Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
#WPF

Hopkins 54* w/ shelf grind and customization. Too bad they squashed the THP and grind discount stacking, it would be done by now if that was still available.

THey should bring it back for old time sake. I would join you so we could be twins.

#WPF

Hopkins 50 (shelf), 56 bent to 55 (heel/toe), and 60 (wide).

Or

Using my matching i20 U wedge, Hopkins 54 (shelf), and 58 (Channel).

I too think they should bring back the double-discount!

#WPF

Hopkins 50 (shelf), 56 bent to 55 (heel/toe), and 60 (wide).

Or

Using my matching i20 U wedge, Hopkins 54 (shelf), and 58 (Channel).

I too think they should bring back the double-discount!

Even without the double discount, they are A) cheaper than most off the rack, wedges and B) You can customize them and C) They flat out perform.

Even without the double discount, they are A) cheaper than most off the rack, wedges and B) You can customize them and C) They flat out perform.

Agree with all of this, which is why I will own them eventually. After the TM Ultimate Weekend in Orlando though.

#WPF = Wedge Ponder Friday if anyone is confused.

And it's a good one. Ponder some j40's. They are fun.

It took me weeks to figure that out when I first joined THP. I felt so on the outside :what:

Continuing my 50* 588 RTX CB ponder...

Sent from The Galaxy Note 2

#OMGNIPYAXHDITTHPM

(That's "Oh My God Now I'm Pondering Yet Another XHot Driver In The THP Marketplace" for you acronym challenged folks)

Headcovers are a little cumbersome in my stand bag, so looking at some nice leather matching ones. Looking at Stitch, Cru and Iliac, but they are pretty pricey. Anyone know of anyone else to check?

Headcovers are a little cumbersome in my stand bag, so looking at some nice leather matching ones. Looking at Stitch, Cru and Iliac, but they are pretty pricey. Anyone know of anyone else to check?

I'm Hawkpondering the crap out of some Stitch headcovers. I've heard that you can find them cheaper on eBay at times.

I'm Hawkpondering the crap out of some Stitch headcovers. I've heard that you can find them cheaper on eBay at times.

I am staring at their deal for 79.99, but I cant decide if they would match a Ping Latitude bag. My Samba bag is light blue and I need to match.

It took me weeks to figure that out when I first joined THP. I felt so on the outside :what:

Continuing my 50* 588 RTX CB ponder...

Haha, I am glad to shorten the confusion timeframe for other members then!! Solid ponder you've got there eagle!! Any others on the list?

Speaking of wedges has anyone tried out the Ping Tour wedges with the gorge grooves?

I am staring at their deal for 79.99, but I cant decide if they would match a Ping Latitude bag. My Samba bag is light blue and I need to match.

I bought a Stitch Hybrid cover in the spring, and the stitching (never realized the irony of that) of the seems came undone after very few rounds. Probably not the feedback either of you want to hear, but if either of you want the headcover, let me know and it's yours.

That's a solid ponder. They look great.

I'm on the 825 pro ponder train.

I bought a Stitch Hybrid cover in the spring, and the stitching (never realized the irony of that) of the seems came undone after very few rounds. Probably not the feedback either of you want to hear, but if either of you want the headcover, let me know and it's yours.

That is interesting. I'm mainly looking at the hybrid headcovers because both of my Rocket Tour headcovers have small holes in them now. I just don't like the large headcovers that seem to come from every OEM, so the Stitch ones seemed like good options.

Speaking of wedges has anyone tried out the Ping Tour wedges with the gorge grooves?

I hit them during the demo day. I actually liked them. Good feel, great turf interaction, and a nice head shape. But man are they heavy. Like sledgehammer heavy. I would really worry about touch around the green with them. If I was forced to game them I would have to find a way to take weight out probably by porting them. I just found them to be so head heavy.

That is interesting. I'm mainly looking at the hybrid headcovers because both of my Rocket Tour headcovers have small holes in them now. I just don't like the large headcovers that seem to come from every OEM, so the Stitch ones seemed like good options.

I snapped some quick pics to show you what happened, but Tapatalk won't let me upload them. I'll try again later.

Add the Optiforce to the list....I have got to stay away from review threads! But I hit it tonight at golf galaxy....I need to see this on the range.

I hit them during the demo day. I actually liked them. Good feel, great turf interaction, and a nice head shape. But man are they heavy. Like sledgehammer heavy. I would really worry about touch around the green with them. If I was forced to game them I would have to find a way to take weight out probably by porting them. I just found them to be so head heavy.

Like heaver than the previous version of the tour wedge the Tour-S that I am using right now?

Like heaver than the previous version of the tour wedge the Tour-S that I am using right now?

I'm not sure I have hit the Tour-S wedge. The Tour with the Gorge grooves might have been the first Ping wedge I have ever hit. But it was also the probably the heaviest wedge I have ever hit.

Just added 3 to my bag. I am a bit of a Ping homer, but I think the turf interaction, especially on shorter shots is amazing. The 50* just seems to want to everything I want. They are a bit heavy feeling, but I prefer that.

Just added 3 to my bag. I am a bit of a Ping homer, but I think the turf interaction, especially on shorter shots is amazing. The 50* just seems to want to everything I want. They are a bit heavy feeling, but I prefer that.

Heavy or head heavy? Those CFS shafts are fairly light.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Heavy or head heavy? Those CFS shafts are fairly light.

Head heavy.

Head heavy.

Yep. I thought they were too. I honestly don't know why I got rid of them. My wedge game was probably at its peak with those wedges.

Haha, I am glad to shorten the confusion timeframe for other members then!! Solid ponder you've got there eagle!! Any others on the list?

Only other wedge I've given serious consideration too is the 588 rtx. I also somewhat considered the new Mack Daddy's based on appearance alone.

This will not be a 'touch' club for me. I want it for full shots only. So I figure some forgiveness with the CB would be welcomed. Did you prefer any of these in a 120ish yard range?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back