Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes they do, and I am hoping we can steal Kearse back from Clemson.

First, negative.

Second, while I know anything goes in recruiting, I would live to hear the recruiting pitch of a coach who just changed schools. Something like "Hey, Champ. Remember all of the great things I said about school A and all of the terrible things I said about school B last week? Turns out I was wrong, so just reverse it."

Ahhh. I got you. I wonder what it is that he had that Coach Butch was interested in then. Recruiting ties???

Great recruiter, Trooper got alot of the glory, but I always heard Thigpen was one of our top recruiters.

See above.

First, negative.

Second, while I know anything goes in recruiting, I would live to hear the recruiting pitch of a coach who just changed schools. Something like "Hey, Champ. Remember all of the great things I said about school A and all of the terrible things I said about school B last week? Turns out I was wrong, so just reverse it."

Kids rarely commit to schools anymore. They commit to the coaches.

I would not say rarely do they commit to schools anymore but I agree that many commit to certain coaches. Many kids still say they grew up wanting to play for a particular university.

It does seem like that, it also seems like once a coach leaves a school, the kids may not follow and use it as a good excuse to reconsider their options.

So here's what I heard over the weekend regarding recruiting... Could be a big rumor as rumors in this town are abundant and often extremely skewed...

Apparently, the reason Ruben Foster has a relationship with Trooper Taylor is that Trooper bought Ruben and a bunch of buddies alcohol for a high school party. This is the whole apparent recruiting infractions being investigated by the NCAA. Anoyone else heard anything like this? Seems like Trooper could definitely hold this one over Ruben's head with the threat of telling the cops or worse, his mom.

That may be true in Trooper Taylor's world, but that does not seem to be the prevailing attitude. Just look at the large number of kids who commit to a school that fires its head coach, and then stay committed when the new coach comes in. Sure, they may look around a little during the transition, but I don't think its just a coincidence that they committed to both the outgoing coach and the new, incoming coach.

This is a little surprising to me, but I can't blame him for doing it. Hope he gets with a good NFL organization and a good medical staff, treats 2013 as a "redshirt" NFL year and comes back in 2014.

‏"@schadjoe
South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore will enter the NFL Draft; official announcement planned for this week."

This is a little surprising to me, but I can't blame him for doing it. Hope he gets with a good NFL organization and a good medical staff, treats 2013 as a "redshirt" NFL year and comes back in 2014.

‏"@schadjoe
South Carolina RB Marcus Lattimore will enter the NFL Draft; official announcement planned for this week."

I think he had to ary. If he stays and plays in school, and another injury occurs, he is for many, completely done. If he stays and does not play due to this injury, he is out for many. If he goes out now, someone will take a chance on him and he will get great care and get paid for getting that care.

That may be true in Trooper Taylor's world, but that does not seem to be the prevailing attitude. Just look at the large number of kids who commit to a school that fires its head coach, and then stay committed when the new coach comes in. Sure, they may look around a little during the transition, but I don't think its just a coincidence that they committed to both the outgoing coach and the new, incoming coach.
I was referring to both an Auburn commit as well as a Clemson commit who have both openly said they are looking at a different school now that the coach that recruited them is somewhere else.

‏"@schadjoe

Man I am really pulling for his recovery

‏"@schadjoe

I'm surprised as well, but good for him, I hope he heals up quick. What a talented player when healthy.

I think he had to ary. If he stays and plays in school, and another injury occurs, he is for many, completely done. If he stays and does not play due to this injury, he is out for many. If he goes out now, someone will take a chance on him and he will get great care and get paid for getting that care.

I completely understand what you're saying, I guess I was a little thrown off by the stuff I was hearing a few weeks ago about how he would redshirt at South Carolina next year. He doesn't owe that university anything, IMO, and I hope that he goes to a good place in the NFL. Selfishly, I would say the Dolphins, but they just took a chance this year on an RB with an ACL injury, Jonas Gray of Notre Dame, and I can't see them doing it with another guy.

It reminds me so much of McGahee.

I wish Lattimore the best of luck. An incredible player when he's healthy, and I hope he can get back healthy and maintain it for a while.

So here's what I heard over the weekend regarding recruiting... Could be a big rumor as rumors in this town are abundant and often extremely skewed...

Apparently, the reason Ruben Foster has a relationship with Trooper Taylor is that Trooper bought Ruben and a bunch of buddies alcohol for a high school party. This is the whole apparent recruiting infractions being investigated by the NCAA. Anoyone else heard anything like this? Seems like Trooper could definitely hold this one over Ruben's head with the threat of telling the cops or worse, his mom.

Not sure Trooper could hold that over the recruit. Sure, the recruit allegedly had alcohol, but Taylor would be admitting purchasing it for the recruit.

‏"@schadjoe

Lattimore had to leave. Spurrier was going to run him to death if he stayed (just as he did in the last three seasons), and the risk of injury is just too great. Also, by leaving now he can get paid to rehab with an NFL team instead of getting paid a lesser amount by Scar to stay with the team.

Really hated to see Lattimore get hurt. I don't like Scar, but Lattimore was incredibly talented and apparently a really good kid on top of it. Hate to see bad things happen to players like that.

Isn't that the only kind? It's been a rocky road for rocky top down to the SEC cellar.

Auburn was riding shotgun with them, I guess.

Isn't that the only kind? It's been a rocky road for rocky top down to the SEC cellar.

And you wonder why you're on my hit list...

Auburn was riding shotgun with them, I guess.

I think Auburn actually took over at the wheel this year. It's alright, War. Alabama only has one direction to go from here, bro...
ahury5ys.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back