Official Handicap Index - Now Part of THP - Open For Signup

Strangely I cannot register. Keep getting a "Please enter the correct CAPTCHA.
For additional help, you can visit the Customer Support area." error.

Super frustrating.

Super frustrating.

I got got that for a while too. But I used a different link and it worked. I don't know whit though?

Super frustrating.

Same happened to me, and after like 15 tries I just gave up. Anyone have any info on this?

Feels kinda cool to have the handicap become official. Sort of right on line with what I thought, but now it gives me a solid number to work on for 2015.

Here is what I got when I registered. I had no issue with the security image / captcha, but I have heard that these things are notoriously glitchy:

USHLogin2.png

When I try to join a club, this comes up:

USHMemberPack1.png

So, I'm guessing what this service does is find a local golf club for you to join (probably one they have created themselves) to comply with the official handicap requirement of belonging to a local golf club.

I'm not surprised that there is not a local USGA licensed club in my area, as I live in Canada, but the USHandicap main page and the registration confirmation e-mail I received both imply that I should be able to join a Golf Canada licensed club via this service. Perhaps their network of clubs is not that extensive in Saskatchewan. No surprise there if that is the case.

LeftySean, I get the same thing in Manitoba, absolutely no clubs populate to join.

I sent in a support request ticket yesterday, and received a prompt response this morning asking if I was attempting to join directly from the main website, or was I linking through another site. I tried off the main site yesterday to no avail, but it kicked in no problem this morning for some reason.

I have since uploaded as many scores as I can, but unfortunately they won't accept the rating/slope of my "home" course when I input it, as they say the rating is too low.... nothing I can do about it unfortunately, so that is about 90% of my scores that I am unable to enter.

LeftySean, I get the same thing in Manitoba, absolutely no clubs populate to join.

I sent in a support request ticket yesterday, and received a prompt response this morning asking if I was attempting to join directly from the main website, or was I linking through another site. I tried off the main site yesterday to no avail, but it kicked in no problem this morning for some reason.

I have since uploaded as many scores as I can, but unfortunately they won't accept the rating/slope of my "home" course when I input it, as they say the rating is too low.... nothing I can do about it unfortunately, so that is about 90% of my scores that I am unable to enter.

Hmmm, I'll give it another try, or send a support ticket in myself. I may end up in the same boat as you anyway - my home course is rated 67.1 / 111

Click account in the top right. Then Payment and Transactions. The under that there is a tab for Auto renewal. It will say when its sent to auto renew. I went to their contact us link and submitted a ticket asking to have my auto renewal cancelled. Within 15 minutes I got an email back that it was cancelled.

What is the official THP position on this? It sounded like THP no longer wanted to do business with this company because of this issue but I have not seen an alternative or an official statement.

What is the official THP position on this? It sounded like THP no longer wanted to do business with this company because of this issue but I have not seen an alternative or an official statement.

I hadn't seen or read anything like that. I renewed yesterday through THP. JB obviously would be the person to ask though.

I renewed mine last night as well. Mine didn't auto renew like some had complained about.

I am looking to sign up finally to get an official handicap. I already have a free account with US Handicap and clicked the Handicap tracking tab which brought me to a screen to view the available membership options. Is the 29.95 for 1 year and 69.95 for 3 years the deal through THP?

Signed up and excited! As a newly returning player I've been wanting to get officially handicapped and I wasn't sure what organization I wanted to go through. Having a tracker on this site makes it painless. Thank you!

Signed up and excited! As a newly returning player I've been wanting to get officially handicapped and I wasn't sure what organization I wanted to go through. Having a tracker on this site makes it painless. Thank you!

Did it put you in the group that includes the other THPers in Texas? If so, you should see #cookie, niteow03, capt.dru etc in that listing.

Did it put you in the group that includes the other THPers in Texas? If so, you should see #cookie, niteow03, capt.dru etc in that listing.
I can't tell for sure, most people have their real name showing there. I'm in the group "ARLINGTON Area #76014"

When I did mine I just searched for a local club from my zip code I believe and it put me in Arlington.

See below:

3d5ee576acab70accd25b41d4b1767df.jpg

I can't tell for sure, most people have their real name showing there. I'm in the group "ARLINGTON Area #76014"

Perfect, we are in the same group. Looking forward to meeting you soon.

I believe I am going to have to switch over to this service this season.

Just signed up! Now I'll have to wait...and wait...for snow to melt. Can't wait to start getting this HC down to a respectable level!

Sorry to repeat the post but it kind of got lost....

I am looking to sign up finally to get an official handicap. I already have a free account with US Handicap and clicked the "Handicap tracking" tab on THP which brought me to a screen to view the available membership options. Is the $29.95 for 1 year and $69.95 for 3 years the deal through THP?

Sorry to repeat the post but it kind of got lost....

I am looking to sign up finally to get an official handicap. I already have a free account with US Handicap and clicked the "Handicap tracking" tab on THP which brought me to a screen to view the available membership options. Is the $29.95 for 1 year and $69.95 for 3 years the deal through THP?

THP is just a portal to US Handicap. I pay the $29.95 for year...wasn't honestly aware of the 3 year option.

Official Handicap Index - Now Part of THP - Open For Signup

Just signed up! Now I'll have to wait...and wait...for snow to melt. Can't wait to start getting this HC down to a respectable level!

I will be doing this as well. Once the snow melts. Not going to join a course this year. So this is a great option for me. When I do it, I will need some help on how to get it done and post my scores. I'm sure when the time comes someone will help.

THP is just a portal to US Handicap. I pay the $29.95 for year...wasn't honestly aware of the 3 year option.

Oh my bad, the original post made it sound like if we went through THP somehow, there was a special price.

Yeah the 3 year option saves a good amount of money.

I need to find a way to transfer my member number I had with my old club to a new one. Bet customer service is going to need to be called.

I will be doing this as well. Once the snow melts. Not going to join a course this year. So this is a great option for me. When I do it, I will need some help on how to get it done and post my scores. I'm sure when the time comes someone will help.

It was pretty easy to put in my old scores. I can't imagine you'll need much advice once you jump in.

Well, after dropping from GCAT, I needed a new HC Index "vendor". Glad I had used US Handicap a few years ago, just renewed my membership and joined the THP group. Gotta go back to the old service and start pulling rounds for entry.

Back