One ball or multiple?

fishymehta

Ahh... life is good
Reaction score
Handicap
14.0 OOB
Hey guys, I have a question...

Do you only stick to one ball (outside of testing others), or do you switch between multiple balls?

If use multiple balls, which ones, and why?

Personally, I use the Penta TP and Srixon Z-star primarily, with the occasional Pro V1x

Only when I run out and am too cheap or lazy to buy some.

Edit to say: I will play a cheaper ball if my game is sucking and I lose a couple good ones.

I try to stick with a primary ball but if I'm not playing well I'll change....sometimes a little thing like that can help get me out of a funk

Only when I run out and am too cheap or lazy to buy some.

Edit to say: I will play a cheaper ball if my game is sucking and I lose a couple good ones.

LOL same here... no point in wasting $40 Pentas if I'm going to lose 4 in a round...

well i was always a pro v 1 guy.i then went to the pro v 1 x but of late i've started chopping and changing.i went to the srixons first both the z star and the other one(can't remember) and now i've started using the penta's.i have just bought a sleeve of pro v 1 x's again so maybe i'll be sticking to them.

I primarily play the penta, but will switch to the prov1x on windy and/or wet days.

I usually have one regular ball and one that flies lower to use in the wind so I don't have to make as much of an adjustment to my swing to keep the ball down. Used to be TM Black for all the time and TM Red for wind play which was perfect until TM quit making the Reds. Trying to make the full time ball the Penta but I am still experimenting with wind balls to replace the Red.

I go back and forth between the ProV1X and the Nike One Tour, but I'll be looking at the B330S this weekend.

I switch between balls depending on how I'm rolling that day. X3, 330-RX, Penta and Vapour Speed all get regular play though. X3 being my favorite of the lot and my go to.

Same as Hawk. If I lose more than 2 in a round I'll go ahead and start playing found balls. My bag is set up with nice balls in one pocket and crap balls in another for this reason. :sad:

Multiple when water is involved!!

Depends on the round. I'll start with a penta/Prov1 but if I can't get anything going I'll just switch to any crap ball.

Same as Hawk. If I lose more than 2 in a round I'll go ahead and start playing found balls. My bag is set up with nice balls in one pocket and crap balls in another for this reason. :sad:

Same for me

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

I usually stick with one ball. I practice with a bunch of different beat up tour balls though

---
- Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

I tested the Vision golf balls and the different balls shave different tendencies for me, so I might switch depending on the course, conditions or how I'm (not) striking it...

I tend to use Penta TP but being trying out Pro V1 and V1x too. I usually keep a cheap Srixion Distance ball for holes where I am notorious for losing some!

I have the same set-up! Generally put my Pro V1x's and Pentas in one pocket, and my <$30 balls in another, along with found balls.

I try to play 1 ball and stick with it. That way I know exactly what the ball will do in a given situation.

I try to play 1 ball and stick with it. That way I know exactly what the ball will do in a given situation.

Which I could.. but I'm trying to pick a favorite between the Z-Star and Penta. Somedays it's one, somedays it's the other

I'm a cheapass when it comes to balls, so when my current supply of preferred ball nears its end I usually start grabbing all the ball deals I can get and rotate them in during rounds to pick my new ball. Even then, you can still usually find me playing a couple different balls every round. Right now I'm still rotating in the Gamer V2 on par 5's because of the extra distance I get over the Pro V1.

I play the same ball most of the time, but I do have two choices when it comes to balls. I was live fit for these balls, so I'm sticking with them.

I play whatever ball is in my bag. I usually give the balls I refuse to play to my playing partners, theyll play anything.

I try to stick with a primary ball but if I'm not playing well I'll change....sometimes a little thing like that can help get me out of a funk

I do exactly this. Also depends on sales. :pirate:

Back