Official THP Event Pondering Thread

With the MN unofficial behind me, and Cure next week, KC after that, I've got Wilson and #TheGrandaddy in my sites for the future, I wish my calendar was more open, I hate when work gets in the way!!!

Well I loved Pittsburgh and am anxiously awaiting KC. I know the post event blues will hit after that.

So I ha be to get in at least one more.

Any of the below would be help delay the blues.

Wilson Prototype
Guantlet (hoping I could hold up for 54 holes in 2 days by then)
Cleveland Up and Down
Grandaddy

SaA

LOVED the Stonewall event.. wanted to attend the Savannah event but the timing was wrong! I am gunning for the Gauntlet for sure - the Wilson event has my attention as well.

I don't know what I'm pondering at the moment. I was gunning for the King and Legacy but didn't get in and now between family vacations and a new job, it's tough to fit things in my schedule the rest of the year. What's incredibly ironic is that my wife just told me last week she wants to go to disneyworld in November, so I wish the timing of that discussion was a couple months ago for the championship.

I'm very interested in the Wilson event so will see when sign ups are. I'd most likely have to cancel another vacation I have planned around that time if I got in (not d world with the family, something else), but it'd be worth it.

The Cleveland up and down might also be a possibility and tie it in with seeing my family in LA.

I don't know what I'm pondering at the moment. I was gunning for the King and Legacy but didn't get in and now between family vacations and a new job, it's tough to fit things in my schedule the rest of the year. What's incredibly ironic is that my wife just told me last week she wants to go to disneyworld in November, so I wish the timing of that discussion was a couple months ago for the championship.

I'm very interested in the Wilson event so will see when sign ups are. I'd most likely have to cancel another vacation I have planned around that time if I got in (not d world with the family, something else), but it'd be worth it.

The Cleveland up and down might also be a possibility and tie it in with seeing my family in LA.

make sure wherever you are playing is flat and dry...no more cart chasing :D

The outings were the best. Yorkem yelling 'Kong you suck' at dome random black guy putting at 7am. And him responding, how did you know I suck.

Being asked for water by some random old man.

Playing golf with Ben our tech guru.

Cooking with Wareagle two years in a row.

Freddie that is too funny dude!!!!! :laughing::rofl:

I really need to get into something this year, but I've only been OK'd to try for one so far. hopefully get through everything here this next month or so and see what I can figure out from there. I am bummed my odds of getting to an event are pretty bad right now tbh though.

With the announcement of the Cleveland up and down, along with the Gauntlet, Wilson and Grandaddy it is such a hard choice. I would like to attend 1 or 2 but who knows. So many great events to choose from makes this so tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't so much a ponder, but it's more reminicing from outings past.

JB, Hawk, another tester at the time and I got into a pretty good trash talk battle leading up to what was dubbed at the equipment testers challenge. It was getting bad, trash talking back then was NOT my thing. I sucked at it. I would get so freakin mad and one day we got on a roll....by the end of it it was determined that the match would be me and the other tester vs. JB and Hawk in a match where winners take losers drivers. More trash talk commenced and more anger on my part built up. Finally we get to the day of the match and like every match I've had with JB and Hawk we're light-hearted and having fun right away. My team falls behind early (big surprise) and my partner hits a ball into the water near the green on I think the 3rd hole. The ball is CLEARLY playable and we're down. My partner chickens out on the shot....why? Because there is a water moccasin (snake) about 3 feet from his ball. I'm telling my partner to go for it, go hit the shot man, we need this hole! JB comes over and is like dude, I'll give you the hole and another ball, do not hit that shot! WHY? So what, it's a tiny little snake. Dude, that's a Water Moccasin....those effers are poisonous and MEAN!

Long story short....my partner was a pansy and didn't hit the shot. We lost the hole....and the match. Not before a small comeback on our part....then the Rocky 4 quotes started. HE'S CUT! You see...He is a man! He's CUT!

What a great day. We lost the match.....I tried to hand over my driver, JB said I don't want that piece of shat, you can't hit it to save your ass! HAHA!

With the announcement of the Cleveland up and down, along with the Gauntlet, Wilson and Grandaddy it is such a hard choice. I would like to attend 1 or 2 but who knows. So many great events to choose from makes this so tough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually in those cases, I just apply/enter for whichever one opens next. With small enough fields, you never know when luck will strike, but I've seen too many folks wait for just one, then be crushed when they don't get their first choice.

I think Savannah is it for me this year...too many family travels needed this year eating the budget up. As of right now, I couldn't apply for the Grandaddy with a straight face given the amount of effort and lack of desire I am putting into my game.

Official THP Event Pondering Thread

JB, Hawk, another tester at the time and I got into a pretty good trash talk battle leading up to what was dubbed at the equipment testers challenge. It was getting bad, trash talking back then was NOT my thing. I sucked at it. I would get so freakin mad and one day we got on a roll....by the end of it it was determined that the match would be me and the other tester vs. JB and Hawk in a match where winners take losers drivers. More trash talk commenced and more anger on my part built up. Finally we get to the day of the match and like every match I've had with JB and Hawk we're light-hearted and having fun right away. My team falls behind early (big surprise) and my partner hits a ball into the water near the green on I think the 3rd hole. The ball is CLEARLY playable and we're down. My partner chickens out on the shot....why? Because there is a water moccasin (snake) about 3 feet from his ball. I'm telling my partner to go for it, go hit the shot man, we need this hole! JB comes over and is like dude, I'll give you the hole and another ball, do not hit that shot! WHY? So what, it's a tiny little snake. Dude, that's a Water Moccasin....those effers are poisonous and MEAN!

Long story short....my partner was a pansy and didn't hit the shot. We lost the hole....and the match. Not before a small comeback on our part....then the Rocky 4 quotes started. HE'S CUT! You see...He is a man! He's CUT!

