Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Clicgear 4.0 vs Bagboy Nitron
$423.69 vs $293.98 CAD (129.71 diff.)
Prices with tax and shipping

Okay this is my first time buying a pushcart, I really need some help making a final decision here. All my buddies are saying to get the clicgear (even with the steep price tag) but no one has actually had a Bag Boy. Has anyone tried both? What do you guys think? Should I bite the bullet and get the clic gear?
No experience with Bag Boy as I was in the same situation 2 months ago and decided to pull the trigger when costco was out of whatever their version was. Clicgear has been awesome and I have no regrets.

I’m currently looking to buy my first golf practice net to use in the backyard. I can afford something In the $100-$200 price range. Does anyone have any recommendations?

I was looking at the Amazon basics and the Go Sports nets recently but saw some negative reviews of the net ripping. What do you guys think?

I’m pondering building another Headcover shelf.

I’m pondering building another Headcover shelf.
Is it really a ponder if it's an honest need? If your existing shelf is full (and I'm pretty sure it is) then you need another one in order to display your remaining covers. If you can't display them then there really wasn't a point in buying them IMO.

Is it really a ponder if it's an honest need? If your existing shelf is full (and I'm pretty sure it is) then you need another one in order to display your remaining covers. If you can't display them then there really wasn't a point in buying them IMO.
They’re all three full. :ROFLMAO:

new wedges. my 56 is looking rough. i have to think after 18 months and LOTS of practice it's time. thinking about reloading md5 jaws but going raw so i can get 56x and 60x.

new wedges. my 56 is looking rough. i have to think after 18 months and LOTS of practice it's time. thinking about reloading md5 jaws but going raw so i can get 56x and 60x.
Raw is always fun.

:ROFLMAO:

So I was in the local golf shop on the weekend dreaming about new irons - I fondled the P7MC, P770, P780, ZX7, ZX5, JPX921 Forged, MP20MMC, Cobra MIM, Cobra Forged Tec, and loved the looks of almost all of them. The Taylormades really jumped at me for how attractive they are though.

Then, the very helpful salesman decided to tell me I was an idiot for even considering any of these irons given that I shoot 90-95, and should be looking more at SIM2 irons or something like that. He might have a point, but I only want to buy something that I enjoy the looks of and an inspired to hit, not something that doesn't suit my eye, so I told him that I would rather not buy irons than buy what he suggested.

So I was in the local golf shop on the weekend dreaming about new irons - I fondled the P7MC, P770, P780, ZX7, ZX5, JPX921 Forged, MP20MMC, Cobra MIM, Cobra Forged Tec, and loved the looks of almost all of them. The Taylormades really jumped at me for how attractive they are though.

Then, the very helpful salesman decided to tell me I was an idiot for even considering any of these irons given that I shoot 90-95, and should be looking more at SIM2 irons or something like that. He might have a point, but I only want to buy something that I enjoy the looks of and an inspired to hit, not something that doesn't suit my eye, so I told him that I would rather not buy irons than buy what he suggested.
Just because you play bogey golf doesn't mean you aren't suited for those irons. Maybe you add strokes from putting and chipping, or missing fairways.

Try them all, and go with what you love. Golf is game. When I play monopoly, I get to choose my favorite character piece to go around the board with.

Just because you play bogey golf doesn't mean you aren't suited for those irons. Maybe you add strokes from putting and chipping, or missing fairways.

Try them all, and go with what you love. Golf is game. When I play monopoly, I get to choose my favorite character piece to go around the board with.
This is my thinking exactly - I definitely add strokes through my short game/putting more often than my iron game so this is sort of where my desire to add some more inspiring irons come from. It seemed rather obtuse to me for him to just immediately categorize me into the 'need shovel' group.

Someone I know put two small dents in the top of his Titleist TS2 driver. He bought himself a new one to replace and is offering me the dented one for $100. What do you guys think. Would the dents have a severe negative effect on the performance of the club?

Shaft: Evenflow T-1100 6.0-S 65 G Project X

Attachments

• 3DC672E1-A85D-4F39-B564-5E1E9253B0F6.jpeg
    3DC672E1-A85D-4F39-B564-5E1E9253B0F6.jpeg
    61.7 KB · Views: 25
  • 0F301556-A232-4A4E-880F-9908BE498BD0.jpeg
    0F301556-A232-4A4E-880F-9908BE498BD0.jpeg
    46.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 08BBAC97-FF44-46B4-9C49-D94AA9C21949.jpeg
    08BBAC97-FF44-46B4-9C49-D94AA9C21949.jpeg
    49.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Pondering everything, haven’t touched a club in about 6 years...other than at Top Golf. Thinking about Radspeed irons and Callaway wedges of some sort (never owned Cobra irons or Callaway wedges); no idea on a driver, woods/hybrids. The only definite is hunting down a heel shafted SeeMore m2...basically starting from scratch equipment-wise.

