Phil Mickelson in 2016

I'm thinking my boy Phil still has some life left in him. Despite his age the swing is still long and smooth and his work with Getson seems to be paying off. I see two regular tour wins and contends in the Masters, US Open and PGA. Hopefully picks up that US Open but I do think that window closes in the next two years.

Come on Phil! Give us old timers some hope!

Haha miss the tournament this weekend? :alien:
I'll be really curious to see how he does this week at Torrey, if he play well again, it could be a huge year for him, I'll eat my words then!

A productive weekend helps the Phil stock a bit, which is great to see. Still seems to be missing that element that drives his game to the next level though.

He played really well, I absolutely stink at judging these dudes.

Phil did look good. Not sure he can keep up with the "kids" but I still see Phil winning and plenty of top 10's.

Based on what I saw this weekend with his new swing, he may win in 2016 as he gains more confidence in his swing.

Based on what I saw this weekend with his new swing, he may win in 2016 as he gains more confidence in his swing.

I only saw a few driver swings, but it looked a lot smoother than I remember

1 win and 1 top 10 in a Major. I hope it's better than that but not many can win at his age of 45. I'd really love to see hime win a major but the only ones to do at after Phil's current age were Julius Boros, Jack, and Old Tom Morris.

I only saw a few driver swings, but it looked a lot smoother than I remember

His swing is still aggressive but the club stays in front of him allowing him to really get through it better. His timing is a bit off when he gets after it but that will get better.

3 top 10s, 3 missed cuts, 2 wins. Don't ask me why, but this just could be the year he gets his career grand slam, and he will either be carrying momentum into the US Open, or he'll carry it out, hence, my prediction of 2 wins.

~Rock

I think Phil is going to do a lot better this year with a swing plane improvement. Phil is a great ambassador to golf, and just having him in the lime light is good for golf. I think as a Ryder cup leader he has the ability to rally the team, and I think he should choose the pairings.

I recorded some of Phil's 2016 swings and it still seems like he brings the club back flat and swings down upright. Obviously he'll probably revert to old habits until the changes solidify but I thought it was funny that he said he feels like he is swinging like Jim Furyk now. It's crazy how feel and reality never seem to match up where the golf swing is involved. However I am excited to see Phil confident and posting top tens. That's a great sign for a dude working on his swing this late in the game. It makes me wonder if Butch just couldn't communicate the way Phil needed to hear or if he figured that the flat/upright swing was there for good and to work around it. Because you know Butch was absolutely aware of it. He is way too gifted a teacher.

Looks like Phil has a good chance to get his first win since the open, I think I saw he's like 18-22 with the lead going into final round, going for his 5th AT&T title, can he do it? I think so.

I was someone who said he wouldn't get a win this year, but with his position today, he's actually going to be really hard to catch. Should be some good golf today.

I was someone who said he wouldn't get a win this year, but with his position today, he's actually going to be really hard to catch. Should be some good golf today.

You and me both.

Golf is more fun when he's playing well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You and me both.
I think there were many of us in that camp. But I'm glad to see he's in the chase and I'll be pulling for him.

It always seems good to have him towards the top and gunning for a win.

Totally - the chances he takes, he's like many of us - just way better haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always rooted for Tiger and Phil . For me it became painfully obvious long ago that Tiger was done, but have never believed that Phil had hit the same wall. His short game is still the best and his all around game will have some hiccup weeks but he will have periods when his driving, iron play and putting is more than good enough to win big events including Majors. It is key that he firmly believes he can win. I feel he will win at least once this year and maybe twice.

Anyone else notice that big blob on Phil's ball. Trying to hide the fact it's not a Callaway?

Anyone else notice that big blob on Phil's ball. Trying to hide the fact it's not a Callaway?

No sir. Its definitely a Callaway.
Incorrect stamping in time for this week for the USGA, so the mark was made.

Conspiracy theories are more fun though. I heard it was an old Precept MC Ladies ball he was playing this week.

Conspiracy theories are more fun though. I heard it was an old Precept MC Ladies ball he was playing this week.

Definitely could have been.
Maybe just the laddie.

Back