Official Rant of the Day

What is with more and more companies adopting the business model of jacking up their rates until you call to complain when they offer a "special" discount (for a limited time)? Then the cycle repeats when the discount expires. I've been in this cycle with Comcast for years now. Then yesterday when I saw my autopay deduction for Sprint I noticed the amount had increased (had been the same every month since changing my plan over 2 years ago). Contact Sprint only to be told that my "old" plan had expired and they automatically renewed me at a higher data plan!
My old plan was shared 12GB of data (between me and my daughter) of which we had never surpassed 6GB in a month. $60 per month. The new plan they renewed me for was for shared 15GB of data at $75 per month. Why on earth would I want to pay more $$ for more data when I wasn't even using the data we had in the old plan?!
So I contact Sprint to ask why my rate went up and why I wasn't notified before it did. First they try to tell me there was a notice on the last SIX bills (which to be fair I don't get anymore since everything is auto pay). Looking at the bills on their website I see a notice only on the immediately last bill saying my plan would expire. Then the agent tells me they can switch me to a "special" plan (just for good customers like me, lol) at a rate lower then my previous $60 plan. With UNLIMITED data, lol. Why do they force me to complain to get this option? Is this just so their agents can "sell" services? I hate this business model. In the end they could have left me at the "expired" plan and made more money since I was already paying that rate to begin with!

What is with more and more companies adopting the business model of jacking up their rates until you call to complain when they offer a "special" discount (for a limited time)? Then the cycle repeats when the discount expires. I've been in this cycle with Comcast for years now. Then yesterday when I saw my autopay deduction for Sprint I noticed the amount had increased (had been the same every month since changing my plan over 2 years ago). Contact Sprint only to be told that my "old" plan had expired and they automatically renewed me at a higher data plan!
My old plan was shared 12GB of data (between me and my daughter) of which we had never surpassed 6GB in a month. $60 per month. The new plan they renewed me for was for shared 15GB of data at $75 per month. Why on earth would I want to pay more $$ for more data when I wasn't even using the data we had in the old plan?!
So I contact Sprint to ask why my rate went up and why I wasn't notified before it did. First they try to tell me there was a notice on the last SIX bills (which to be fair I don't get anymore since everything is auto pay). Looking at the bills on their website I see a notice only on the immediately last bill saying my plan would expire. Then the agent tells me they can switch me to a "special" plan (just for good customers like me, lol) at a rate lower then my previous $60 plan. With UNLIMITED data, lol. Why do they force me to complain to get this option? Is this just so their agents can "sell" services? I hate this business model. In the end they could have left me at the "expired" plan and made more money since I was already paying that rate to begin with!
It's the worst. My cable/internet provider raised my rates after 18 months despite the fact that I was "locked in" on a 2 year contract. Then they make it impossible to actually get someone on the line who knows anything that I almost gave up trying to argue with them.
It's brilliantly crooked, yet we all keep going back to the well.

Ugh, of course I get a cold sore the week before thanksgiving and just days before my sister, nephew and brother-in-law arrive.

Ever since I was a small kid I have been good for one of these a year. Now was NOT the time for it though, ugh!

L-lysine 1,000mg every day for good. Abreva on the cold sore every few hours and it'll be gone in a few days.

L-lysine 1,000mg every day for good. Abreva on the cold sore every few hours and it'll be gone in a few days.

That is exactly what I am doing, plus I went to the minute clinic today to get an anti-viral Rx too in hopes it will speed this process up. Fingers crossed it doesn't last it's normal 2 weeks.

It's not their business model, either you are just exceptional at complaing or they are scared of OBSB!!!(One Big Sumb1ch) :p

No, you are absolutely right!!

Rant: Price of buying FIVE airline tickets is....painful.
I feel that pain. I bought 9 for our family trip trip next month.

