One Ball for Entire Year?

Only one ball? Not a chance.

One type of ball yes. I plan on playing the ProV1x all year after the success and consistency I had in 2019.

I think that I could even considering I liked to test different balls. And if so it would probably be the Bridgestone Tour B XS or maybe the RXS. Either one would be fine with me.

maybe a putt putt on the course defently not i would loose it of the tee or in the water lol

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

This is a great thread, because I just asked this question to over 100 golfers at a rather affluent country club and the results were really interesting.

Outside of playing a random ball they found, over 70% of them play the same ball every single round. I was shocked by that.

Yes. In theory I could play a single ball for a year. E12 soft is a leading candidate. However I loose enough balls that I end up playing the “found” balls often.

I would love to, but odds are I would lose it at some point and not be able to golf! Lol

seriously though, I have and will this year. There is something to be said for consistency on the one piece of equipment you use on every shot.

i’ll be using a new ball for 2020 that’s yet to be released.

Last edited:
I'm going to try to this season. I've still got a dozen and a half of the ERC TT and a dozen Truvis (I'll start the season with those) but after that, I'm going to stick with the Srixon Z-Stars for as long as possible.

I will say that after doing a ball fitting with Titleist, if I do switch it will probably be to the ProV1X. I've always been a Prov1 fan but seeing the numbers and how the X was a better fit for my swing made me a believer.

Oh yeah. I plan for that right now.

Current plan, Cushing Tiger logo'd Srixon Zstars.

But, I'm eyeing you and your bold talk Bridgestone.

Sure. Whatever is decently cheap and Orange. I usually find what I want to play very early, and don't switch at all during the year.

I haven't played a higher end ball for years, and would rather spend the cash on golf than on balls.

Wouldn't bother me, I think I'd roll with duo optix or something that's brightly colored and economical

yes i could, but i do like to experiment a bit.

smarter people than i am say you should play the same ball all the time so you can have the necessary experience to know the result that a particular shot will yield.

i would 100% happy to play the new ball callaway is releasing. it’s a fantastic ball.

Oh yeah, I could be just fine and dandy playing one model all year.

I'd have no problem playing the same ball. If I find one I like I'll stick with it for quite awhile. It's probably the spot I've tinkered with the least.

If you mean brand I’d say yes. If you mean just 1 ball I’d be lucky to make 1 round. Currently it would be ProV1.

I would prefer to if I found the right ball, but I kind of enjoy trying all of the new balls that are hitting the market.

My plan was to finally do that this year, with the ProV1. But then there is all this talk of the new Bridgestone balls, plus the chatter from the Grandaddy about the upgraded Calloway release. We will see if I make it without trying new tech.

Thats the plan, yellow pro v1. But i will test new Bridgestone and AVX and play whatever I like the best

Yes, I could. But, I won’t.

Absolutely. I could game this CSX TT for a full year with no issue. Especially since winter has been mild thus far.

love the z-stars...I could definitely see myself playing these for the year.

No doubt I’d lose it. one of my goals for a round is to not lose a ball... hasn’t happened yet ?

I probably could, and I had planned to game only TP5 this year, but I found a few ProV1’s in my bag and an awesome deal on Chrome Soft... so we’ll see.

Back