Ohio, Indiana & Surrounding Area chat thread

http://www.cigl.org/

Any golfers in the cleveland-Akron area looking to play in a Travel Saturday league?. I am currently in this league but am looking to break away from my team and put my own team in. 6 guys play each week in matches, but because of vacations and other commitments I will need to carry 10 to 14 players on the roster. I currently have 6 solid commitments to play but obviously need a few more. I am looking for guys who could play at least 6 weeks to be eligible to play in the playoffs if we make it. I have included the website to the league so you can look around and see what courses we play and what the competition looks like. HDCP's range from a +1 to a 25. Let me know if you would be interested in playing.

thanks
Joe
I didn't see the cost anywhere. How much is the league? Are greens fees separate? Does everyone ride carts, or can I walk?

I didn't see the cost anywhere. How much is the league? Are greens fees separate? Does everyone ride carts, or can I walk?

The league fee ends up being around $60 depending on how many I get on the team. You pay greens fee each week and you can walk or ride. Several of us like to walk most of the time. There is a $5 skin pot each week and then they also have what is called "open" events where there are no matches played but different games played. These Open events do count toward your HDCP and count toward being playoff eligible.

Smiter -- Sorry i can't join you but we played Tbird South last week. The conditions were very good. You should enjoy it. We played early Monday afternoon and easily finished 18 in under four hours. BTW -- good luck to the munchkin

For those of you in central Ohio, played Cooks Creek today and wow has it gone downhill. Probably some of the worst conditions I've seen in quite some time. From what used to be a top 5 course in central Ohio to one that I very likely will never play again.

For those of you in central Ohio, played Cooks Creek today and wow has it gone downhill. Probably some of the worst conditions I've seen in quite some time. From what used to be a top 5 course in central Ohio to one that I very likely will never play again.
Did it change ownership again? I thought John Cook had a hand in buying it back and helped to restore it to better conditions in the last few years. Did they just give up on it?

Did it change ownership again? I thought John Cook had a hand in buying it back and helped to restore it to better conditions in the last few years. Did they just give up on it?
Not 100% sure if he still owns it or not, but there were only 4 or 5 tee boxes with grass on them. Most of the green complexes were either fried, diseased or dead. Was really disheartening.

Not 100% sure if he still owns it or not, but there were only 4 or 5 tee boxes with grass on them. Most of the green complexes were either fried, diseased or dead. Was really disheartening.
I just went on GolfNow and read the reviews over the last couple of months. Absolutely everyone trashed the condition of the course. I've only played there once a couple of years ago. I recall hearing it was crap after it became Raintree South but there were some efforts to get it back into shape when it regained the Cook's Creek name. Too bad.

I just went on GolfNow and read the reviews over the last couple of months. Absolutely everyone trashed the condition of the course. I've only played there once a couple of years ago. I recall hearing it was crap after it became Raintree South but there were some efforts to get it back into shape when it regained the Cook's Creek name. Too bad.
I heard the same exact thing, however I can tell you in the 4 years since he purchased it back-- I don't know that there's been much of anything spent on it. I wish I would have taken some pictures of the tee boxes... they were horrid. The frustrating part is that the course has a pretty solid layout, with some nice elevation changes and it really could be one of the top courses around here.

I made the mistake, back when Cooks Creek was a top local course, of tackling it from the tips in 40 mph winds.

I didn’t like that course then, I’m sad to see it go, but that was a brutal day.

Every long hole was into the wind. Ouch.

Last call to pick up a 4th for 2:20 at Thunderbird North. Playing is my kid (3ish HC) prepping for state qualifier, me (16ish HC), and my cousin (whatever the USGA max is, but plays fast and has fun).

I promise nothing other than a fun time.

The league fee ends up being around $60 depending on how many I get on the team. You pay greens fee each week and you can walk or ride. Several of us like to walk most of the time. There is a $5 skin pot each week and then they also have what is called "open" events where there are no matches played but different games played. These Open events do count toward your HDCP and count toward being playoff eligible.
Fees
Entry fee to the league is $50 per player and $200 per team. Most teams are
sponsored but some teams are sponsored by the players on the team dividing the fee
equally. All greens fees are payed by the individual player.

We do have a sponsor locked in for next year who will be Lock 15 Brewing Company. So each person will pay between $40 and $50 for league dues. If you are looking to play some competitive golf following the rules(no rolling or gimmies in this league) then this is your league!

Fees
sponsored but some teams are sponsored by the players on the team dividing the fee

We do have a sponsor locked in for next year who will be Lock 15 Brewing Company. So each person will pay between $40 and $50 for league dues. If you are looking to play some competitive golf following the rules(no rolling or gimmies in this league) then this is your league!

I'm thinking seriously about it.

Fees

Where does the league center around? What courses are played?

Also can a single join a team or do I need to come up with 4 people to enter?

