Phil Mickelson in 2016

Struggled near the end of last season and has gone 2 years without a win. Here is a look at his last 2 years.

2015 - 19 events played
3 top 10 (including a 2nd and 3rd)
3 missed cuts

2014 - 21 events played
1 top 10 (2nd)
3 missed cuts

So what do you project on 2016?
How many wins?
Top 10s?

Hard to believe he hasn't won in that long.

I'd like to see him get a win or two this year, and finally break through at the US Open... but it's just not all that realistic.

1 win.
2 top tens.
4 missed cuts.

I love Phil....
Here's to hoping he has a better season.
1 win
3 top 10
No majors....just can't see him winning with all the young guys out there

Phil Mickelson in 2016

Would like to see Phil bring some of his earlier day brilliance back in 2016, however think that is a far feat.

2016 will pretty much follow his stats line for 2015. I personally don't see him winning an event this year, but wouldn't be surprised if he proves me wrong either.

0 wins
4 Top 10's

I said this in another thread and I don't see Phil winning in 2016. He makes too many mistakes and hasn't pieces together 4 good rounds. I think he was driven by TW and with him out I don't see Phil driving toward the top. He may show us some charges but I just don't see him taking on a JS, RM, BW or RF to win. He plays the marquis events with stacked fields. I just don't think he has the fire power to beat the worlds top players.

As an old guy (44), I'm cheering for the old guy. I think he has a few surprises left in him for the 2016 season.

I think he goes the way of Freddie Couples. Both have/had health issues in their mid 40's that make it hard to put together 4 good rounds. There's no denying he still has the talent to win but with his arthritis and a new swing coach I don't see him improving drastically throughout the year. As has been stated previously, too much firepower on tour for you to have an off day and still win. He may have one of those weeks where everything clicks once every in a while but it's all downhill from here.

This year I say he scares the lead a few times but can't put it all together - 3 top 10s and nothing close in majors

I think he gets a win, 3 top tens and a handful or so top 20 finishes.

I imagine he was driven by TW. Now he is up against guys closer to his own kids ages.He probably has to teach them how to bet during the practice rounds. You start to look in the mirror and wondering. I see him playing in a few of the smaller events to maybe steal a win.
Damn he has been good for the game.

I think it continues. Just too many young guns coming through playing insanely good golf. I wouldn't bet on Phil getting a win, but he should get a few top 10's.

I agree. I think Phil is past his prime and will find it harder and harder to keep up with the youth movement. Top 10 or two, I'd say yes, but winning could be tough.

I think he'll struggle this year, but will put together a great run leading up to the Ryder Cup.

If he wins, my guess is he'd have to catch fire on a course he loves. Only one that comes to mind is one on the West Coast Swing, or Augusta.

1 win (not Augusta)
2 Top 10's

Anything he plays on the west coast he could win, I think he gets one. Either Waste Mgmt or ATT Pro-Am if he plays. I think he will contend at Augusta and the U.S. Open. I think having a new set of eyes(coach)will help him more than most think.

Struggled near the end of last season and has gone 2 years without a win. Here is a look at his last 2 years.

2015 - 19 events played
3 top 10 (including a 2nd and 3rd)
3 missed cuts

2014 - 21 events played
1 top 10 (2nd)
3 missed cuts

So what do you project on 2016?
How many wins?
Top 10s?

My boy Phil! Hoping he has a better season this year than last.

5 top 10
4 missed cuts
2 wins one of which will be a major

Doing pretty well so far!

He wins the US Open....

Dax

He wins the US Open....

....aaaaaaaaand I'm admitted to a mental hospital cuz I would lose my damn mind!!! CAREER GRAND SLAM!!!

Good to see Phil start the season off strong. Hope we can see some flashes for a few more years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With age comes wisdom. Unfortunately, I am not sure that Phil realizes he is older. A lot of good young golfers now in the mix. I wouldn't put it past Phil to win, even a major, but he has to plays smarter to win a major.

I think he will be a non factor. 0 wins and 0 top tens. I just don't think he will be able to pull out any magic this year.

I think he will be a non factor. 0 wins and 0 top tens. I just don't think he will be able to pull out any magic this year.
T3 just today. 1st event. Boom. He's a factor already.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Haha miss the tournament this weekend? :alien:

If he keeps his driver in the fairway like he did this tourney he will have a lot of top 10's. If he gets his touch back like he thinks he will I think he can win.

1 win, 7 top 10s.

I think Phil will top 10 at the Masters and the US Open, but have zero wins this year. His putter will continue to let him down as it always has.

Back