Did my new vokeys last night
6692029de81e361c434adbb23d902977.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used a tool with a fine point to scrape it out.
ok dang that would take a LONG time. The person who had it before me paint filled the face of the metal-x insert. Looks like I have some work ahead of me then.

Oof. I've also had luck with the metal/wire end of a golf brush and nail polish remover

ok dang that would take a LONG time. The person who had it before me paint filled the face of the metal-x insert. Looks like I have some work ahead of me then.

Wait what??? Show a picture?

I use a set of dental picks for my hard to remove paint fill. Perfect for getting into hard to reach areas on lettering or logos.

Not the greatest pic dan. But here is what I'm trying to remove. The red odyssey symbol was gold but the gold came of very easily.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Not the greatest pic dan. But here is what I'm trying to remove. The red odyssey symbol was golf but the golf came of very easily.

Oh man, why would someone do that?! I'd reach out to Odyssey and ask how resilient their insert is.

If it can handle it, I use citristrip on any paint I need to remove and it works incredibly well - You just have to make sure whatever is underneath the paint is resilient enough to not get eaten by the product you're using.

Oh man, why would someone do that?! I'd reach out to Odyssey and ask how resilient their insert is.

If it can handle it, I use citristrip on any paint I need to remove and it works incredibly well - You just have to make sure whatever is underneath the paint is resilient enough to not get eaten by the product you're using.

Ok ill have to reach out to them. I'm trying to strip it down fully as the club has a black shaft already so i am planning of keeping everything black except the grip (Lamkin I-line after talking to you about them) and then a matching blue paint fill for the sight lines.

Ok so I bought an Odyssey metal-X #9 that had been paint filled in purple and gold. Th gold paint came off with paint thinner but the purplpe will notcome off. Is there anything special you guys use to get out the paint other than paint thinner q-tips and cotton balls????
Apply Citristrip and let it sit one the paint for a long time, like over night. The paint comes off easily after that. I was able to get some stubborn paint off with that technique and some very gentle brushing with an old tooth brush.

edit: I caught up to the rest of the thread. As Dan says, beware the insert.

Well, i saw a few Works on ebay that claimed to be tour built, one with a blue insert, and one with a red. Dunno the validity of that, but some people just like color.
Hell, if it was an option from Odyssey, I'd snag the insert in a color. But I like color. Some people don't. To each his own!
My first thought was also on how the insert will face with harsh solvents. For example, Acetone will destroy PVC....

Not the greatest pic dan. But here is what I'm trying to remove. The red odyssey symbol was gold but the gold came of very easily.

Looks really cool IMO

I think I saw a few Titleist 712's that were done.. any have some pics of those? I want to do my 714 CB/MB combo's.. but they are so pretty already. I hate to take a step backwards..

Been looking through this thread and really want to give it a try on some of my clubs. Already have the testors paint as I do model cars. Just trying to decide colors

If I were to do a paint fill to my scor wedges would I need to do anything to the club first? And if I were to paint my see more would I need to take the red paint off first? Same with the white on the numbers on my amp cell irons?

If I were to do a paint fill to my scor wedges would I need to do anything to the club first? And if I were to paint my see more would I need to take the red paint off first? Same with the white on the numbers on my amp cell irons?
Removing the paint makes it look cleaner after the fill plus stick better. I've done it both ways but prefer to remove old first.

Removing the paint makes it look cleaner after the fill plus stick better. I've done it both ways but prefer to remove old first.
Will nail polish remover work to take the paint off

Acetone or non acetone. I'll probably just try it out in an old club and see what happens

I'd encourage you to remove the paint first and clean the head. Best way (in my opinion) to remove paint is citristrip (and some patience).

If you're going to do quite a bit of paint filling, you might want to look into a sealant as well. Not sure how well testors will stay in the numbers of irons with all that turf interaction.

Just attempted to take the white paint off of the number on my amp cell iron(if it even comes off) and it is not coming off at all. Might have to look into that citristrip stuff

Just attempted to take the white paint off of the number on my amp cell iron(if it even comes off) and it is not coming off at all. Might have to look into that citristrip stuff

It'll impress with how it lifts the paint. It's basically a paste (kind of like pudding really) that you apply and just let sit for a while. Just have to be careful with any softer finishes like PVD on putters etc.

Back