PGA Tour News & Notes

Exactly, and it was a Sponsor that wanted Garrett to film and what not, wow I couldn’t believe what I was listening to. Also don’t know if you watched the entire video but at 1 point Bryson brought up that every year a PGA player had to sign a waiver about needing approval by the PGA TOUR for playing anywhere else like a charity event, another tournament etc…kinda like the Service where they own you is what I took from that remark….
Yeah, I knew about the PGAT approval policies and Bryson described it as the PGAT owns them for 52 weeks. Lol. PGAT used to require players to play a minimum of 15 events and allowed them to play 3 outside events only if the PGAT approved it. However, the PGAT has changed their policies of late, but not sure what the policies are now.

The PGAT & the PIF have moved the deadline to get a deal done to right before the Masters. Roughly 15 weeks to figure something out.

This tells me the PGAT couldn’t get domestic but in and are in worse shape that are leading on. PIF seems to hold all the cards here and this is a royal mismanagement by Jay

If the Majors are going to continue to use OWGR and make them a glorified PGAT event I don't see why eligible LIV players don't just sit out the Majors.

Some of the folks involved in the Majors denied LIV's request for OWGR and it would only be fitting to deny the Majors of some of the best players in the world.

If the Majors are going to continue to use OWGR and make them a glorified PGAT event I don't see why eligible LIV players don't just sit out the Majors.

Some of the folks involved in the Majors denied LIV's request for OWGR and it would only be fitting to deny the Majors of some of the best players in the world.

That’s a lot to ask those players to give up. Brooks is in his perfect position, being payed millions to essentially practice for the majors, the only 4 tournament he cares about. Why would he give that up?

The PGAT & the PIF have moved the deadline to get a deal done to right before the Masters. Roughly 15 weeks to figure something out.

This tells me the PGAT couldn’t get domestic but in and are in worse shape that are leading on. PIF seems to hold all the cards here and this is a royal mismanagement by Jay
I‘m not following this minute by minute like some however it sounds like the SSG deal is in good shape. And the players want to align with SSG. I can only imagine the insane complexities of the PIF deal given they bring LIV into the deal in one way or another. Throw in a bit of good old government watchdogging and delays are bound to happen. If these mergers are truly good for global golf they’ll close the deals.

I‘m not following this minute by minute like some however it sounds like the SSG deal is in good shape. And the players want to align with SSG. I can only imagine the insane complexities of the PIF deal given they bring LIV into the deal in one way or another. Throw in a bit of good old government watchdogging and delays are bound to happen. If these mergers are truly good for global golf they’ll close the deals.
PIF doesn’t care about ROI. SSG does care about ROI and I don’t see how they get it. I was already doubting the talk of a deal was legit. The delay points even more in that direction, IMO.

Not surprised with the delay once SSG came into the picture as negotiations of this magnitude are tough with two parties but adding a third just magnifies the challenges to satisfy all these egos.

That’s a lot to ask those players to give up. Brooks is in his perfect position, being payed millions to essentially practice for the majors, the only 4 tournament he cares about. Why would he give that up?
It was just wishful thinking and know it's not a reality. I don't even think the non eligible LIV players would even support them sitting out.

A good read on current state and where things stand

IMG_3365.png

@JDax I think Rory just got the Crawfish of The Year award for 2024

@JDax I think Rory just got the Crawfish of The Year award for 2024

Too late Rory…
you're dead to me stephen colbert GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Yeah, I knew it was going to happen that PGA would have some sort of partnership with PIF and SSG. Both the PIF and SSG are supposedly putting 3 billion each into the pot. The PGAT and PGA players would not be smart to turn down 3 billion from either PIF or SSG especially when they will still have majority control over the PGAT.

Does Jay still think he's going to run things when all this comes together?

Surprised I haven't seen this brought up yet. It's not a major headline player and what he says is just kind of obvious back-and-forth with how most people feel, but it is kind of nice seeing someone from the PGA talk in depth about what's on his mind and that he understands fans' pain.

How fun would it be to have this at an experience!!

How fun would it be to have this at an experience!!

I think second place was better in that deal. I wouldn't want to lug that big barrel home and find a place to store it. 😂

Last edited:
Love seeing this for Woodland. He's a favorite of mine.

Back