Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

Better than Virtues in your opinion? High praise, if so.

I don’t consider Nashport (where Virtues is) to be the “extended Columbus market”, given it’s an additional 20-30 minutes outside of the city, but Virtues is the better course.

If I’m extending the net that far, I’d say Virtues is #1 followed by Denison at #2. Deleware probably #3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t consider Nashport (where Virtues is) to be the “extended Columbus market”, given it’s an additional 20-30 minutes outside of the city, but Virtues is the better course.

If I’m extending the net that far, I’d say Virtues is #1 followed by Denison at #2. Deleware probably #3.

Gotcha. I grew up there so I consider Granville and Nashport/Hanover to be the same area. But your description makes sense. Might have to pickup this deal and try to play Virtues and Denison on the same day, or at least the same weekend.

Gotcha. I grew up there so I consider Granville and Nashport/Hanover to be the same area. But your description makes sense. Might have to pickup this deal and try to play Virtues and Denison on the same day, or at least the same weekend.

For sure, I live right in the downtown area so I have my own weird definition of “extended Columbus” haha. Pretty much whatever is a 40ish minute drive in any direction (Darby Creek to the West, Delaware to the North, Cooks Creek to the South, Denison to the East). Virtues trumps them all, but is a bit over an hour for me. Those 4 courses named round out #2-5 for me.

Playing Virtues and Denison in one day/weekend is a hell of a solid plan.

Crap man. I’m so sorry had a pretty eventful day and was literally just catching up. I’m so so so sorry and would be happy to welcome anyone! We have room if you see this......

We currently have two full foursomes and a twosome I believe. Unless someone doesn’t show....

No worries. Will catch you guys the next time you go out!

Columbus area guys, Denison Golf Course is currently on GroupGolfer. $29 for 18 and a cart, valid through November.

Conveniently I’m playing there on Sunday, so works out well for me.

Nice course?

Well, change of plans for tomorrow. Realized that the Denison voucher from GG won’t be released before my round tomorrow...so, going to delay playing there until later in the season.

Going to play 18 at Virtues tomorrow instead. I am right in the middle of a few big swing changes (only two Trackman sessions to groove them thus far), so not exactly optimal timing, but I’m always pumped to play that course.

Well, change of plans for tomorrow. Realized that the Denison voucher from GG won’t be released before my round tomorrow...so, going to delay playing there until later in the season.

Going to play 18 at Virtues tomorrow instead. I am right in the middle of a few big swing changes (only two Trackman sessions to groove them thus far), so not exactly optimal timing, but I’m always pumped to play that course.

I really need to get there someday

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

I'm going to be in the Middleburg Heights area of Cleveland next week and may have some time to squeeze in a round of golf in on Tuesday or Wednesday around noon, weather permitting. Are there any courses you'd recommend that are in a 10 mile or so radius?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Shout out to @pkorf for being my tour guide this week. What a freaking blast we had in OH with 8 THPers playing a great golf course, getting new clubs, etc.
Thanks Ohio. Out tomorrow morning, but will be back.

I'm going to be in the Middleburg Heights area of Cleveland next week and may have some time to squeeze in a round of golf in on Tuesday or Wednesday around noon, weather permitting. Are there any courses you'd recommend that are in a 10 mile or so radius?

I literally live 10 mins from there. Let me know when your thinking and I’ll see what I can do

Shout out to @pkorf for being my tour guide this week. What a freaking blast we had in OH with 8 THPers playing a great golf course, getting new clubs, etc.

You’re one of us now. not sure I could have had a better time bragging about my town and surrounding area with a better group of guys. Enjoyed Thursday immensely and was more than glad to help out in any way I could to make it a bit easier on everyone else.

You’re one of us now. not sure I could have had a better time bragging about my town and surrounding area with a better group of guys. Enjoyed Thursday immensely and was more than glad to help out in any way I could to make it a bit easier on everyone else.

That sounds scary.
But seriously that was an absolute blast.

Well done bro. Way to do our city/state proud! #Ohiotopia

That sounds scary.
But seriously that was an absolute blast.

Agreed I really enjoyed just hanging out and chatting honestly...kinda nice and relaxing

Sorry I missed you guys, you were literally in my back yard! Followed along on the Live update and it looked like it was a blast.

I literally live 10 mins from there. Let me know when your thinking and I’ll see what I can do

Hey Paul,

Thanks man! My best day looks to be Wednesday but the weather forecast isn't that great. Why don't I touch base in the morning and we can take a look at the Wednesday forecast then.

I know this isnt my neck of the woods, but we've been kicking around the idea of a Michigan v. Ohio outing for 2020. Everything is VERY early in the planning stages, so this is just to gauge preliminary interest in such an event.

Thank gents.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I know this isnt my neck of the woods, but we've been kicking around the idea of a Michigan v. Ohio outing for 2020. Everything is VERY early in the planning stages, so this is just to gauge preliminary interest in such an event.

Thank gents.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I would be down for that, assuming my schedule would line up.

Michigan has a nice 1/2 punch of Arcadia Bluffs and Forest Dunes, just sucks they are so far North. I'm sure there are other options, too.

Ohio has a nice 1/2 punch with The Virtues and either Eagle Sticks or Denison (Columbus area), or plenty of courses to chose from in the Cleveland area.

Assuming I can make it, I'll wear my Buckeye colors.

shale creek - 17 miles
Sleepy hollow - 16 miles
Pine hills - 7 miles
Mastick woods 5 miles
Royal Crest 5 miles

@KYGolfer, @OhioGolfer, & myself are gonna be playing in the Cincinnati area Friday Aug 23rd if anyone wants to join us. We haven’t nailed down a course yet so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to offer them up

@KYGolfer, @OhioGolfer, & myself are gonna be playing in the Cincinnati area Friday Aug 23rd if anyone wants to join us. We haven’t nailed down a course yet so if anyone has any suggestions feel free to offer them up

Damn, I head out of town that day or I would join you. As for a course, there's Stonelick Hills and then everything else.

Back