Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About a year or so. It was rolled up for 2-3 months. I managed to flatten it out for the most part with some heavy things on it for a few days. It really does work great though. I have a bit of a hand injury at the moment so I have been downstairs putting every night.

I ended up not getting the plastic that goes around the edges, because #1, it was $40 extra, and #2, I feel like I could make them for much less. Should have it late next week.

Chrome MD2 FTW.

Although slate looked nice as well.

The BP 588s are some of my favourite (+1 to Canadan) wedges ever. Loved that look.

I agree on the Chrome MD2's, that smoke chrome finish they use is impeccable and poses ZERO glare issues. When I reviewed them I was sure I would prefer the raw slate finish, wrong!

I ended up not getting the plastic that goes around the edges, because #1, it was $40 extra, and #2, I feel like I could make them for much less. Should have it late next week.

You wont believe the amount of extra crap they throw in. I didnt order the plastic either and got it. Along with some birdie balls, flags, and a mat 1 size large than what I ordered.

I agree on the Chrome MD2's, that smoke chrome finish they use is impeccable and poses ZERO glare issues. When I reviewed them I was sure I would prefer the raw slate finish, wrong!

Yep -- felt the same way. I thought I would prefer slate until I saw both in person. The chrome finish is pretty awesome.

You wont believe the amount of extra crap they throw in. I didnt order the plastic either and got it. Along with some birdie balls, flags, and a mat 1 size large than what I ordered.

Well i got it 30% off too after talking to paul on twitter. Which helped. I think I got everything for $85, which seems to be a steal and a half for that big of a putting green.

Well i got it 30% off too after talking to paul on twitter. Which helped. I think I got everything for $85, which seems to be a steal and a half for that big of a putting green.

I got a discount on mine also and still got all the extra stuff too. They really do a good job. I was thinking about emailing them about the creases and stuff in mine.

James, if you didn't see it already, you have a PM.

Happy #WPF

In honor of that, I'll ponder some MD2 wedges

Everyday is wedge ponder day in my head. Been looking at the black oxide Hopkins, 588s, j40s, SM4.....so many options.

stillt hinking about the x hots irons ... or should i wait for x2hots..

Thinking about a mint mid size Titleist staff bag.

Callaway SR2 and SR3 balls....or maybe the new Bridgestone B series balls?

Pondering a move back to Odyssey. Just not happy with the 2 options I have at putter. The #9 really fits my eye with the 1/2 shaft offset and the alignment aid. Messed around with a white ice #9 at 34 inches and 355 grams that felt incredible compared to everything else on the shelf (swing weight, alignment, contact, etc.) Don't know if I want to spend the jack for the MXM coming out in January though. Perhaps THP will have a few for us to review?

Probably looking at getting a Protype with a Superstroke

Bettinardi BB34 this afternoon

Pondering a move back to Odyssey. Just not happy with the 2 options I have at putter. The #9 really fits my eye with the 1/2 shaft offset and the alignment aid. Messed around with a white ice #9 at 34 inches and 355 grams that felt incredible compared to everything else on the shelf (swing weight, alignment, contact, etc.) Don't know if I want to spend the jack for the MXM coming out in January though. Perhaps THP will have a few for us to review?

Probably looking at getting a Protype with a Superstroke

There will be a few of us from the #grandaddy putting down our thoughts that is for sure

There will be a few of us from the #grandaddy putting down our thoughts that is for sure

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on them. They look incredible. Sabella's input in the video makes the lineup sound 1. Technologically beyond everything else and 2. Kinda expensive

I've never gamed callaway's except for a forged wedge a while back, but your coming soon bag custom fit by the zoo crew makes me drool...

Can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts on them. They look incredible. Sabella's input in the video makes the lineup sound 1. Technologically beyond everything else and 2. Kinda expensive

I've never gamed callaway's except for a forged wedge a while back, but your coming soon bag custom fit by the zoo crew makes me drool...

I am extremely lucky man, I really am.

I am extremely lucky man, I really am.

Well like most things in life, you get out of something what you you put into it. And you definitely put a lot into the THP community from what I can tell. THP gave back because of that effort. I'm glad I joined and I fully intend to be a happy part of the group.

Well like most things in life, you get out of something what you you put into it. And you definitely put a lot into the THP community from what I can tell. THP gave back because of that effort. I'm glad I joined and I fully intend to be a happy part of the group.

I promise once you do your first get together you will be all in man. This place has some of the nicest, most genuine people I've ever met.

60° trusty rusty.

New 56 sand wedge, mine is so old and really has no grooves left. I lost my SW from my last set and bought my current one used at a local golf shot and ABSOLUTELY love it but know that it is time to move on with this maybe right to a new Vokey??? Hmmmmm

Everything that is made by Callaway!!!!!!

I'm struggling with a golf-related gift for my dad. Thinking that the easy choice would be some Bridgestone balls, but curious if anyone had anything else to recommend for a 70+ year old avid golfer that rides in a cart 99% of the time?

I'm struggling with a golf-related gift for my dad. Thinking that the easy choice would be some Bridgestone balls, but curious if anyone had anything else to recommend for a 70+ year old avid golfer that rides in a cart 99% of the time?

Frogger cart poncho...

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

Frogger cart poncho...

Amphibians can Tapatalk... Fear the Frog!

If he actually played golf in the rain, I'd consider it! But if the weather is bad at all, he's not out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back