Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I briefly had a J38 6i and when I compared it to my J40's, I was really not able to tell a difference. Not worth the upgrade IMO.

Feedback I was looking for. Because I could not find any info comparing the 2, thanks!

TaylorMade just threw a picture of the R1 on twitter, and that thing is so sexy from that angle, I want one, didn't before, do now.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

TaylorMade just threw a picture of the R1 on twitter, and that thing is so sexy from that angle, I want one, didn't before, do now.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

It's a performer for sure. I really do enjoy having it in the bag.

Jon your right it may come down to head shape and maybe price if its really close.

Tim yeah maybe 52-8 and 56-10 I think I'd be safe there. Haven't seen many less than that on bounce.

Wondering about going +1/2 since my irons are or buying standard then extending and regripping myself if I feel the need.

After more thoughts on what I hit today club wise thinking of kbs tours. Need to get on the optimizer I suppose.

Yeah. I buy one at a time when I'm trying out new ones. I would email your fitter a quick question and see what he says as far as extending them. He may recommend altering the lie too, which could mean you want to go forged as some fitters won't bend cast clubs (other than PINGs). Either way, they're easy to get extended, or do yourself, if you're looking for a deal.

Do ball markers count? I must get...........

579037_10152684514040640_1854005894_n.jpg

Oh. My.

Surprised you guys did not already get one. Mine arrived on Monday.

It's random and I have zero need for it, but I'm pondering Covert hybrids for some reason today...

Sorry boys, all my cameras are broken. :alien:

Yeah. I buy one at a time when I'm trying out new ones. I would email your fitter a quick question and see what he says as far as extending them. He may recommend altering the lie too, which could mean you want to go forged as some fitters won't bend cast clubs (other than PINGs). Either way, they're easy to get extended, or do yourself, if you're looking for a deal.

Yeah I will talk to him for sure about wedges. We discussed it briefly during my fitting mainly loft choices(52,56,60) to fill out my bag. I am still iffy on the 60 and don't see a lot of places for it in my game right now

Yeah I will talk to him for sure about wedges. We discussed it briefly during my fitting mainly loft choices(52,56,60) to fill out my bag. I am still iffy on the 60 and don't see a lot of places for it in my game right now

I hear that. I don't carry a 60 as I got tired of skulling balls across greens so often. If I added a wedge, I'd be going 50/54/58 instead of just 50/56. Nothing I can do with a 60 that I can't do with a 58 I imagine. I can open up my 56 pretty good too for that matter. I'm not gonna lie, I'm half tempted to get the i20 set wedges... I'm gonna wait until I get my UW though before doing anything though.

I hear that. I don't carry a 60 as I got tired of skulling balls across greens so often. If I added a wedge, I'd be going 50/54/58 instead of just 50/56. Nothing I can do with a 60 that I can't do with a 58 I imagine. I can open up my 56 pretty good too for that matter. I'm not gonna lie, I'm half tempted to get the i20 set wedges... I'm gonna wait until I get my UW though before doing anything though.

I just don't see it I don't try for the Phil flop, if I try and flop it at all its just to carry a hazard and to safety on the green. This is gonna be the yr of smarter golf and not hero golf for me, and with that the 60 just doesn't seem to fit this style.

Having seen how sweet Tiger has been smashing the covert 5w I think I will test it out for my bag this year

So I know I'm real late to the party but I finally got to Golfsmith today for the first time since all the new equipment came out. Hit almost everything but one stood out. The Taylormade Rocketbladez Tour irons. Wow is all I can really say. I'm now in full ponder mode.

So I know I'm real late to the party but I finally got to Golfsmith today for the first time since all the new equipment came out. Hit almost everything but one stood out. The Taylormade Rocketbladez Tour irons. Wow is all I can really say. I'm now in full ponder mode.

Fashionably late man, is acceptable!

What else did you put them up against?

I kicked the 60* out of my bag a few months ago when I bought my JPX Pros. They came with a 50* Gap wedge so I went from carrying a 52*, 56*, and 60* Vokeys to just a 54* and 58*. It was the best move I have made in a long time. Like you, my miss with the 60* was a skull across the green. That is gone now and I have not come across a shot yet that I could execute with the 60* that I can't with the 58*.

Fashionably late man, is acceptable!

What else did you put them up against?

Irons: I also hit the Rocketbladez, X-Hot, X-Hot pros, Cobra Amp cell's, Cobra Amps, Ping i20's and Ping G25's. Really hit a wide range of irons and never thought I'd like these but they just worked. I just assumed they'd be too tough for my game but they really are similar to the R11 irons at address and felt great.

Irons: I also hit the Rocketbladez, X-Hot, X-Hot pros, Cobra Amp cell's, Cobra Amps, Ping i20's and Ping G25's. Really hit a wide range of irons and never thought I'd like these but they just worked. I just assumed they'd be too tough for my game but they really are similar to the R11 irons at address and felt great.

You did hit a bunch sounds like my wedge testing today.

I find it awesome how preconceived notions get blown out of the water.

Make that the Covert Tour Hybrid. May need to make a trip to the golf store on my lunch break tomorrow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back