My son after a banana split was set down in front of him

dcb244e5117248504be69f388a8ca57d.jpg

My son after a banana split was set down in front of him

dcb244e5117248504be69f388a8ca57d.jpg
Where's the after pic?? How's that bib do containing the carnage?

Where's the after pic?? How's that bib do containing the carnage?
Good question. The sitter most likely withheld that on purpose.

c9f9dce3cfdc98cc493ace22d8891808.jpg

We made the decision today and let her sitter know that we are moving her to pre-k. It was a really hard decision because the woman who has taken care of her has been amazing and she absolutely loves my daughter but we feel like she has kind of out grown that situation and can benefit from the curriculum of the town pre-k. The steep discount for the change didn't hurt either. My biggest thing was that we only have her a week and a half notice so we felt awful but thankfully she was very good about it and offered to still take her on days off in the summer. I literally didn't sleep last night fearing she would be pissed off and tell us to just take her home now. We are both relieved and Anabelle is actually really really excited to go to "big girl school"

TSwift concert with my wife and 2 young girls. They (wife included) are sooo excited. I wanted to be here for the girls first concert...but this could be a long night for me.
I woke up at 3:45am for a golf outing.

TSwift concert with my wife and 2 young girls. They (wife included) are sooo excited. I wanted to be here for the girls first concert...but this could be a long night for me.
I woke up at 3:45am for a golf outing.

You will have a blast.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Parenting Thread

Took my son to the driving range for the first time today. He's been asking to go to the golf course, thought this was a good first step. He (and I) had a blast!ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440633435.280109.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1440633506.471983.jpg

I have a question for all those separated from their children. My son lives with his mom ,which is only a block away from my house. We spend the days together until late at night when mom comes home from work. Upon leaving .....recently it's been happening more often. He says bye daddy with tears in his little eyes. Last night when he left it made me cry as well. As we always have a great time together yesterday we did the same. As he was leaving, mom picks him up he said goodbye and hid his face crying. I would see he was extremely sad and just wanted me to stay with him. Long story short I slept over at his house for the night which I do on occasion. My question is...how would you deal with this situation?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So thankful my kids love going to school. Allthough im sure that will change someday its pretty cool to see how excited they are today

So thankful my kids love going to school. Allthough im sure that will change someday its pretty cool to see how excited they are today

Same here one dreaded going back (13yr old) and my daughter who was mad because she doesn't start until next week. Let's hope the later trend continues.

I have a question for all those separated from their children. My son lives with his mom ,which is only a block away from my house. We spend the days together until late at night when mom comes home from work. Upon leaving .....recently it's been happening more often. He says bye daddy with tears in his little eyes. Last night when he left it made me cry as well. As we always have a great time together yesterday we did the same. As he was leaving, mom picks him up he said goodbye and hid his face crying. I would see he was extremely sad and just wanted me to stay with him. Long story short I slept over at his house for the night which I do on occasion. My question is...how would you deal with this situation?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

I bet there is a really good chance he's crying not simply b/c he's going to miss you, but b/c he's actually worried about you, and it makes him sad to think you are the one that's sad.

I remember going away for my first hockey tournament when I was a kid. My mom and sister were out of the country, and my dad couldn't come with me (we were going to be gone for a week or two).

I was heart broken saying goodbye to my dad, and it took everything I had to not cry. I wasn't crying b/c I was going to miss him, but b/c I was sad for him, and thought he'd be lonely.

My little 7 yr old went to Canada and was really sad before leaving. I was staying behind and meeting them up there a week later.

I thought she was crying b/c she was going to miss me. It turns out she felt bad for me (I was looking forward to daily rounds of golf without getting in trouble from my wife).

She made me promise that I would have my best buddy come over and sleep over every night. I lied and told her I would....and just like that, she was totally fine with me staying behind.

You are building a great bond with your son that will last a lifetime. Just talk to him and make sure he knows that you are fine.

You will have a blast.

You are correct.

I had the time of my life, seeing the joy and excitement on their faces, and experiencing their first concert with them.

That's a memory the 4 of us will have forever.

Weaning the kiddo off of the binki (paci) is going easier than anticipated. Daycare instituted a new rule that pacifier clips are not allowed (a choking hazard, they claim) and rather than have kiddo spit his binki anywhere and everywhere and then pop it back into his mouth, we told them explicitly that he's only to have it at nap time or if he's having a really bad meltdown. So far so good.

Rant side: he's been bit every day this week. First on his stomach, then on his arm, then on his shoulder. I keep telling him to kick the culprit in the shins, but he doesn't seem to understand ... being one and all. I just hope he doesn't pick it up and start figuring it's ok to bite us!

You are correct.

I had the time of my life, seeing the joy and excitement on their faces, and experiencing their first concert with them.

That's a memory the 4 of us will have forever.

I'm there with you. My daughter wants to see Taylor Swift, which I am taking her too in Columbus.

So, this family "riff", for lack of a better term, is killing me.

Lotte is happier than ever before w/ my gma daily, shes on a routine, learning, and is all laughs because she's engaged all day. Plus, my gma is my gma again for the first time since my grandpa passed 9 years ago. So all is good there, I adore it, its well worth the 2+ hours driving each day.

But there is a coldness and almost cut-off feeling coming from the other side now, where Lotte was kept 4 days a week half of last school year and was loved/adored. It was asked if we had day care yet a couple weeks before school started out of nowhere because it was a lot of stress to watch her daily and that was a shock to us, so we got on wait lists, freaked out, and eventually were saved by my gma taking her on to keep her out of daycare. Lotte is happy, but I almost feel guilty that they are missing SO MUCH now, heck its been over 2 weeks now since shes seen them and since then shes taller, babbling nonstop, crawling, standing, and close as all get out to words. This breaks my heart and because shes at my gmas now there is almost an attitude like we cut them off? I don't know. It SUCKS.

