Official NBA Thread

So, who wins tonight? Mavs last chance to take another one at home. I hope the queen continues to struggle...let's go for less than 8 points this time!

You have to know that the Heat will give James a lot of touches tonight so I doubt he will be held to 8 points. If the Mavs lose tonight it will be all but over. Very hard to go back to Miami and win two on their turf. The Heat have given the Mavs two wins by disappearing late in the 4th quarter but I don't think they will do that twice in Miami. I was hoping the Mavs would win this thing, but the Heat is a better team and it should end in 6 games.

Ya, I agree with Gus R here, I think LBJ goes off tonight and has a big game, and the Heat win.

Simple fix is stop calling the stupid fouls. Im sure its easier said then done but there have been some blatantly obvious non fouls called and those need to stop.

That's what irritates me the most about it. It seems the refs make the calls just to avoid the argument that would ensue if they didn't. Also, NBA refs seem scared to make controversial calls and be all over ESPN the next day getting killed. Just do your job and make the right calls!!!

Ya, I agree with Gus R here, I think LBJ goes off tonight and has a big game, and the Heat win.

No credit for me on that call??? Haha

I agree with you guys, the Mavs have never been able to stop D Wade and then add Lebron going off and it doesnt look good. Even if the Mavs win tonight Im not sure they can win two in Miami unless they get Haywood back.

No credit for me on that call??? Haha

I was too tired and lazy to go back and read earlier pages, so I just read what was on this page. I now give you your credit and an awkward bro hug.

I was too tired and lazy to go back and read earlier pages, so I just read what was on this page. I now give you your credit and an awkward bro hug.

I'm just trying to f*** with you before we lose you to the boonies for a bit.

I'm just trying to f*** with you before we lose you to the boonies for a bit.

Thanks man, the boonies suck, I won't even be able to watch tonights game I don't think.

Thanks man, the boonies suck, I won't even be able to watch tonights game I don't think.

Woahhhh. That's extreme boonies there. I consider anything 45 minutes away from the beach to be the boonies. Haha

Are you guys talking about soccer? wth is the boonies?

Boondocks- a remote rural or provincial area Sometimes shortened to the Boonies.

Boonies = the sticks

Did I ever mention that Eric "just give the ball to one of those 3 guys" Spoelstra is half Filipino? Just sayin'.

i think the artist formerly known as the Akron Hammer will have a big game tonight and all but seal the Mav's fate. Even if the Mav's remember how to shoot tonight and pull out a W, I'm not sure they'll ne able to close it out in South Beach.

We will see, but I tend to disagree. The Mavs have won 2 games without being able to hit open shots. If tonight is the night these shots start falling I think the Heat will be in a lot of trouble.

We will see, but I tend to disagree. The Mavs have won 2 games without being able to hit open shots. If tonight is the night these shots start falling I think the Heat will be in a lot of trouble.

I agree that the mav's have stolen 2 games and their shooting is bound to turn around, but I still dont seem them winning again in Miami. Especially in a clinching game.

If James does have more touches and can actually score some points, I do not see him and Wade both doing that. Also don't think the Mavs will lose 2 of 3 at home.....call me a homer and fairweather playoff basketball fan - I can admit it! ha

I hope youre right. Id love to see the Mavs just blow the Heat out of the building and give them something to think about on the plane ride home. At least something besides these guys talking about what great flop move they came up with haha

If James does have more touches and can actually score some points, I do not see him and Wade both doing that. Also don't think the Mavs will lose 2 of 3 at home.....call me a homer and fairweather playoff basketball fan - I can admit it! ha

I am a homer, but definately not a fairweather fan and I completely agree with you mcook. If they are up 3-2 I dont think they will lose 2 in a row in Miami I just done see it happening.

Shooting percentages through 4 games- Mia- FG %= 42.93%, 3-pt %= 33.05 Dal- FG %= 41.25, 3-pt %= 33.85

I think that argument can go both way. It's not as if Miami is dominating in FG %.

Do you watch the NFL, MLB, or NHL? It's prevalent in all three of those sports also. You do whatever you can to help your team out.

I do watch the NFL and the NHL, not much MLB, but it's not as obvious in the other sports, and in the NHL flopping/diving is becoming a penalty refs are calling more.

Shooting percentages through 4 games- Mia- FG %= 42.93%, 3-pt %= 33.05 Dal- FG %= 41.25, 3-pt %= 33.85

I think that argument can go both way. It's not as if Miami is dominating in FG %.

I agree if either team gets hot....watch out. Miami needs to step on the necks once they have the lead. They are not finishing well at all. I think this goes 7 to miami

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mavs will not lose 2 games at home in this series. They are one missed shot away from getting to overtime in game 3 and depending on what happens then they could be up 3-1 right now. The Heat have choked away two games or the series would have been over already 4-0 and the way I look at it they have had their chance to put the Mavs away and they blew it. You don't get a lot of second chances at this level. Once momentum shifts even a tiny bit it makes a huge difference. If you haven't noticed the Mavs have played progressively better in each game while you could argue the Heat have played about the same or even worse as the series moves along. Look for a Mav win tonight that looks more like what they did to the Lakers. This one could be a blow out. Psychologically the Mavs know they have to win this one and the Heat can just coast knowing they can head home and figuring that they will win both there so even if they are down 3-2 after tonight they won't panic. Mavs win game 7 in Miami.

About that time.....Dirk is saying this is the Mavs game 7 and Lebron saying this game is the biggest of his career.

Go MAVS....but I would prefer a non nail-biter!!

Gametime... bring the pain JJ, bring.the.pain.

Come on dirk.

Back