Someone I know put two small dents in the top of his Titleist TS2 driver. He bought himself a new one to replace and is offering me the dented one for $100. What do you guys think. Would the dents have a severe negative effect on the performance of the club?

Performance wise I don't think it would make a difference, but I know I wouldn't be able to address the ball looking down at the crown of that club:sick:

Don’t know how it would move through the air, but saying you have a custom Titleist with turbulators might be worth it.

Long game gapping...as usual. In my last round I airmailed 2 greens with pured shots from 185-190 because I have a 170-175 club (5i) and a 195-200 club (4h) and nothing in the middle. At my home course that shot comes up a lot, either with the one long par 3 if they have the tees/pin in the right spot, OR on 2 of the 4 par 5's that are gettable with good tee shots.

I'm torn between doing the smart thing (going for a fitting) and doing the dumb thing (continuing to tinker with s*%$ and maybe fix the gap for cheap, or maybe make it worse or create another problem). What else is new? :laughing:

I’m looking to buy a golf mat to practice with in the backyard without breaking the bank. Fiberbuilt Flight Deck Golf Mat looks decent for the price. Has Anyone tried it, or would you recommend a different mat? Thanks

I’d be looking at getting the Mat alone if I end up going with the Fiberbuilt, not the practice station.

(Used my golf practice net for the first time last night and am destroying my lawn haha I’m new to golf)

Fiberbuilt Practice Station

PGA Merchandise Show

Attachments

• 09855653-4DA0-47F1-A075-D19577F17115.jpeg
    09855653-4DA0-47F1-A075-D19577F17115.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 14
  • A5495BF3-48D0-49D2-A5FE-FA7AC28C84F0.jpeg
    A5495BF3-48D0-49D2-A5FE-FA7AC28C84F0.jpeg
    27.2 KB · Views: 22
  • B674889A-8F11-4885-AB60-75FB2CE77C85.jpeg
    B674889A-8F11-4885-AB60-75FB2CE77C85.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 13
  • 7B6B4531-3BCC-4137-A93C-CB828AF042A7.jpeg
    7B6B4531-3BCC-4137-A93C-CB828AF042A7.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 57A3FFD1-D59E-41B5-A754-8A46402C3E54.jpeg
    57A3FFD1-D59E-41B5-A754-8A46402C3E54.jpeg
    130 KB · Views: 12
I’m looking to buy a golf mat to practice with in the backyard without breaking the bank. Fiberbuilt Flight Deck Golf Mat looks decent for the price. Has Anyone tried it, or would you recommend a different mat? Thanks

I’d be looking at getting the Mat alone if I end up going with the Fiberbuilt, not the practice station.

(Used my golf practice net for the first time last night and am destroying my lawn haha I’m new to golf)

have the 5x5 fiberbuilt for my basement simulator and it is much easier on the joints (wrist & elbows) than a CCE mat. It would be the same as the mat you are looking at just with a larger hitting zone and stance mat attached. If you hit it heavy you know it and if you hit down on the ball a good amount it is a nice, forgiving mat also. My only dislike is with my numbers on my GC2. I can tell when I hit down on the ball that it “eats” up the ball momentarily instead of being able to compress the ball because those fiberbuilt bristles are deep. My distances are always shorter off the mat (GC2 reading) than real life. Essentially the bristles aren’t firm enough to allow me to compress the ball down on them and instead the ball gets pressed into the bristles before coming out of them. If you’re not measuring numbers though it is a nice mat to perfect ball first contact.

The last fitting I went through was a wedge fitting for the SM8's. During that fitting, my fitter did something I've never done before, played an iron and wedges at 1/2" long. I was skeptical. But after the few rounds/range sessions I have in me, there is little doubt that the contact on my wedges is much more centered compared to the low contact on my irons. It's making me think that I either should find some spare shafts laying around and build a set to play long, or to just order my next set at that length.

The last fitting I went through was a wedge fitting for the SM8's. During that fitting, my fitter did something I've never done before, played an iron and wedges at 1/2" long. I was skeptical. But after the few rounds/range sessions I have in me, there is little doubt that the contact on my wedges is much more centered compared to the low contact on my irons. It's making me think that I either should find some spare shafts laying around and build a set to play long, or to just order my next set at that length.
Very interesting. I feel like length of clubs is something that gets overlooked or oversimplified way too often. We "address" it by changing lie angle sometimes, but I feel like length changes aren't utilized often enough.

My new iron set was ordered 1/2" short (heavier shafts to hopefully keep weighting proper). My contact has always been higher up the face and strike likes to veer towards the heel. I'm very optimistic this will be a great move for me.

it's just one. click. away.

Screenshot (69).png

Back