Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That optiforce was money!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

I need a Callaway Driver or 3 wood in my life right now. Good thing I'm broke.

Same here. Especially that 3 Deep. Hopefully once the teaching ramps up in the next couple months I'll be able to finally end this ponder...just in time for the season to end.

Same here. Especially that 3 Deep. Hopefully once the teaching ramps up in the next couple months I'll be able to finally end this ponder...just in time for the season to end.

The 3Deep is so much fun.

The 3Deep is so much fun.

Damaikis, is the 3-Deep your driver now? I ask this because I had a strong three wood last year which led to my handicap dropping two points because I found the fairway more often. Curious if you are finding the same with the 3-Deep?

Damaikis, is the 3-Deep your driver now? I ask this because I had a strong three wood last year which led to my handicap dropping two points because I found the fairway more often. Curious if you are finding the same with the 3-Deep?

Yeah I hit it in place for my driver. And no I don't hit it any better than my driver. I hit it worse actually. I can pound it, but I'm fairly inconsistent (hitting it all over the face). I am able to keep it in the fairway most time, but I can't seem to hit it solid that much.

I've been using mine as a driver and have been having amazing distance and fairway accuracy.

Pondering a Tank. #7 or #1 is the question though. Gonna go try both today. Hopefully they have both in a 38".

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4

Anybody know if PING stocks C-Taper Light yet?

Pondering a Cobra Tour Trusty wedge with a graphite shaft. They won't be available until Oct. which is good because I want to hit the Hopkins before I pull the trigger.

Only other wedge I've given serious consideration too is the 588 rtx. I also somewhat considered the new Mack Daddy's based on appearance alone.

This will not be a 'touch' club for me. I want it for full shots only. So I figure some forgiveness with the CB would be welcomed. Did you prefer any of these in a 120ish yard range?

Sent from The Galaxy Note 2

You know, I really struggled with rotex on full swings. I made the mistake of pairing a heavy shaft with a heavy head though, and I think that played a major part in the reduced distance.

I suspect the 50* CB will be more than sufficient from 120 or just short of that assuming you pair them with a shaft that works for your game!

Someone tell me why I can't stop thinking about buying an Amp Cell Pro driver head for dirt cheap and then finding a Tour AD DI-6 shaft to put in there.

Someone tell me why I can't stop thinking about buying an Amp Cell Pro driver head for dirt cheap and then finding a Tour AD DI-6 shaft to put in there.

You can't because it would be
A. Freaking beautiful
B. Freaking LONG

You can't because it would be
A. Freaking beautiful
B. Freaking LONG

My current J40 setup is LONG when I'm swinging well, but I can't help thinking that the Amp Cell Pro would be more forgiving on mishits. I just hope that head is somewhat low spin, because that's the kind of head that I need.

My current J40 setup is LONG when I'm swinging well, but I can't help thinking that the Amp Cell Pro would be more forgiving on mishits. I just hope that head is somewhat low spin, because that's the kind of head that I need.

The head is extremely low spinning in the pro model. It's very flat. As for forgiveness... It's no G25,but I honestly didn't see a bit of difference between it and the Amp Cell.

That sounds interesting, how much do you think that setup would cost?

That sounds interesting, how much do you think that setup would cost?

There's a seller on the Bay that is selling the Amp Cell Pro for $199. The shaft is the bigger issue, hard to find those for under $200.

There's a seller on the Bay that is selling the Amp Cell Pro for $199. The shaft is the bigger issue, hard to find those for under $200.

Yeah I thought that shaft might be $$$. I'm looking for the best performing 440 cc driver head and then finding the right shaft to pair it up.

You know, I really struggled with rotex on full swings. I made the mistake of pairing a heavy shaft with a heavy head though, and I think that played a major part in the reduced distance.

I suspect the 50* CB will be more than sufficient from 120 or just short of that assuming you pair them with a shaft that works for your game!

What shaft were you gaming? I was thinking about a KBS Hi Rev or DG spinner. What'd you think of the heavy head in terms of feel and distance control?

I'm afraid I'm discounting other wedges to get the forgiveness of the CB. I'm fairly strong with my wedges so I don't necessarily need a CB, the review thread just sounded so positive for the longer range wedge lofts that it became too much to ignore.

What shaft were you gaming? I was thinking about a KBS Hi Rev or DG spinner. What'd you think of the heavy head in terms of feel and distance control?

I'm afraid I'm discounting other wedges to get the forgiveness of the CB. I'm fairly strong with my wedges so I don't necessarily need a CB, the review thread just sounded so positive for the longer range wedge lofts that it became too much to ignore.

The DGS400. Terribly high launching and just not working well for me and my swing. That said, in the bunkers and around the greens they were absolutely fantastic. Probably some of the best flop shots and bunker play I've had.

I love hi-rev. I bet that's a great combo in the rtx.

I have a lot of pondering to ponder right now. my irons have cycled through a lot of 300 ball range buckets so the heads are just done. im looking at the titleist MB's and the mizuno MP-4's, maybe the callaway razr blades. im also trying to wrap my head around getting the titleist 712u 2 iron as well as a new 3wood but i dont have a clue what i should get. finally my driver is beginning to crack and its out of warranty and I've fallen in love with pictures of the yonex ezone 380 type :confused2:

MP-4s. Drool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back