Official Equipment Pondering Thread

I'm not sure if shoes qualify as "equipment" but I'm definitely in the market for a pair of "modern" styled golf shoes. I love my DNAs, but after walking 36 a couple weeks back my feet HURT. I wore an old pair of FJ Freestyle the next day and my feet thanked me for it. I know there are a lot of different brands out there, but what I have found is the majority of the new age shoes are spikeless. This concerns me as I normally play early morning rounds where the grass is still damp, so I would like to find a new style pair of spiked shoes. Oh and they have to be waterproof obviously. What can THP recommend?
I just got a pair of Ecco hybrid biom 3 on Budget golf for $118 prior to shipping and taxes
Can’t beat ECCOs

well, someone beat me to them...thank goodness. I didn't need another set of irons :facepalm:
If I could ever find a like new set....oh man.

For the first time since the 2018 Grandaddy I feel the itch to find a new driver, and all it took was one horrific round.

First ones I want to spend more time with are the SIM and the Ping.

Pondering a new putter,really want a Scotty Cameron Newport. What other similar ones are around to those?
Kirkland KS-1.

:ROFLMAO:

For the first time since the 2018 Grandaddy I feel the itch to find a new driver, and all it took was one horrific round.

First ones I want to spend more time with are the SIM and the Ping.
LST is filthy.

Just had a brief one-length ponder that took me as far as the Cobra site. Never added anything to the cart though. That was scary!

Just had a brief one-length ponder that took me as far as the Cobra site. Never added anything to the cart though. That was scary!
Which heads?

No reason why you can't have a bit of fun -- although i maintain OL is insanity :ROFLMAO:

Which heads?

No reason why you can't have a bit of fun -- although i maintain OL is insanity :ROFLMAO:
Cooler heads prevailed before a serious head ponder could commence. Buying another putter is probably a better idea!

Seriously thinking about a Cleveland Huntington Beach #6 putter again. It was my first choice before I went with the Tommy Armour.

Seriously pondering a JPX 919 Tour/Forged combo set.

Its amazing what poor performances do to up the ponder game.

Driver - EPIC Flash, you are officially on notice. Actually first I need to get a couple of adapters for some new shafts to test out.

Fairways - You guys have done nothing wrong. But I keep thinking it's time for a change.

Putter - oh man, I'm going to start practicing with you more now that I have the Big Murph set up in the basement. But I'm considering adding some weights to the Spider X to play it a touch heavier. I like the alignment system they have on it. Otherwise, it's open season for that slot.

Pondering a set of the Honma TW-X forged irons with 950GH shafts.

Pondering a new putter,really want a Scotty Cameron Newport. What other similar ones are around to those?
You'll love it. Go try and hit one. Love my Newport and Newport 2.

50% trade in bonus, heaavily contemplating a new hybrid, (or toulon 🤤) .. wish the super hybrid qualified for the bonus but unfortunately they're excluded

Graphite shafts.. 99% sure on the catalyst 100s in 6.0 flex

Currently pondering a Titleist 917 D2 Driver

I need to stop

Really pondering a handheld GPS for touch tracking. I have like the minimal bushnell neo pocket item. I have a great range finder (so likely don't need the garmin z80/82), but I am really looking for graphical hole layout where i can touch the screen to identify points and not just have a listing of hazards.

Pondering whether I should go the simple approach G30, or go the G80/Sx400/Sx500) route. Not sure I need an inaccurate launch monitor but just don't really want to wear a watch when I golf.

Any recs out there?

Pondering a titleist Players 4 Sta Dry bag to replace my Titleist Hybrid 4 bag.

Really pondering a handheld GPS for touch tracking. I have like the minimal bushnell neo pocket item. I have a great range finder (so likely don't need the garmin z80/82), but I am really looking for graphical hole layout where i can touch the screen to identify points and not just have a listing of hazards.

Pondering whether I should go the simple approach G30, or go the G80/Sx400/Sx500) route. Not sure I need an inaccurate launch monitor but just don't really want to wear a watch when I golf.

Any recs out there?
I have the G8, it was on the marketplace for awhile and for no hits. I like it, it does what you need.
I had a sonocaddie for years but the Effers stopped supporting it. I really liked that one. No touch screen but gave what I needed.
I really like the sky caddie, but I am not paying a yearly membership AFTER I shell out $399 for tour product.

since I have the the U65 20* and the 4H...pondering a 785 driver and 3W.

Really wanting to pick up a 5 wood, but can't decide which one

Found in fathers garage...J40 5 wood with PX 6.0 and still sealed in the plastic

B3DA4BFA-A701-4841-9A77-8CFF80A922F9.jpeg

Back