It does; you have to start a party and invite friends.

We often just use FaceTime for that but you can use the Xbox party functionality for it as well.
Ok....so party chat, I get that....but there's no in-game chat

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Down one to JT after 17. Par 5 18. Chip for eagle lips out. Make birdie. JT makes birdie to win. :mad:

Ok....so party chat, I get that....but there's no in-game chat

People just dont talk to other people like they used to on games. Unless its COD, then its a bunch of 12 year olds **** talkin.

Well holy s*** sports fans... For the Xbox tourney I put together 2 good rounds, finishing at +2 for the 2 round event. I see I am leading, for now anyway, but I have a feeling it won't hold up...

I think I have figured a few things out to help my tee and iron game, whereas my short game around the green and putting have been strong from day 1.

For whoever is setting our Xbox events up, lets trick it up a bit and play some of the created courses. Just pick some of the top rated ones and lets give it a go! I've been exploring around and there are some pretty kickass tracks out there.

I played one of the barstool society tournaments the other day.....holy ****. They play on some serious difficulty. I was happy to break 80 lol.

2 rounds, pro am swing, discount control off, the wind, elevation, etc off. swing timer on, no putt preview and im back.
Not a hard difficulty level for most and more realistic to what the game should be.

Playing on pro and it is a grind. The biggest thing I am getting used to is having to have my putting stroke perfectly straight. I feel like I am struggling to break 80 but one or two shots away from being at par. One or two shanks a round is costing me a lot of strokes.

Well holy s*** sports fans... For the Xbox tourney I put together 2 good rounds, finishing at +2 for the 2 round event. I see I am leading, for now anyway, but I have a feeling it won't hold up...

I think I have figured a few things out to help my tee and iron game, whereas my short game around the green and putting have been strong from day 1.

For whoever is setting our Xbox events up, lets trick it up a bit and play some of the created courses. Just pick some of the top rated ones and lets give it a go! I've been exploring around and there are some pretty kickass tracks out there.

I think your lead is pretty safe.

Handicap scoring is on. I played one of my better rounds and shot +13 because of all those "bogeys" and "pars". And then I got a "triple bogey" because the putter meter turned red on me. This has happened only since the last update. It's maddening. They fix something and break something else.

The game is hard enough. On Pro setting I'm scrambling on most holes.

My problem is that my handicap was set on ProAm setting in career mode because I was achievement hunting. I should probably delete my profile and start over.

I think your lead is pretty safe.

Handicap scoring is on. I played one of my better rounds and shot +13 because of all those "bogeys" and "pars". And then I got a "triple bogey" because the putter meter turned red on me. This has happened only since the last update. It's maddening. They fix something and break something else.

The game is hard enough. On Pro setting I'm scrambling on most holes.

My problem is that my handicap was set on ProAm setting in career mode because I was achievement hunting. I should probably delete my profile and start over.
Well...I have (had...) a 0 handicap, so basically a wash.

Honestly if they're going to keep handicap scoring on, I should play some rounds on legendary to trash my handicap. It's +7. On Pro setting I rarely shoot under 75.

Was trying to create another tourney for PS4 but the interface is terrible and I accidentally created a 1 round tourney at Rivera that lasts 4 days lol. It won't let me cancel it because of course not.

Enjoy a nice and easy quick one and I'll setup a more normal tourney for next week!

Was trying to create another tourney for PS4 but the interface is terrible and I accidentally created a 1 round tourney at Rivera that lasts 4 days lol. It won't let me cancel it because of course not.

Enjoy a nice and easy quick one and I'll setup a more normal tourney for next week!

at least consider my advice above ;)

I just started playing again but had to move difficulty down to amateur from pro am. I cannot hit anything accurate on pro am but am a birdie machine on amateur.

I just started playing again but had to move difficulty down to amateur from pro am. I cannot hit anything accurate on pro am but am a birdie machine on amateur.

Whatever allows you to enjoy the game man! Glad to hear you are back playing.

Whatever allows you to enjoy the game man! Glad to hear you are back playing.
I just suck at video games. What was weird is th before the update, I was killing it at pro am thinking I should move to pro. The update changed something in the response and I got really bad.

Couple course suggestions to try out...regardless of platform, beautiful courses...someone put in some major time on this one!

Course name:

Marblehead

TPC Pautuxent Lakes

Escobar Island (make sure you select the par 71 version...there is a par 7 on this course, lol)

Last edited:
I just suck at video games. What was weird is th before the update, I was killing it at pro am thinking I should move to pro. The update changed something in the response and I got really bad.

The game was pretty difficult before the update. It's more difficult now. Like why would you make a difficult game more difficult? Don't they want more people playing online?

Well, well, well....won my first PGA Tour event (my first win in my PGA career too!!) tonight!!!

On Pro level I shot a BOGEY FREE round of -11 and won by 6 shots!

I had a 2nd place finish in the prior round, so I've obviously gotten much, much better at the game...but in this round everything came together.
94fec71dd2fb3ad205b258627e13ee4a.jpg
c64e884452a45e2b1134dc422976e433.jpg

I think golf courses should pay people to create their course on the game. I would like to see the RTJ Trail put the whole trail on it. Maybe there’s an opportunity for people who know how to do it well.

Just got this. Haven’t played a golf game in years. Straight to pro setting and I hate/love it.

Just got this. Haven’t played a golf game in years. Straight to pro setting and I hate/love it.

Nice! What system did you get it for? Feel free to join The Hackers Paradise society on PS4 if you’re playing on that.

Also, I totally feel you - I disabled the downswing meter because it was so infuriating. This game is great in so many areas but also just terrible in others.

The putting was good on the XBox before the update. Now it's terrible. It's going to be a while before they get this figured out.

Question: can society matches be played online together?

I turned off swing tempo. It's just to damn psychotic, it was also affecting the putting with the new update. I had maybe 2 or 3 three putts total, and had like 4 in one game. I was playing the Riviera tourney, I think I shot even par for the entire thing. I started doing the "fast" swing trick to keep ball in fairway, and very specific holes I would get a slow swing. Even though I KNOW I had the exact same tempo.

Turning off the tempo has now brought complete enjoyment to this game. I can see where 2k was going with this, but the 0.2 loss in multiplier vs. enjoying a game was a no brainier.

I also did some investigation on the swing, and came upon a thread comparing the tempo swing to shooting in NBA 2k20, and people are talking about the two of them are basically rigged, that you will almost never hit the "perfect" shot.

Back