Sorry all, I just needed to vent a bit.

Weaning the kiddo off of the binki (paci) is going easier than anticipated. Daycare instituted a new rule that pacifier clips are not allowed (a choking hazard, they claim) and rather than have kiddo spit his binki anywhere and everywhere and then pop it back into his mouth, we told them explicitly that he's only to have it at nap time or if he's having a really bad meltdown. So far so good.

Rant side: he's been bit every day this week. First on his stomach, then on his arm, then on his shoulder. I keep telling him to kick the culprit in the shins, but he doesn't seem to understand ... being one and all. I just hope he doesn't pick it up and start figuring it's ok to bite us!

I am on the other side of this. My kid got into a biting fase. He doesnt do it at home but sometimes he gets a taste for toddler... Its all completely normal though. He was bit a couple of times this year and honestly I wasnt that upset becasue I knew it could go the other way, they dont really know what they are doing 20 months old so hard to upset with it.

I am on the other side of this. My kid got into a biting fase. He doesnt do it at home but sometimes he gets a taste for toddler... Its all completely normal though. He was bit a couple of times this year and honestly I wasnt that upset becasue I knew it could go the other way, they dont really know what they are doing 20 months old so hard to upset with it.
Yeah, they told us that every parent winds up getting both reports (biter and bitee) at some point. Just amazed that in his first three days of being in the toddler class, he's batting 1.000 with being on the receiving end.

This might come off extremely stupid and/or selfish.

For all of the dads/parents on here with two kids.... Did you ever have a thought of not being able to love your second child as much as your 1st? Me and my wife both want another child, but I keep getting the thought of not being able to love another human as much as I do my son. I often get misty eyed thinking about my son not getting all of the attention and him being upset because the baby is getting the attention.

Perhaps I am the only person that thinks like this, but I hope some folks can relate.

For all of the dads/parents on here with two kids.... Did you ever have a thought of not being able to love your second child as much as your 1st? Me and my wife both want another child, but I keep getting the thought of not being able to love another human as much as I do my son. I often get misty eyed thinking about my son not getting all of the attention and him being upset because the baby is getting the attention.

Perhaps I am the only person that thinks like this, but I hope some folks can relate.
Before Nick was born, I worried about being able to adapt to a child. Was I capable of loving a person unconditionally? It kept me up sometimes. Then Nick was born, and I didn't have to work at it. It just happened. I wouldn't worry about it. It'll happen whether you try it or not. The fact that you worry about it pretty much says to me you'll strike the necessary balance and both kids will know they're loved.

Its tough. And it won't be the same. You'll love them, but it's different. Not any worse/better, just different. Its hard to explain. Nothing can take the feeling of that first child away, at least for me it hasn't. Mine are only 4 and 1 though.

She is so cute. A warning though, she should eat the fish head first so the spines don't get caught in her throat. LOL

What's the present day dowery (sp) for marriage? I've got a 4 year old, we could marry them off. I'll give you a new set of golf clubs, of your choice, every year for the next 17 years. I know Obama was offered more for his daughter, but I don't have access to live stock. :D

So, this family "riff", for lack of a better term, is killing me.

Lotte is happier than ever before w/ my gma daily, shes on a routine, learning, and is all laughs because she's engaged all day. Plus, my gma is my gma again for the first time since my grandpa passed 9 years ago. So all is good there, I adore it, its well worth the 2+ hours driving each day.

But there is a coldness and almost cut-off feeling coming from the other side now, where Lotte was kept 4 days a week half of last school year and was loved/adored. It was asked if we had day care yet a couple weeks before school started out of nowhere because it was a lot of stress to watch her daily and that was a shock to us, so we got on wait lists, freaked out, and eventually were saved by my gma taking her on to keep her out of daycare. Lotte is happy, but I almost feel guilty that they are missing SO MUCH now, heck its been over 2 weeks now since shes seen them and since then shes taller, babbling nonstop, crawling, standing, and close as all get out to words. This breaks my heart and because shes at my gmas now there is almost an attitude like we cut them off? I don't know. It SUCKS.

Sorry all, I just needed to vent a bit.

That sucks big time. I get pissed at my parents for not making time to see my kids. We will call them here and there to get together, but never goes the other way. And I know us with kids are more busy than they are being on their own (separated). They live within 15 minutes of us too... My thought is, if they wanted to see their grandkids, they'd make time. If not, it's their loss. I see your side of it too though sometimes, and that the kids (Lotte in your case), are also missing out on knowing all their family. It's a sh***y situation, and one that you shouldn't have to be in. It would be so much easier if everyone just loved and wanted to be a part of their family's life as much as they could.

That sucks big time. I get pissed at my parents for not making time to see my kids. We will call them here and there to get together, but never goes the other way. And I know us with kids are more busy than they are being on their own (separated). They live within 15 minutes of us too... My thought is, if they wanted to see their grandkids, they'd make time. If not, it's their loss. I see your side of it too though sometimes, and that the kids (Lotte in your case), are also missing out on knowing all their family. It's a sh***y situation, and one that you shouldn't have to be in. It would be so much easier if everyone just loved and wanted to be a part of their family's life as much as they could.

My wife gets the same way. She'll get her feathers all ruffled over MY dad not visiting our son or coming to different things of his. My parents separated when I was very young. I got use to him not being there all the time so it doesn't bother me too much. I just go on living life. Our son has noticed they aren't around as much as my mom is. Granted they do live 2 hours away, but they could make time for a visit a lot more than they do. I think I posted in here what he said to my step mom about not making it to his Easter play. I've come to realize, young kids pick up on a lot more and notice a lot more than we think.

Back