Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies Almost Belly Cleveland T-Frame...

I think a 19* or 20* hybrid would be good for my bag. Weird because I love the one I have now. Just need a new shaft methinks.

I was about to say I have a few 19 and 20* I could offer you, but you swing funny.

I'm not even sure I want a new head. The one I'm using now is the best hybrid I've ever hit. Maybe I'll prowl the bay for a new shaft. Something lighter that I'll hit a touch higher.

Pondering hybrids this week. Love my 4H but thinking that I want to try something else. Pondering G25 4/5 combo and a Altitude 5/6 combo.

Oh. Standard Hopkins ponder for #WPF.

The 910D2 really has me wanting a 910F now.... man I love that driver.

The 910D2 really has me wanting a 910F now.... man I love that driver.

One just got posted in the Marketplace section yesterday or today.

glad the covert ponder ended so quickly cookie.

I didnt say it to piss him off, I really think the covert stuff is junk.

Covert = junk. However - Covert/White Tie is amazing.

Covert = junk. However - Covert/White Tie is amazing.
It very well might be...and I am not doubting that. But, I dont think a club should need an upgraded shaft to perform. For a Jrod I think it does but not for the every day golfer.

It very well might be...and I am not doubting that. But, I dont think a club should need an upgraded shaft to perform. For a Jrod I think it does but not for the every day golfer.

I don't disagree. It was/still is my biggest beef with that club. Nike put a junk shaft into the tour head.

I don't disagree. It was/still is my biggest beef with that club. Nike put a junk shaft into the tour head.
shaft talk aside....do you think the face of that club is HOT? Like bomb hot? Like 700 yard drives? joking obviously. It left me wanting more.

shaft talk aside....do you think the face of that club is HOT? Like bomb hot? Like 700 yard drives? joking obviously. It left me wanting more.

It definitely is a low launch low spin face. I have my loft up to 11.5. I need all of it. Because the head spins so low, if I get the right launch angle, its a bomb. If I am low with the LA, its a wobbly knuckler that goes nowhere. That is part of the reason why the high launch shaft works out so well with it.

It definitely is a low launch low spin face. I have my loft up to 11.5. I need all of it. Because the head spins so low, if I get the right launch angle, its a bomb. If I am low with the LA, its a wobbly knuckler that goes nowhere. That is part of the reason why the high launch shaft works out so well with it.
makes perfect sense and great that you were able to find a good pair. Your also speaking about the tour though. Which has those characteristics. The other normal covert does not. its just poopie painted red with a golf ball holder on the bottom.

Just like Cookie I'm pondering a hybrid as well. I was looking at the 20* X-hot pro, but now I'm curious about Cobra's offering. Anyone try both and have the cobra win out over the callaway?

makes perfect sense and great that you were able to find a good pair. Your also speaking about the tour though. Which has those characteristics. The other normal covert does not. its just poopie painted red with a golf ball holder on the bottom.

The performance head was a lower spin head to if I believe. But truth be told, I got better numbers off of the tour head. Which isn't as unforgiving as it could be. At least to me. I didn't put much time into the Performance head, mainly because I disliked the Kuro Kage Black more than I disliked the Kuro Kage Silver. Plus, it says tour. And I use a staff bag. So I need to at least look like a good golfer.

The performance head was a lower spin head to if I believe. But truth be told, I got better numbers off of the tour head. Which isn't as unforgiving as it could be. At least to me. I didn't put much time into the Performance head, mainly because I disliked the Kuro Kage Black more than I disliked the Kuro Kage Silver. Plus, it says tour. And I use a staff bag. So I need to at least look like a good golfer.
thats a solid point.

what the hell is a Kuro Kage anyway?

A board like graphite shaft that ruins everything it touches.
Nike should punch whoever thought it was a good idea. Might as well throw a Nunchuk in there. Everyone uses the same shaft. EVEN Grandpa. that old bastard

Really pondering a shaft change in my driver and 3 wood. I have hit the Diamana S+62 g in several drivers now and the shaft seems to be perfect for me. I'm considering the D+ or the S+ in my 3 wood. The problem I have is that it seems to be that there is no way I can try the shaft in the same model of my clubs. I might go to a fitting place near by but I would prefer to try the shaft with the same club head I have. The project X black also intrigues me but I have yet to see that shaft anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back