That is exactly what I am doing, plus I went to the minute clinic today to get an anti-viral Rx too in hopes it will speed this process up. Fingers crossed it doesn't last it's normal 2 weeks.
GG, have you ever had your doctor prescribe Zovirax cream? Absolute game changer with cold sores. If I notice one coming on and I immediately apply, the cold sore doesn't even "mature" and is gone within a few days (typically 3-5 for me).

GG, have you ever had your doctor prescribe Zovirax cream? Absolute game changer with cold sores. If I notice one coming on and I immediately apply, the cold sore doesn't even "mature" and is gone within a few days (typically 3-5 for me).

No, I don’t have a primary I just go to the minute clinic for minor things if they come up. She never mentioned anything about a cream. I told her I would take or do whatever I needed to get this to go away as soon as possible. I do not have time for this with Thanksgiving a week away and I am the one hosting.

I wish she would have said something, I would try that too. I will seriously try anything to make this thing go away.

No, I don’t have a primary I just go to the minute clinic for minor things if they come up. She never mentioned anything about a cream. I told her I would take or do whatever I needed to get this to go away as soon as possible. I do not have time for this with Thanksgiving a week away and I am the one hosting.

I wish she would have said something, I would try that too. I will seriously try anything to make this thing go away.
Lots of products out there for sure.... I work for an antiviral biotech company and lots of marketed treatments for cold sores both topical and oral; over the counter or prescription. Prescription is typically best to shorten outbreak; Famvir, acyclovir, valacyclovir, penicyclovir with both acyclovir and penicyclovir available in oral or topical.

Lots of products out there for sure.... I work for an antiviral biotech company and lots of marketed treatments for cold sores both topical and oral; over the counter or prescription. Prescription is typically best to shorten outbreak; Famvir, acyclovir, valacyclovir, penicyclovir with both acyclovir and penicyclovir available in oral or topical.

I got acyclovir from the NP yesterday. I am hoping between the 1000mg of Lysine, the Abreva and the acyclovir that I will get rid of this thing before thanksgiving. ??

3rd day in Calama and no sign of any work being done, they are trying but even though it has been planned for over 2 months the level of BS in these Copper mines is incredible. Leaving on Sunday is looking bad and my clubs should be back from Will P. on Monday and of course I had planned to take the week off and get some rounds in.

The NCDOT decided to shutdown 3 west bound lanes of I-40 near the airport in Raleigh tonight. Took me 45 minutes to go 5 miles! And...AND...when I got past the construction zone, I saw no constructing going on!!!?

i hate going to the minute clinic. it’s always so expensive with my crappy insurance. but my insurance does have televisits that are free. whenever i’m sick, i start a chat and they give me a prescription.

How is it that most technology gets cheaper with time, but blenders seem to be getting exponentially more expensive? I can get a computer for $300 these days, but a blender is $400? Has fruit become more durable since the 1960’s?

How is it that most technology gets cheaper with time, but blenders seem to be getting exponentially more expensive? I can get a computer for $300 these days, but a blender is $400? Has fruit become more durable since the 1960’s?

We do love our Vitamix though

We do love our Vitamix though
It’s a great blender, and used to be the high watermark. I just saw an $800 Blendtec Professional at Williams-Sonoma. These people are trying to tell me that it will blend my food $400 better than a Vitamix!?!? Does it blend the contents down to a molecular level?

It’s a great blender, and used to be the high watermark. I just saw an $800 Blendtec Professional at Williams-Sonoma. These people are trying to tell me that it will blend my food $400 better than a Vitamix!?!? Does it blend the contents down to a molecular level?

I love that store, but still prefer Vitamix to Blendtec. It’s like a cast vs forged debate

Biting my tongue is proving very difficult today!

• Haha
Reactions: JB
And that right there is why no social media for me! I have no filter and very little patience. ;)

Haha. I said the same thing to GG. I asked my father but he was busy. ?

I love that store, but still prefer Vitamix to Blendtec. It’s like a cast vs forged debate

Vitamin is da bomb! Also world headquarters about 5 minutes from our house.

Back