Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I'm still pondering a PuttOut Pressure Putt Trainer, but, in the past week I've acquired: A MaxFil weighted swing trainer, a pack of Flatballs, an Odyssey putting practice thingamajig, a Blast Motion Golf sensor (still in-transit), and subscribed to True Motion Golf for off-season training. So I should probably stop with the pondering. Or maybe at least stop at the pondering ;)
I like the blast motion sensor a ton. It's really cool and gives some great info.

which one is in the top spot?

i don't know yet...from the reviews, the ZX5 seems more suited to me...i can't even hit a ball for another few weeks, at least, maybe a month or more :oops: so i'm trying not to fill my golf chamber (closet)

let's get this sorted out.

What needs a change the most?
Well right now I'm rolling with only 12 clubs for no real reason, just only bagging the ones that work best. My heart wants new irons but every time I try new ones I just miss my Apex Pros.

Well right now I'm rolling with only 12 clubs for no real reason, just only bagging the ones that work best. My heart wants new irons but every time I try new ones I just miss my Apex Pros.
921 forged. Go.

I honestly don’t know why you keep trying to replace them.

I like the blast motion sensor a ton. It's really cool and gives some great info.
*nod* Your comments in @ddec's review thread were among those that persuaded me to pull the trigger on one.

I may have a serious ponder happening on a Vessel carry bag.

Interesting thought as I remember @MWard saying something about less than a handful of your players using single lengths historically. While I think part of that is lack of availability in a package that makes sense I wanted to dive in a little deeper.

So went to a tour rep for one of the biggest tour vans on tour. A TON of tour players play their wedges all at the same length. Why? To eliminate variables.

Interesting thought as I remember @MWard saying something about less than a handful of your players using single lengths historically. While I think part of that is lack of availability in a package that makes sense I wanted to dive in a little deeper.

So went to a tour rep for one of the biggest tour vans on tour. A TON of tour players play their wedges all at the same length. Why? To eliminate variables.
Now that’s interesting. Let’s the loft do the job.

How different are the lengths of wedges? I guess that's something I've never thought about since they're already so short.

How different are the lengths of wedges? I guess that's something I've never thought about since they're already so short.
Usually 1/4 to 1/2 inch variances.

Reactions: KEV

I stand 100% by my comment that single length irons just aren’t for everyone.

Depends how many you have of course. But figure 1/4 to 1/2. The general idea is changing that principle of variable elimination across the set, which is pretty fascinating and love him or hate him, Bryson is on the cutting edge of most in equipment.

All composite including putter. I believe first ever to do it on .
Single length major winner.

I will continue to update the One Length thread but found the notion that it was “anti tour” a little interesting so wanted to dive in a bit.

Reactions: KEV
Who said they’re for everyone?

Reactions: JB
Oh I’m pondering all kinds for things.

But....

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

There go those zippers again 👀 👀 👀 that usually bodes well for my upcoming golfing equipment options :D

I never said they were. I said that the thoughts you posted about the issues were incorrect and that like any equipment they could be for everybody since everybody plays a club at that length.

like any equipment preferences exist. So do misnomers

Saw some leaked pics of new unreleased irons this morning on Instagram.
I am now pondering those. Helllllll yeah!

Some ponders I’ve got rolling around in the ole noodle:

Def a new range finder or possibly a gps for 2021.
Arccos for 2021 - really need to be more data driven to improve.
Need something to put the Ventus hybrid shaft into.
Still curious to try a Cally Jaws wedge setup.
Same ponder as Army golf above... 🤔

Last edited:
Back