Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering a Bio Cell 3 wood or W/S M3 3 wood. Ive found a W/S head for a good price and the Bio is a full club for a good price.

Pondering a Bio Cell 3 wood or W/S M3 3 wood. Ive found a W/S head for a good price and the Bio is a full club for a good price.

I hit the M3 when I was looking for a new fairway and hated the feel of it. I know everyone is different but it just didn't agree with me. Bio Cell on the other hand is just a fantastic stick. The whole line is great actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Bio is a good bit better than the m3 having played and reviewed both. Bio was a sleeper.

The Bio is a good bit better than the m3 having played and reviewed both. Bio was a sleeper.

Thanks. What your thoughts between the XHot and Bio 3 woods? I have the Xhot 3 wood and its great, just wondering how it would be against the Bio 3 wood.

I hit the M3 when I was looking for a new fairway and hated the feel of it. I know everyone is different but it just didn't agree with me. Bio Cell on the other hand is just a fantastic stick. The whole line is great actually.

If it feels anything like the M3 driver, it's a pretty bad feeling.

If it feels anything like the M3 driver, it's a pretty bad feeling.
It doesn't, it feels very solid to my swing. Feel and sound is very "nothing" when you hit it well.

That being said, it's not a very "hot" club off the face and it's not terribly forgiving, particularly low on the face - hence my switch to a Big Bertha.

Looking for something in the "high and straight" category for irons to mix in now and then. Looking at G25/G30 or maybe the SpeedBlades. Like the 545s a lot, and when I'm swinging well, all is good. But, went and hit a set of G25 yesterday and I felt I couldn't miss. Part of it might be comfort - even though I've been swinging the 545 all year, I played G series for quite a while. Sort of wish I didn't get rid of the G15s - would be a good backup set. The 545s aren't going anywhere, but since I'm not trying to move the ball, wouldn't mind having an SGI set around.

To me, they were basically the same iron, so I'd go with the cheaper of the two.

To me, they were basically the same iron, so I'd go with the cheaper of the two.

Me too. Although I would say the D200s and Big Berthas for me are the best in class so far this year.

Hybrids......never thought I would be saying that, but I guess we all change and I will quite probably be looking for something to fill the gap between my 5i and 5W once I get my new Z545's

Read the review of the XR hybrid and it has also added the X2 Hot line into the equation after reading that the XR isn't a huge leap forward from the X2 Hot line, so I might look at picking one of those up on the cheap - that could all change if I hit the XR though

The Cally BB815 would have to be significantly better as it seems to be quite a bit more than the others from the little bit of looking around I have done

Hybrids......never thought I would be saying that, but I guess we all change and I will quite probably be looking for something to fill the gap between my 5i and 5W once I get my new Z545's

Read the review of the XR hybrid and it has also added the X2 Hot line into the equation after reading that the XR isn't a huge leap forward from the X2 Hot line, so I might look at picking one of those up on the cheap - that could all change if I hit the XR though

The Cally BB815 would have to be significantly better as it seems to be quite a bit more than the others from the little bit of looking around I have done

X2 Hot Pros are insanely good hybrids, can't recommend them enough. Or if you're looking for something on the cheap, Bridgestone J40's are still great hybrids - good enough that nothing has been able to kick them out of my bag yet. They've been in there for over a year, that's like an eternity in THP years :alien:

X2 Hot Pros are insanely good hybrids, can't recommend them enough. Or if you're looking for something on the cheap, Bridgestone J40's are still great hybrids - good enough that nothing has been able to kick them out of my bag yet. They've been in there for over a year, that's like an eternity in THP years :alien:

Only problem with Bridgestone clubs is finding them over here in the UK....I am yet to see one anywhere near me, let alone be able to try them

Only problem with Bridgestone clubs is finding them over here in the UK....I am yet to see one anywhere near me, let alone be able to try them

True. Maybe fleaBay has a few?

Another one I forgot about is the Adams Pro. Boy oh boy that was/is a good hybrid.

I really dont need another bag, but this blue stand bag looks so good
cbg501mainimg.jpg
Does that one have the same stupid top divider from the 2014 BSG stand bag. I loved that bag, but the top ruined it for me.

Not many ponders this week:
Mini Driver (not sure I care whether Aeroburner or SLDRs)
XR Pro irons
#wpf RTX 2.0 wedges
Odyssey Works....maybe the non versa schemed Rossie?
BioDrive leather

I guess that's it....

Does that one have the same stupid top divider from the 2014 BSG stand bag. I loved that bag, but the top ruined it for me.

no idea. I wont buy it, I just find it incredibly beautiful

I got that email today as well. I put few clubs in the cart to trade, but it keeps telling me there is no promotion matching that code.

Now that I'm home and on a PC I'm getting the same thing - not recognizing the code. I'll wait until tomorrow to see if it takes.
I'm still seeing this error message. What am I missing? :confused2:

Put the 30 on the other side of trade and you should be good to go.

Pondering what the result of a UDI head with a CTL 90 shaft would be. Currently has a KBS Tour 110g shaft in it.

I emailed them about it a few days ago. They sent the wrong code, it's suppose to be trade30.

Put the 30 on the other side of trade and you should be good to go.

Got it. I wasn't going that far in the process.

Not many ponders this week:
Mini Driver (not sure I care whether Aeroburner or SLDRs)
XR Pro irons
#wpf RTX 2.0 wedges
Odyssey Works....maybe the non versa schemed Rossie?
BioDrive leather

I guess that's it....

You will hit Mini Driver tomorrow on hole 2, maybe 4 as well.
RTX 2.0 will be there too.
Bio Drive Leather, yeah those are sweet.

These grips. I don't even know how they feel, but they look awesome

31UXqptwb5L._SX450_.jpg

You will hit Mini Driver tomorrow on hole 2, maybe 4 as well.
RTX 2.0 will be there too.
Bio Drive Leather, yeah those are sweet.
Mini driver holes: 2, 4, 6 (possibly), 11 (possibly), 12 (possibly), 14, and 16 (possibly). Those possibly's all depend on how wet it is.

G30 5W ponder continues. Also been hankering for a Kuchar Model 1 Betti. Non arm lock version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back