And that's what you'll get apparently. Ping is fairly conservative with everything but turbulators - they get the ugly stuff.

Don't forget about the dragonfly technology... :)
I'm still gaming the G400 Max and I love the look of that driver, it simply inspires confidence looking at it at address.
Looking forward to giving the G425 heads a go.

I too play the G400 Max. It has done what I've asked it to do: find more fairways, even at the expense of a few yards. I too am looking forward to checking out the new G425 series to see how they compare.

I’m most curious about the hybrids. The 410’s are still one of the best hybrids on the planet.

I’m most curious about the hybrids. The 410’s are still one of the best hybrids on the planet.

Good to hear, JTE. I'm thinking whether the G410 or G425 hybrids will solve the gapping problem between my 6i and G 4h.

Last edited:
I think people people will appreciate the clean look at address with the hybrid and fairways. Very similar to the all black look of the g25 with just 3 little circles for alignment.

The drivers hit stores here finally and I couldn't resist a few swings again. Good, fast, loud, and ugly, same as ever. I might try to get over it for a hybrid, but the driver is still a pretty hard pass for me. Look phenomenal upside down in the rack though. Lol

The drivers hit stores here finally and I couldn't resist a few swings again. Good, fast, loud, and ugly, same as ever. I might try to get over it for a hybrid, but the driver is still a pretty hard pass for me. Look phenomenal upside down in the rack though. Lol

any comparisons to g400 or g410?

The G425 driver is high on my radar this year. I miss my G400 Max, lol. Also really interested in the FWs this year.

any comparisons to g400 or g410?
I honestly don't spend enough time with them to do much generational comparison, because I can't stand looking at them over the ball. Or the sound. It's crazy hollow in a not pleasing was to me. That said I can pound away with the LST like I can't with almost any other drivers. Once I put something non-Alta in it. It's a well stabilized rocket for me, just like the 410 was. Amazingly steady numbers. I'm kind of curious about a direct comparison to the 410 myself, but it'll have to wait until I rest up a bit.

I'll definitely take a look at the G 425 SFT. I had good success previously with the G SFT driver.

I honestly don't spend enough time with them to do much generational comparison, because I can't stand looking at them over the ball. Or the sound. It's crazy hollow in a not pleasing was to me. That said I can pound away with the LST like I can't with almost any other drivers. Once I put something non-Alta in it. It's a well stabilized rocket for me, just like the 410 was. Amazingly steady numbers. I'm kind of curious about a direct comparison to the 410 myself, but it'll have to wait until I rest up a bit.

That's what hot melt is for ... sound. As you know. At address, I've used worse. Nike SQ - If I Iooked at that for a year, and the G400 Max for 3 yrs, I can look at a prettier G425 ... but who knows. Must check out the Epic Speed

That's what hot melt is for ... sound. As you know. At address, I've used worse. Nike SQ - If I Iooked at that for a year, and the G400 Max for 3 yrs, I can look at a prettier G425 ... but who knows. Must check out the Epic Speed
I've been wary of hot melting heads that are already heavier and paired with CB shafts. I generally prefer a non counter balanced shaft, and don't mind the usually heavier swing weight it creates by using others, but start adding melt and that feels like it could get out control in a hurry.

I've been wary of hot melting heads that are already heavier and paired with CB shafts. I generally prefer a non counter balanced shaft, and don't mind the usually heavier swing weight it creates by using others, but start adding melt and that feels like it could get out control in a hurry.

Agree - I don't like much melt. I've had some that were not done well - makes the head feel dull and heavy

At first I didnt the the turbulators on the 400lst when I got it but they quickly gre on me and now I am actually a big fan of the look. Not happy to hear they are loud, really enjoy the sound a feel of my 410 and hoping it would have been very similar

At first I didnt the the turbulators on the 400lst when I got it but they quickly gre on me and now I am actually a big fan of the look. Not happy to hear they are loud, really enjoy the sound a feel of my 410 and hoping it would have been very similar
That's all personal preference. What's a pleasing sound to someone isn't to the next. And I play a harder than average ball, which can make a huge difference. Go hit it. They're good. I've never hit a PING G from 400 up that I didn't think was a pretty great performer. The tread plate on top just never 'grew on me' like I hoped it would. You lucky devil. :LOL:

Edit a couple hours later: I've just watched a couple reviews, which I try not to do until I've hit something more than once, and yep, even in video I can hear what I don't like about it. All personal preference, but it sounds more hollow to me. Makes it seem cheap in a sense. Really comes through in Etches' video, and he mentions some about the sound.

Last edited:

Sound/Feel is subjective -- I've heard the feel is improved over the G400-410. It all depends.

I enjoy the sound/feel of the G425. I especially am enjoying the fairway woods and hybrids. I typically have struggled with Ping fairway woods in the past, but I wouldn't have any issues putting the G425 3 wood in play.

As soon as the demo's hit the fitting cart up here I will be in and will take my 410 with me to compare.

I'm looking forward to seeing the 425 irons in hand. I thought what they did with the 410 line was really good for that G series line.

Back