Here is the website https://www.cigl.org/
You can see which courses are played. But it is mainly the Cleveland /Akron area. I need about 12 players on my team. So I am looking for a few players.

That would be awesome! It is a great way to get out to a bunch of different courses in the area and play competitively. It is a HDCP league so it does make the matches very competitive and fun. It is a very well run league.

Here are the courses played this year. Next year will have a lot of the same courses but a few different ones should be in there.

1 - Seven Hills
Apr 18 l Open 1
2 - Ashland
Apr 25 l Open 2
3 - Gleneagles
May 2 l Open 3
4 - Mohican
May 9 l Match 1
5 - Turkeyfoot
May 16 l Match 2
6 - Sugarbush
May 23 l Match 3
7 - Windmill Lakes
May 30 l Match 4
8 - Brookledge
Jun 6 l Match 5
9 - Eagle Creek
Jun 13 l Match 6
10 - Good Park
Jun 20 l Open 4
11 - Grey Hawk
Jun 27 l Match 7
Off - July 4th Holiday
12 - Ashland

Jul 11 l Match 8
13 - Manakiki
Jul 18 l Match 9
14 - Raintree
Jul 25 l Match 10
15 - Kennsingston
Aug 1 l Match 11
16 - Valley of Eagles
Aug 8 l Match 12
17 - Sanctuary
Aug 15 l Open 5
18 - Windmill
Aug 22 l Match 13
19 - Grey Hawk
Aug 29 l Playoffs-1
Off - Labor Day
Sep 5
20 - Ashland
Sep 12 l Semifinals
21 - Brookledge
Sep 19 l Finals-Fun

Here is the link to the rules and bylaws if you want to take a look. I am having trouble remembering faces with your screen names so I am not sure how old you guys are, but there is a possibility that you could be eligible to play forward tees. There is a formula for it
Players may designate to play front tees if the sum of their current age (current year minus birth year e.g. 2020 – 1956 = 64) plus rounded handicap index meets a minimum of value of 80.
If any one of you is seriously interested please shoot me a private message so i can get your contact information. I live in Stow and so does one of our other players, and we also have a guy in Cuyahoga falls and one in Twinsburg. So car pooling is a possibility on some of these courses that are a little further out, like Ashland, Mohican and Eagle Creek etc...

Here is the link to the rules and bylaws if you want to take a look. I am having trouble remembering faces with your screen names so I am not sure how old you guys are, but there is a possibility that you could be eligible to play forward tees. There is a formula for it
Players may designate to play front tees if the sum of their current age (current year minus birth year e.g. 2020 – 1956 = 64) plus rounded handicap index meets a minimum of value of 80.
If any one of you is seriously interested please shoot me a private message so i can get your contact information. I live in Stow and so does one of our other players, and we also have a guy in Cuyahoga falls and one in Twinsburg. So car pooling is a possibility on some of these courses that are a little further out, like Ashland, Mohican and Eagle Creek etc...

I might've missed it - how many players from one team play each week? Do you need 12 guys because of summer vacations, etc?

TheGrint Tour is legit.

Played at The Golf Club of Dublin this morning in the Columbus Cup. Was really well ran and had a blast in my group. Everyone was very evenly matched in the various flights. I am pumped to play in some of the Tour events they are bringing to Ohio in 2021.

Whoever isn’t on the Grint come join and let’s play some tournaments!

TheGrint Tour is legit.

Played at The Golf Club of Dublin this morning in the Columbus Cup. Was really well ran and had a blast in my group. Everyone was very evenly matched in the various flights. I am pumped to play in some of the Tour events they are bringing to Ohio in 2021.

Whoever isn’t on the Grint come join and let’s play some tournaments!

Good to hear, I thought they were playing at Bent Tree?

Good to hear, I thought they were playing at Bent Tree?

They switched it when they found out that Bent Tree recently had aerated. Pretty cool that they switched and to a way better course! I met the GrintTour director and then the Ohio Commish and they were great guys.

They switched it when they found out that Bent Tree recently had aerated. Pretty cool that they switched and to a way better course! I met the GrintTour director and then the Ohio Commish and they were great guys.
awesome change up! I will definitely play these in 2021. Especially if they are in that area or up here in NEO.

awesome change up! I will definitely play these in 2021. Especially if they are in that area or up here in NEO.

Heck yeah! Wait until they announce your name on the first tee. . Pretty awesome.

I might've missed it - how many players from one team play each week? Do you need 12 guys because of summer vacations, etc?

6 guys(or girls) play each week. if you can get 3 or 4 that want to play a lot of weeks you don't really need to have that many on the roster. But with vacations and stuff you at least need 8-10. As of right now there are 3 of us who will play a lot of weeks, but would love to have a couple more. I have 3 more who can play at least 6 weeks but can't really commit to much more than that at this time.

Back