absolute best football in the country, but the amount of Pride and heart that is displayed there is Would rival if not exceed any big name program It's an experience you won't ever forget

Congrats to Johnny Football, it's a good thing his family trademarked it!!!

Obviously im a homer, but i disagree. Reasoning:

Heisman-the outstanding college player who's performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity.
Integrity- firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values.

I dont see how the only person up there to be arrested wins it.

Maxwell award and walter camp award are for the best player in college football, which manti teo won both.

The voters finally got one right. Grats Johnny Football.

Obviously im a homer, but i disagree. Reasoning:

Heisman-the outstanding college player who's performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity.
Integrity- firm adherence to a code of especially moral or artistic values.

I dont see how the only person up there to be arrested wins it.

Maxwell award and walter camp award are for the best player in college football, which manti teo won both.
I love the Holier than thou attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back