Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pondering a Betti if my Scotty sells. Also pondering a driver with a cut down shaft. Just don't think I can swing the long shafts right now.

Found an Odyssey staff bag tonight on clearance, its pretty bad arse. I think I need to show some MC sponsor support and bring it home.

--
tapatalk

I don't know if it's the same one, but my pro shop had an Odyssey staff bag in it and it was fantastic looking. One of the best I've ever seen. Grab that dude!

I don't know if it's the same one, but my pro shop had an Odyssey staff bag in it and it was fantastic looking. One of the best I've ever seen. Grab that dude!

It was all red, of course I didn't have my phone with me to take a pic. Time to Google it.

Edit!

new-tags-odyssey-putter-staff-bag-10-5-inches-.jpg

--
tapatalk

I am seriously thinking of new shafts in my irons.

That's cool SW. Different from the one I saw, and personally, I like the one at out pro shop better. I would've gotten it if they had discounted it at the end of the season like they did everything else. But it stayed at $200. Too much for me.

Trying not to ponder anything until after my professional fitting on Saturday. Never realized how hard it was to stay off of eBay...

That's cool SW. Different from the one I saw, and personally, I like the one at out pro shop better. I would've gotten it if they had discounted it at the end of the season like they did everything else. But it stayed at $200. Too much for me.

Snap a pic next time you're out there. I enjoy lusting over staff bags. It's a fact that during last years MC I was in heaven seeing all those razr and TM pga championship bags lineed up.

--
tapatalk

Well my Scotty sold so I'm in full blood pondering mode again. Driver is probably all thats left for me to ponder for now.

Snap a pic next time you're out there. I enjoy lusting over staff bags. It's a fact that during last years MC I was in heaven seeing all those razr and TM pga championship bags lineed up.

--
tapatalk

I'll try if it's still around. I love staff bags too. I really want one.

Well my Scotty sold so I'm in full blood pondering mode again. Driver is probably all thats left for me to ponder for now.

Holy crap didn't you just buy that?

--
tapatalk

Holy crap didn't you just buy that?

--
tapatalk

Yessuh. Got home and rolled 2 putts with it and knew it wasn't for me. I got a good deal on it and it was worth it to see if I liked it or not. Ended up not being something I liked, so I sold it.

Yessuh. Got home and rolled 2 putts with it and knew it wasn't for me. I got a good deal on it and it was worth it to see if I liked it or not. Ended up not being something I liked, so I sold it.

Wow! Sucks it didn't work for you, but at least it was a quick turn around.

I've gotta clear out some equipment tomorrow.

--
tapatalk

Wow! Sucks it didn't work for you, but at least it was a quick turn around.

I've gotta clear out some equipment tomorrow.

--
tapatalk

:bulgy-eyes: what kind of equipment?

Wedges, irons, and putters.

--
tapatalk

Hmm, interesting. Gonna shoot you a pm to see what you've got!

I may buy one of the cheap used belly putters at Golfsmith or Golf Galaxy next time I go. I just honestly want to see what it feels like to putt that way. I'm strokin' it pretty well right now with the short stick, but pure curiosity.

Hi all, i'm a newbie on this site so go easy with me!!!
I'm trying get back into playing golf, from being a junior player off 12 at the age of 14 I stopped playing regulalry then i went to University at 18.
Since then i tend to play a few times a year.

So, as i am soon to be 40 i have decided to replace my clubs, which are over 20years old!!!, and buy some new ones.
I have been having a good look around and have come up with the following.
What i would like to know are your thoughts on them and any other recommendations. I am currently playing off about 22, i have a decent swing and know it wont be long before i am still hitting better scores.

Irons:

Taylor Made CB's
Mizuno JPX-800
Wilson Staff C11's

Woods:

Cobra Zl

Thanks, i look forward to your replies :)

Of the irons you listed I would say the Wilson Staff Ci11's. Welcome to THP!

Thanks for the reply.

I have been having my swing tested as it is such a long time since i bought some clubs.
The TM and Mizuno where recommended to me.

It was only yesterday that i went to another Golf store and the pro told me about the Wilsons C11's. I have read the reviews on here and they look and sound fantastic.
Why do you recommend them over the others. Are the other a lot older as i have no idea when they came out and the C11's are 2012.

Hi all, i'm a newbie on this site so go easy with me!!!
I'm trying get back into playing golf, from being a junior player off 12 at the age of 14 I stopped playing regulalry then i went to University at 18.
Since then i tend to play a few times a year.

So, as i am soon to be 40 i have decided to replace my clubs, which are over 20years old!!!, and buy some new ones.
I have been having a good look around and have come up with the following.
What i would like to know are your thoughts on them and any other recommendations. I am currently playing off about 22, i have a decent swing and know it wont be long before i am still hitting better scores.

Irons:

Taylor Made CB's
Mizuno JPX-800
Wilson Staff C11's

Woods:

Cobra Zl

Thanks, i look forward to your replies :)

Of the irons I would say the JPX 800's would fit your game best right now just based off of handicap. Can I ask how you narrowed down your choices? Seems a pretty narrow list of woods lol

Of the irons I would say the JPX 800's would fit your game best right now just based off of handicap. Can I ask how you narrowed down your choices? Seems a pretty narrow list of woods lol

I went to a local golf store and told them that i wanted new clubs, not played for ages, etc....
Then i hit a number of balls with a number of clubs that they thought would be ok for me and that is what they came up with.
I have done no other research, my current clubs are that old that anything will improve my game i guess!

As for the wood. I wanted something to help with my slice. I really want a TM R11, but they are out of my price range. The Pro recomended the Cobra to me and it felt nice to hit and is customisable.

I am seriously thinking of new shafts in my irons.

Whatcha considering?

Based on absolutely nothing I am gonna guess KBS Tour 90!

I went to a local golf store and told them that i wanted new clubs, not played for ages, etc....
Then i hit a number of balls with a number of clubs that they thought would be ok for me and that is what they came up with.
I have done no other research, my current clubs are that old that anything will improve my game i guess!

As for the wood. I wanted something to help with my slice. I really want a TM R11, but they are out of my price range. The Pro recomended the Cobra to me and it felt nice to hit and is customisable.

Sounds good. The Ci11's are outstanding looking irons and I bet they perform as well as they look. Might want to check out the Di11's as well. Just a little more forgiveness

Read great things on THP about the Hirzl glove - considering ordering online but would like to see one in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back