Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pondering putting the goodness that was found today back in to the bag.

After today at the PGA superstore I now have fallen in love with the Callaway 816 14* fairway wood! Thing is a beast! I also was a huge fan of the 816 DBD but its no better than my R15 so no changes in driver this year! I need that fairway I think.

Little side note...I was a huge fan of the Wilson Staff FG Tour F5 3 wood. I couldn't believe how forgiving and solid this club was! This is my number two choice as of now. Wilson is doing great things and I hope to get into the Wilson event this year!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

816 fairways are crazy good dude. I absolutely love my 14* and I know a few guys who love the 14 and 16 as well. You need to make that happen

Official Equipment Pondering Thread

What did I miss?

Was cleaning up the garage and had a few of my older bags in there. One with the rain cover on it. Was curious what was in it, so I opened it...

Margie F3, Mashie F5, Cleveland black 3w (all with Miyazaki goodness), 50/54/58 588 wedges.

Glad I didn't purchase anything yet...

Was cleaning up the garage and had a few of my older bags in there. One with the rain cover on it. Was curious what was in it, so I opened it...

Margie F3, Mashie F5, Cleveland black 3w (all with Miyazaki goodness), 50/54/58 588 wedges.

Heard those Margie's are solid

Pondering a 4 wood. Cobra LTD, F5, XR16 are the next 3 I want to put through their paces. W/S F5 still isn't available up here so it's a long shot.

Excellent!!!! Did you fist pump?

Pondering a 4 wood. Cobra LTD, F5, XR16 are the next 3 I want to put through their paces. W/S F5 still isn't available up here so it's a long shot.
The Ltd 3/4 fairway launched too low for my taste even lofted all the way up. It's a bomber but due to flight it didn't fit my gap needs well. That sucker is long though. Xr16.... what can I say? My local gs only had the 14°. Holy cow is that thing long. I really need to hit a 4w in that line

Cleveland wedges terrify me.

Haha. I know they do.

Oh, I also found the Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge.

That will be nice to have for RTJ.

Haha. I know they do.

Oh, I also found the Cleveland Smart Sole S wedge.

That will be nice to have for RTJ.

I saw niblicks on sale for like 30 bucks the other day. I don't miss them, although i miss watching 441 use them.

I saw niblicks on sale for like 30 bucks the other day. I don't miss them, although i miss watching 441 use them.
Cheater sticks

War Eagle how do you like the smart sole wedge? I am really close getting one and maybe even the chipper as well.

Come and visit. I've got a few shaft options.
You drive a hard bargain but I may be able to make something work soon.

But for sure I'll be there this season at some point.

War Eagle how do you like the smart sole wedge? I am really close getting one and maybe even the chipper as well.

I am a fan of it. It hasn't been in the bag for the past year and a half, but it just made short game easy.

The Ltd 3/4 fairway launched too low for my taste even lofted all the way up. It's a bomber but due to flight it didn't fit my gap needs well. That sucker is long though. Xr16.... what can I say? My local gs only had the 14°. Holy cow is that thing long. I really need to hit a 4w in that line
That's wierd. I thought the whole point of Zero CG tech was for high launch and keep spin in check.

That's wierd. I thought the whole point of Zero CG tech was for high launch and keep spin in check.
It could easily be just me lol. M1 3hl at 17° flew much higher on the same round/same tee box on multiple occasions vs the king at 16°

I know something Kang is pondering, and will buy as soon as he can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back