Official College Football Thread (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So here's what I heard over the weekend regarding recruiting... Could be a big rumor as rumors in this town are abundant and often extremely skewed...

Apparently, the reason Ruben Foster has a relationship with Trooper Taylor is that Trooper bought Ruben and a bunch of buddies alcohol for a high school party. This is the whole apparent recruiting infractions being investigated by the NCAA. Anoyone else heard anything like this? Seems like Trooper could definitely hold this one over Ruben's head with the threat of telling the cops or worse, his mom.

not sure it would be a big Deal to Ruben or his parents about any drinking. Ruben is not really looked at as a normal kid per-say with two kids of his own, he has had to grow up in bunches.

I heard Petrino interview this morning on ESPN Radio, he actually sounded sincere, I didn't know whether to believe him or not!

I heard Petrino interview this morning on ESPN Radio, he actually sounded sincere, I didn't know whether to believe him or not!

That's the problem. Being a known liar, you'll never know whether to believe him again.

I think Auburn actually took over at the wheel this year.

We did, but we've now gotten out of that car. Auburn will be substiantially improved next year (thank goodness!). For safety's sake, I'm not predicting anything beyond 6 wins at this point, but that's 100% more than last year, so it gets us headed back in the right direction.

not sure it would be a big Deal to Ruben or his parents about any drinking. Ruben is not really looked at as a normal kid per-say with two kids of his own, he has had to grow up in bunches.

Regardless of the fact that he has his own kids, he'll always be his momma's baby. I think you're saying that because he has his own kids his momma wouldn't be upset that her #1 ranked LB prospect son risked everything for some booze. I respectfully disagree.

Here's another reason for Vols fans to continue their hatred for "Lame" Kiffin... http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/57621/tee-martin-spurns-offer-from-vols

First off its "Lame Kitten". Secondly, his (Tee Martin's) wife is the reason for him not coming to Tennessee. She's a washed up R&B recording artist from like a decade ago that had one mildly successful song recorded. She told Tee that she didn't want to come to Knoxville and that if he came to Tennessee she wouldn't be following because she wouldn't be able to "work" in Tennessee. News flash, she hasn't worked in north of ten years.

So in the end Tee did what he had to do so the family would stay happy. All that happened is that a woman made a man give up what he wanted to do to keep her happy. It happens every day. Tee made the statements that he is happy where he's at so as not to "throw his wife under the bus". He had just stated less than a week before that Tennessee was his dream job and as long as he was wanted that he'd be there. ... Then he declines??? Of course all of this is after he talks to some close buddies the day before his trip to Knoxville telling them that he had to do some deep thinking to decide what to do to keep the "family" (Aka. Wife) happy. It was obvious from the get go she didn't want to go to Tennessee.

We'll see how her superficial "i'm better than that" attitude holds up when he has no job and no way of supporting her in LA in a year after "Lame Kitten" and his coaching staff are all canned, Tee included.

I may sound angry and bitter. Fact off the matter is that I am. But it's the truth. So yes... I'm angry and bitter about what she did to him and my school.

First off its "Lame Kitten". Secondly, his (Tee Martin's) wife is the reason for him not coming to Tennessee. She's a washed up R&B recording artist from like a decade ago that had one mildly successful song recorded. She told Tee that she didn't want to come to Knoxville and that if he came to Tennessee she wouldn't be following because she wouldn't be able to "work" in Tennessee. News flash, she hasn't worked in north of ten years.

So in the end Tee did what he had to do so the family would stay happy. All that happened is that a woman made a man give up what he wanted to do to keep her happy. It happens every day. Tee made the statements that he is happy where he's at so as not to "throw his wife under the bus". He had just stated less than a week before that Tennessee was his dream job and as long as he was wanted that he'd be there. ... Then he declines??? Of course all of this is after he talks to some close buddies the day before his trip to Knoxville telling them that he had to do some deep thinking to decide what to do to keep the "family" (Aka. Wife) happy. It was obvious from the get go she didn't want to go to Tennessee.

We'll see how her superficial "i'm better than that" attitude holds up when he has no job and no way of supporting her in LA in a year after "Lame Kitten" and his coaching staff are all canned, Tee included.

I may sound angry and bitter. Fact off the matter is that I am. But it's the truth. So yes... I'm angry and bitter about what she did to him and my school.

Maybe she should try country and western.

Arkansas State hires Texas OC and former Boise OC Bryan Harsin to replace Malzahn.

I'm thoroughly satisfied by the hire. 3 good ones in 3 years.

Who you guys looking at for next year? :alien:

Hehe, we have our eyes on a couple guys, but I hate to give away our secrets.

Arkansas State hires Texas OC and former Boise OC Bryan Harsin to replace Malzahn.

I'm thoroughly satisfied by the hire. 3 good ones in 3 years.
And we thank you...........Major to the OC role now. Let the fun begin.

Harsin will be coaching a down and out SEC team before long. Just you wait and see... Ol' Miss maybe.

Harsin will be coaching a down and out SEC team before long. Just you wait and see... Ol' Miss maybe.

You thing Hugh is going to leave that quickly?

Tubbs hired Eddie Gran as his OC at Cincy. I'm glad to see the BBQ boys are still in business. It seems he didn't learn his lesson at Auburn.

I heard an interesting comment the other day:

"If your coach doesn't have the potential to get your team to your end goal it doesn't matter if they win 3 games or 10. When it doesn't fit you just have to cut ties and move on."

It struck me because I never really worried about coahces who won 9+ games, but if the administration doesn't belive in the current regime it doesn't matter how many games they win they'll probably just move on. There's so much money in college football there's always enough finances to back the moves!

Tubbs hired Eddie Gran as his OC at Cincy. I'm glad to see the BBQ boys are still in business. It seems he didn't learn his lesson at Auburn.

When (if) Marsin has a couple of good years at Arky State and Hugh does what every coach at Ol' Miss does for a couple of years (lose) then yep. Ol' Miss was more of just an example though. Arky State coaches who are successful have a tendency of ending up in the SEC...

Seriously? Wow. I hope Cincy fans are not excited about that. I bet he brings in Nall and Ensminger too.

Word I am hearing is that Dameyune Craig is in AU today to interview with Coach Malzahn for a WR Coach/Recruiting Coordinator position with Auburn. Outside of Bo, he is probably one of my favorite Auburn players. On top of that, he tears it up on the recruiting trail, and would love to see him back in the Orange and Blue.

Word I am hearing is that Dameyune Craig is in AU today to interview with Coach Malzahn for a WR Coach/Recruiting Coordinator position with Auburn. Outside of Bo, he is probably one of my favorite Auburn players. On top of that, he tears it up on the recruiting trail, and would love to see him back in the Orange and Blue.

Man, that's a name I haven't heard in a long freaking time. He was a hell of a player.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.

Man, that's a name I haven't heard in a long freaking time. He was a hell of a player.

Gregory Hines. Tapping.
He was. Great guy, too.

He's been on staff with Jimbo Fisher at FSU, and I will be quite surprised to see him leave his position there, as he and Jimbo have a very, very strong relationship.

So why couldn't Cincinnati come up with this stuff??? Just a higher level of class I guess... :bulgy-eyes:
puva2uty.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back