Official Equipment Pondering Thread

since I got the trkg info for the driver, thoughts of the 17* #2 hybrid are running through my head :rolleyes:

@Jman

edit: I think adding the 17* would probably move everything else out (woods and hybrids, that is)
The hybrid is the best club in the 220 lineup. I truly believe that in the bottom of my heart.

The hybrid is the best club in the 220 lineup. I truly believe that in the bottom of my heart.

Welp. Scratch that idea... No LH

I was fitted today for a Taylormade SIM with Ventus Red shaft. Initially I guess I had a bit of sticker shock at the pricing, so I went with just the fairway wood instead of both because my Rogue is still a great driver.

Doing a bit of online research, it appears the shaft is a couple hundred dollars, and the whole club pricing is the same as what I can buy "off the rack" for (without the Ventus). Am I crazy for not pulling the trigger on this?

I was fitted today for a Taylormade SIM with Ventus Red shaft. Initially I guess I had a bit of sticker shock at the pricing, so I went with just the fairway wood instead of both because my Rogue is still a great driver.

Doing a bit of online research, it appears the shaft is a couple hundred dollars, and the whole club pricing is the same as what I can buy "off the rack" for (without the Ventus). Am I crazy for not pulling the trigger on this?

Despite the near-identical look, the “made for” Ventus Red is not the pricey version that uses Fuji’s Velocore technology. TXG did a great video testing the two on YouTube, if you’re interested.

The driver ponder is back. Mavrik SZ, SIM Max, Exotics EXS Pro. I miss the rockets I used to hit with my Flash but need less draw bias.

Despite the near-identical look, the “made for” Ventus Red is not the pricey version that uses Fuji’s Velocore technology. TXG did a great video testing the two on YouTube, if you’re interested.
I actually discovered that fact after reading a couple other threads here on THP. Either way, the shaft performed for me at the fitting, so I am going to go ahead with the order. I didn't know about the technology before I got fitted, so the fact that it may not be the exact shaft doesn't really matter to me - the performance does. Thanks for the heads up.

Found a Tensei White TM shaft with no tip locally, probably a TM made for but ponder engaged out of pure curiosity

And acquired said Tensei white

Debating whether Muira MC-501’s are too much club for my game??

Homna TW 747 3 wood might just be purchased today, the 7 wood has been pretty darn good between the 17 and 23 Super Hybrids. I might sub out the 17 deg with the 3 wood to change things up.

The TW747 19deg hybo is firmly in my bag!

Debating whether Muira MC-501’s are too much club for my game??

add these to the list along with the Miura’s. Never gamed Miura so the “lust” is winning but these below are still hanging around

620CB
BH Icon Combo Set
MP20

Pondering some Titleist T100 irons...

Pondering some Titleist T100 irons...

see below...

Got to hit a bunch of irons today in prep for club champion fitting on Thursday

Titleist MB blades- felt pure but were the most punishing of everything I tried

Mizzy MP20mb’s- Ctaper Lite 115x or Ctaper 125s+..May be my next irons!!

Titleist 620 CB- Not a massive difference between the MB’s. Perform slightly better on mishits

Miura TC-201- PURE

Miura MC 501- Better than the Titleist MB blades

Titleist T100- Probably the best all around. Right up there with the MP20 MB’s

Pretty sure they will be my next irons, just have to wait till they do fittings again over here as want to make sure they are right for me

Thinking about going back to try using a 3w again, so am looking at the Cobra Tour FWY at the moment.

Last edited:
Still a driver fitting for a new 1 or putting a new shaft in my F8.

Well, my driver shaft decided to explode into two pieces during my swing on hole #2 today. Safe to say, I'm now looking to buy a new driver.

Oh no, you mean I have to buy new golf equipment? I'm pissed!

Need to upgrade my 3-wood, which is a big bertha. It's my dad's from 20 years ago (he passed away 17 years ago), so it's hard to take it out of the bag, but I just can't hit it consistently. I struggle just getting it up in the air, and actually shy away from using it.
Any recommendations? I would like to find the easiest one to hit, and am not opposed to buying used, if it can save me some $$$, as I am sure the technology from 2-3 years ago, is way better than 20 years ago.

A custom putter. 👀

Changing my whole bag out due to disappoint with the local Mizuno dealer!:mad:
This could be expensive!😕

Might be pulling the trigger on a Ping G410 Plus with Tensei CK Orange 60. Any thoughts?

Who makes the best 3w... I hit the face off mine and buddies swear I shouldn't upgrade but technology has to advance from 2009...

Cobra speed zone hybrid, this club is a beast. Not sure on the loft need to figure out gapping. I ordered a 4 iron so the my replace my 4 hybrid

Back