What a great day. We lost the match.....I tried to hand over my driver, JB said I don't want that piece of shat, you can't hit it to save your ass! HAHA!

That's a great story.

That was a freaking great day of golf. I think I was -2 through 8 and then realized I stink at golf and had 3 or 4 bogeys in a row. Man, I think we need to have that match again. I mean after all, you did also try and kill me during a round of golf too. ShankinBurg McGillicutty.

My game just isn't competitive enough time wise to try one of these major events/ or any event of this type. I will do my best to contribute on the score card and with advice, but I know it just wouldn't be a huge factor now. A suggestion I made before would be a scramble format. Opening it up to a hundred or so would draw a big crowd and get more people involved. For a guy like me, these events are the best. Less pressure and we don't have to feel like we will let anyone down in the round. Also have a restaurant setup afterwards to accomodate the big crowd to even continue the fun. These small events (number wise) aren't appealing to guys that are just casual golfers like me. The bigger scramble events are my type of events now

My game just isn't competitive enough time wise to try one of these major events/ or any event of this type. I will do my best to contribute on the score card and with advice, but I know it just wouldn't be a huge factor now. A suggestion I made before would be a scramble format. Opening it up to a hundred or so would draw a big crowd and get more people involved. For a guy like me, these events are the best. Less pressure and we don't have to feel like we will let anyone down in the round. Also have a restaurant setup afterwards to accomodate the big crowd to even continue the fun. These small events (number wise) aren't appealing to guys that are just casual golfers like me. The bigger scramble events are my type of events now

It's not about the pressure, or the scores though. It's all about having fun. Anyone who's been to one of these events (even the bigger competitions) will tell you that. Some great golf is played, but the banter and friendships are #1.

The invitationals are 40+ people (I doubt they would ever get 100 people to come) and often involve scramble type formats for at least 9 holes. Also, your game is competitive enough...everyones is.

While we wont be doing any events with that many people (for a number of reasons), I urge you to check out the event threads and live update threads becuase frankly what you are asking for is already in place. Its social, its about fun, its about golf equipment and I am not sure how the number equates to casual or competitive, since many of our events have zero competition involved.

THP Events are about playing with golfers that share the same passion about the lifestyle and skill level will NEVER be an issue.
Nobody is or can host the type of events THP is hosting, and while we think get togethers with lots of people have their place, they certainly don't need THP to plan them.

I urge someone to at least read what is being hosted, the live update threads and recap threads before deciding it is not for the casual golfer. As someone that is a casual golfer, it is EXACTLY what they were planned for. Anybody that does not think #TheGrandaddy, #TheGauntlet and others are for the person that wants to have fun and enjoy the company of others, has not done a lot of research on the events.

That does not mean one should feel obligated to go, but an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime to play one of the finest courses in the world and do so with people that love the game seems like a pretty good way to spend a few days.

Totally agree with what JB is saying. My first two events were events that had no competition other than for equipment giveways that were gave everyone a fair chance to win. The first event of the year Bridgestone U was my first THP event. Thanks to a local gathering i had some insight into what to expect and not only did it live up to expectations in many ways it exceeded. Bridgestone was awesome and allowed JB to give away some drivers and wedges. All someone had to do was hit the first fairway on Sunday and a GIR on a par 3. Two rounds of golf with some awesome people.

My second event was LITTA and again a non competition and involved the SOs. We had two awesome rounds of golf and the only competition was to win a driver from Cobra which was a chance for 20 people to possibly win a driver and was dependent on both the people in the couple to perform.

These events had people of all skill levels paired with each other and no one was worried about how good or bad someone played because we had so much fun playing golf and meeting people and bonding that it was just a great time to be around really awesome people.

My first event shortly after finding THP was the Ultimate Outing and Demo Day of 2012. I had never had so much fun at a golf outing, and with total strangers. I left Grand Cypress with a bunch of new friends and a "home" of sorts on line in THP. Since then, I have tried not to miss entering a single event, and when I do am very sad because I know I am missing something special. I have learned some things that sound simple, but, surprisingly, some seem not to understand. 1. You can't get in unless you enter, and 2. Don't put all your eggs in one basket. I thought I would ease up for the remainder of the year (other than what I have already booked, KC, Sav, Disney) and just go for The Gauntlet and #Grandaddy, but, the Cleveland event looks too sweet, and I'll have a hard time passing on Wilson. Heck, there may still be Regional Rivalry!

Now that I've moved to an area with a small market airport, logistics and cost have become more difficult. But, I believe that if you can plan far enough in advance, that can be mitigated. Sign-ups are generally months in advance of the events.

JB said it right. I got my 1st event in (LiiTA) the only competition was me vs the course as it should be. Playing with the other THP'rs was all about fun together.

These last few posts really really impressed me. This year is just bad for everything (hobby wise). I'm going to do all I can to play in one of these once things settle down a bit.

This sounds what golf is all about for me now.

Thanks for hosting these

Do you guys sell mulligans at these? And , if not do you allow a group to drop a few balls here and there if you hit a bad one?

You can play as many balls as you like and are encouraged to do so...lol

I honestly can't wait to get to one of these events. I had planned on attending Cured but had a family event come up that I have to go to. So excited to try my hand at getting in the guantlet and granddaddy.

I honestly can't wait to get to one of these events. I had planned on attending Cured but had a family event come up that I have to go to. So excited to try my hand at getting in the guantlet and granddaddy.

Ya brother you are due for an event. You and Spangler both

Ya brother you are due for an event. You and Spangler both
I'm on here everyday with my new job trying to figure out which ones to set aside money for. I'm trying to finagle my way out of this family golf outing on the 27th and see if the Cure still has openings.

Back