Got an idea of how I'm going to paint fill the new sticks... Can't wait.

It'll impress with how it lifts the paint. It's basically a paste (kind of like pudding really) that you apply and just let sit for a while. Just have to be careful with any softer finishes like PVD on putters etc.
And...and take extra care you have something nonporous underneath and extended well around your work area. Speak from bad experience of not taking enough precaution with that. The littlest bit that gets on any surface and left, will deface said surface in some form or another. It is strong.

Edit: Sorry Dan...quoted wrong post...meant to grab this one

Just attempted to take the white paint off of the number on my amp cell iron(if it even comes off) and it is not coming off at all. Might have to look into that citristrip stuff

I tried the green version of klean strip paint thinner and it did absolutely nothing as far as removing the original paint. Citri-strip gel is up next!

Dev,

Did you ever get this done? I'd like to fill in the alignment line on mine. How did it work out?

Has anyone paintfiled a SC GoLo? Specifically the alignment line. Its black and I kinda want to change it to make it a little more noticeable. Should I strip out the black?

This is my first attempt at paint fill:

I used 100% acetone finger nail polish remover and a needle to remove the blue paint. It took some digging to get it all out. I then tried red Testors paint and toothpicks to fill it back in but I could not control the amount of paint going into the grooves and they were small and I ended up just covering the area. I let the paint dry for a few hours and then tried using the acetone to clean it up while trying to keep it out of the black paint areas. That is easier said than done so I ended up masking off the black areas. I never could figure out a way to get just the excess paint off. Just keep removing it all pretty much. Same with the swirl on the face. Masked it off to keep paint out of the mesh but never could keep any paint in the swirl. So I cleaned it all out and found a Sharpie oil based paint pen with an extra fine point. Much better results this time. I also switched the clean-up to non acetone polish remover and things worked out much better with that.

Next up will be changing over my Metal X Milled 2-Ball to red paint fill. If I can find someone who's done it already and can tell me what to remove the existing yellow paint without harming the black finish, then I'l get it started. Anyone done it and know for sure?

This is my first attempt at paint fill:

I used 100% acetone finger nail polish remover and a needle to remove the blue paint. It took some digging to get it all out. I then tried red Testors paint and toothpicks to fill it back in but I could not control the amount of paint going into the grooves and they were small and I ended up just covering the area. I let the paint dry for a few hours and then tried using the acetone to clean it up while trying to keep it out of the black paint areas. That is easier said than done so I ended up masking off the black areas. I never could figure out a way to get just the excess paint off. Just keep removing it all pretty much. Same with the swirl on the face. Masked it off to keep paint out of the mesh but never could keep any paint in the swirl. So I cleaned it all out and found a Sharpie oil based paint pen with an extra fine point. Much better results this time. I also switched the clean-up to non acetone polish remover and things worked out much better with that.

Next up will be changing over my Metal X Milled 2-Ball to red paint fill. If I can find someone who's done it already and can tell me what to remove the existing yellow paint without harming the black finish, then I'l get it started. Anyone done it and know for sure?

Looks good! One trick I learned, if you're using a toothpick for paint fill, it's ok if it overflows out of the area you're trying to fill. Just immediately wipe over it (very lightly) with a Kleenex dipped in acetone. The excess paint is removed, and the paint fill in the grooves stays in place. Trick is to run the Kleenex lightly, so as not to remove the paint you want in the grooves. I've done quite a few different clubs this way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c985c25d2f4aa54cf6f304a88943ebda.jpg

a5889055ee4795312e3b619582589779.jpg

Finished my irons and wedges today.

And citri strip is key to get the old paint off. I tried an aerosol paint stripper and it did nothing. Citri strip left on over night then a needle to get the rest worked well.

Enamel paint and epoxy afterwards to make sure it lasts.

Looking good.

I like the irons! Good job man!

My "Masters/THP" J40's

1ccba484696e75dc336c9b97a1f586f2.jpg

076e1d06692ec50f4ab2b9e05537a7e4.jpg

00c321b47ac488cd0a230257719de14f.jpg

Thanks again to Doug-J4U!!

Decided I'm going to keep the stock grips on the J15 MB's so for paintfill decided I'd go with a little Augusta theme. These are gunna have to sit awhile to dry.

e92285eba1da9a5e042a899dbbd55f71.jpg

Decided I'm going to keep the stock grips on the J15 MB's so for paintfill decided I'd go with a little Augusta theme. These are gunna have to sit awhile to dry.

Have to redo the B's tonight. Going to get a finer tip brush or try a tooth brush, but really happy with how "forged" came out.

cebdbaf919682fe1dcfb12dcd4613ae7.jpg

Looks awesome. I just did the same thing with my mFGP.

And I just did my first experiment with paint fill bottles as opposed to brushes. Wow, what a difference, and done in half the time. I can't wait for the rest of the bottles I ordered to show up!

What are you guys using for the larger voids/engravings to get the paint in there? I've generally just used a toothpick, but thinking that may not be sufficient for the 'H' on the back of my Hopkins...

Looks awesome. I just did the same thing with my mFGP.

And I just did my first experiment with paint fill bottles as opposed to brushes. Wow, what a difference, and done in half the time. I can't wait for the rest of the bottles I ordered to show up!

What are you using bottle-wise?

What are you using bottle-wise?
I'll take pics when I get home, but the bottles I have now have needle attachments that go on top of the plastic nozzle. The new bottles I have ordered have the thinner metal nozzle actually attached to the cap.

The ones I have now are a PITA, but they work so much better than brushes. The paint comes out so much cleaner and smoother, aside from the few little bubbles I got in my first try. I'm sure it'll get better with practice.

I think filling the "B" would be sort of like doing the RST on a SeeMore. When I did mine, I dipped a toothpick in the paint and let it drip in the area I wanted in then spread it around a little. Once I had enough in there to cover the entire area, I let it dry. The only bad part is that if you get some outside of the intended area, it is very tedious work to get it looking right. Most of the time I just started over in this case.

I think filling the "B" would be sort of like doing the RST on a SeeMore. When I did mine, I dipped a toothpick in the paint and let it drip in the area I wanted in then spread it around a little. Once I had enough in there to cover the entire area, I let it dry. The only bad part is that if you get some outside of the intended area, it is very tedious work to get it looking right. Most of the time I just started over in this case.

Six4Three5 got this advice last night and scoffed at it hahahaha!

It's true though, I much prefer being patient with a toothpick over the smear method. Comes out waaaay cleaner.

Back