Official Rant of the Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't dwell too much on it though...if you can get a good nights sleep tonight you should be back to normal in the morning : )

...if you can get a good nights sleep tonight you should be back to normal in the morning : )

The joys of youth! It takes me days to get back on track if I get out of my normal sleep pattern!

If I drink way too much it takes me a few days before I feel 100%. The sleep thing I can deal with quite easily as I am used to getting only 2-3 hrs of sleep.

If my sleep pattern is thrown off it takes me days to get back on track now too. When I was younger I would bounce back right away. And forget about drinking, I drink once a month at the most and when I do I can really only have two drinks otherwise I am not feeling hot the next day.

overpriced golf clothing... 75 bucks for a pretty standard shirt? ughhh

I hate buying stuff online as I am an odd shape haha

Do what I do, refuse to watch them.
I absolutely detest award shows of any type. Why should I care what pic or actor wins an award? 3/4 of the time I think the pic that wins "Best picture" is horrible.

Oh, I never watch any of them. I didn't mind when it was just Oscars, Grammys, Emmys, and Tonys. I still didn't watch them, but at least it was just once a year. But now, you can't even avoid the deluge of ads for things like the "Independent Spirit Awards" and the "Screen Actors Guild Awards".

How insecure are these people that they need that much reassurance? I'm surprised they don't all have torn rotator cuffs from patting themselves on the back.

The path of the righteous man is beset by the inequities of lesser men...

The path of the righteous man is beset by the inequities of lesser men...

I know The Golf Channel is counting on the return of Tiger Woods for ratings, and I expect them to promote the heck out of it.

But for Pete's sake, do they have to keep showing the same Sam Jackson commercial (from his playing lessons with the pros) with the fake Sam Jackson voice dubbed at the end yelling "Eldrick Tiger Woods!". . . over and over and over and over . . . ?

I'm not asking for a moratorium on the Tiger commercials . . . just some variety.

Please?

I know The Golf Channel is counting on the return of Tiger Woods for ratings, and I expect them to promote the heck out of it.

But for Pete's sake, do they have to keep showing the same Sam Jackson commercial (from his playing lessons with the pros) with the fake Sam Jackson voice dubbed at the end yelling "Eldrick Tiger Woods!". . . over and over and over and over . . . ?

I'm not asking for a moratorium on the Tiger commercials . . . just some variety.

Please?

I found it annoying when they were billing last weeks event as Phil Mickelson taking on Padraig Harrington, if they were the only two playing that would be fine, but give the other guys some credit too.

Having UPS 's site go down with one more package ready to go out. It has been down for 20 minutes and according to them will be back up "soon".

I have a feeling I am just so stressed out right now. Out of curiosity I took two Stress tests on the internet and I was in the danger zone. I constantly find myself just bored with life and doing the same thing everyday. I don't go out on weekends much anymore.

I am just absolutely loaded with work right now, I am trying to help my mom around the house and I may possibly just get fired from work. I was supposed to go to work today but had no idea that I worked because there was no availbile time I was able to check my schedual because I was out of town all weekend and left Wednesday (when the schedual gets released for the next week). I just got loaded with 1 essay to do, 6 pages in length, 3 physics papers to finish, 3 math pages to finish, and a physics lab report all due TOMORROW. I have some cleaning to do around the house, and I am still on this forum popping in from time to time checking whats new.

I just have that feeling in my stomach that kind of makes me queesey when I think of certain things and I just don't really feel right. Down in the dumps.

Dent,
Just make sure that you set a list of priorities and go through that list. By putting them on paper, it will be a lot easier to accomplish the tasks.

Dent,
Just make sure that you set a list of priorities and go through that list. By putting them on paper, it will be a lot easier to accomplish the tasks.

So by just writing on paper what I have to do on computer here will make me do it easier?

No, but it will set priorities and a schedule.

I popped a crown recently. The dentist got it in today, but not without losing some of the porcelain. It's not a perfect fit (the crown had already been compromised), so it's giving me a headache and abrading my tongue. I was hoping it would last until the summer, but it clearly won't. Did I mention that small businesses don't have dental insurance?

Dent--I live and die by the "to do" list. Heck, if I do something in the course of the day that's not on the list, I have to write it in by hand and then cross it off.

Is...

it...

just...

me...

or...

are...

news...

scrolls...

really...

really...

slow?

Rats, rats, rats--one typo on a spreadsheet. Well, not just any spreadsheet--the one where I keep all the month-by-month accounting and marking to market for a private investment. Multiple tabs, gazillion cells, links up the ying-yang Doesn't affect values or performance, but now I have to redo all the tax numbers. Grrrr.

People that run out of the parking garage to the corner of the street and then cross the street when the "Don't Walk" sign is flashing and you are trying to turn. :angry: Watch it or I'll run your a$$ down. :at-wits-end:

People that run out of the parking garage to the corner of the street and then cross the street when the "Don't Walk" sign is flashing and you are trying to turn. :angry: Watch it or I'll run your a$$ down. :at-wits-end:

How about people talking on their cell phone in the middle of an intersection on a busy street and stopping (or slowing to a crawl) because they can't walk and talk at the same time? Completely oblivious. This country is just saturated with people who are incapable of understanding that there are other people in the world and that not everything is only about them.

How about people talking on their cell phone in the middle of an intersection on a busy street and stopping (or slowing to a crawl) because they can't walk and talk at the same time? Completely oblivious. This country is just saturated with people who are incapable of understanding that there are other people in the world and that not everything is only about them.

Those people too. If we weed them out one at a time this world would be a better place. When is open season on idiots?

There's a simple fix for the idiot who can't hold a cell to their ear while walking. It's called a bluetooth earbud. They're great for idiots who drive while on their cell phone as well (if their car isn't equipped with some bluetooth-style phone system).

I hate seeing the (insert favorite type of phone idiot here) with their phone stuck to their left ear while driving and they won't turn their head to check a blind spot before changing lanes - usually when I'm coming up alongside them. :angry:

I have this bad habbit where I want to help everyone. So that often means staying late at work or working on my day off to help a client. However, it never fails that when I go out of my way to help a client they always screw me over and are so ungrateful for all the work I have done for them. I don't understand why they can call me over and over and over again, but when I need them for something they can't be bothered. UGH!!

I have this bad habbit where I want to help everyone. So that often means staying late at work or working on my day off to help a client. However, it never fails that when I go out of my way to help a client they always screw me over and are so ungrateful for all the work I have done for them. I don't understand why they can call me over and over and over again, but when I need them for something they can't be bothered. UGH!!

I know that feeling.

I had a similar deal at work, because my line of work uses/used a military style ranking ideas had to go "up the chain." Usually somewhere along the chain someone would take credit for my work, and of course if you go straight to the top you "aren't a team player."

I just thought I would say that this thread is the first on THP with

finews0031_240x180.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back