This construction to me is a lot better of a differentiator between the already really forgiving G series and what the GMax was. I like how these look as well.

Similar shape to the p790. These are on the radar. Looks like the sole isn’t as wide as it has been in the part. Hope this will offer better turf interaction

Sent from HTX

A 28 degree loft on the power spec 7 iron is surely one way to make the ball go farther.

It has been a while since I wanted to hit a Ping iron but for some reason I want to give these a whirl.

These things are smooth, feel great on all shots and the ball Flys crazy far. Which could make for some distance gaps. Yesterday I hit about 25 shots on the foresight and was getting 190 out of a 7i non stop. Got a few into the 200s. That is way longer than my 7i. Hit a few 4i into the 235 range and none were hit great. These clubs are nice
f2234d5f35eea19846a5543508998529.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

These things are smooth, feel great on all shots and the ball Flys crazy far. Which could make for some distance gaps. Yesterday I hit about 25 shots on the foresight and was getting 190 out of a 7i non stop. Got a few into the 200s. That is way longer than my 7i. Hit a few 4i into the 235 range and none were hit great. These clubs are nice
f2234d5f35eea19846a5543508998529.jpg

Any idea when these will show up in fitting carts ?

Any idea when these will show up in fitting carts ?
That I don't have an answer for but wish I did

dang patrick them is some long 7 irons.

How did the clubs look at address framing the ball?

Heres a comparison some site did at address
G400 left, G700 right.

Ping-G700-irons-comparison.jpg

dang patrick them is some long 7 irons.

How did the clubs look at address framing the ball?

They looked good at address, I thought I had a pic but can't seem to find it. I will grab another one and post it here

Little in hand action

Top line, sole width and face height seemed identical to G400 to my eye. The G700 seemed longer from heel to toe.

8d4da1f4155cb856a1c95718c5085655.jpg

be3d923dca67e919a3b6fa3d79171ae8.jpg

edcf3bcf6d2e638d900cc9054901c1c5.jpg

ec315db56c578b63cf6fe3128fe04c2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little in hand action

Top line, sole width and face height seemed identical to G400 to my eye. The G700 seemed longer from heel to toe.

8d4da1f4155cb856a1c95718c5085655.jpg

be3d923dca67e919a3b6fa3d79171ae8.jpg

edcf3bcf6d2e638d900cc9054901c1c5.jpg

ec315db56c578b63cf6fe3128fe04c2c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saw them in my local shop today as well. Not too shabby. Fresh out of the box.

edf2a9425ba6eb935b18a9866e31ef70.jpg

Been thinking a lot about these the past couple weeks. Picked up the G400 as my first (non putter) Ping club on Saturday and everything I'm seeing from them is faultless.

To my eye, these look so much better than the G400 irons. That weird badge is not my cup of tea.

To my eye, these look so much better than the G400 irons. That weird badge is not my cup of tea.

Totally agree...the cavity has me drooling. G400 would not even be a consideration now. Can't wait to see it in person.

I hit these at the golf expo yesterday. They're strong lofted, but they get the ball up QUICK. I was hitting a 5i into the net and just launching the ball. They're definitely loud but the feeling is still solid - they don't feel like you're hitting a hybrid.

I'd absolutely put these in play.

I hit these at the golf expo yesterday. They're strong lofted, but they get the ball up QUICK. I was hitting a 5i into the net and just launching the ball. They're definitely loud but the feeling is still solid - they don't feel like you're hitting a hybrid.

I'd absolutely put these in play.

so I'd like them is what you are saying?

so I'd like them is what you are saying?

Definitely in your wheelhouse. They look really really nice too. So much cleaner than the G400

Michael Newton has a nice video up about hitting these. They confound his expectations somewhat...

I just watched Newtons review on these too.. Great launch and the spin seems quite high for a hollow iron.

Had a chance to hit these again today.
I hit them along side of the GMax and G400.
Topline, blade length (heel to toe) and face height seems the same size as the GMax. But the offset and sole width are roughly the same size as the G400. Also at address you don’t see the cavity back protruding. So very clean looking at address.

My swing went through a myriad of changes during my session but on good shots the 7i seemed to get out there close to my normal 6i distance. So these seem to have an extra gear.

Had a chance to hit these again today.
I hit them along side of the GMax and G400.
Topline, blade length (heel to toe) and face height seems the same size as the GMax. But the offset and sole width are roughly the same size as the G400. Also at address you don’t see the cavity back protruding. So very clean looking at address.

My swing went through a myriad of changes during my session but on good shots the 7i seemed to get out there close to my normal 6i distance. So these seem to have an extra gear.

What I've watched is that while distance is better and lofts are stronger, launch angle is the same as a higher lofted same number iron. That's exciting to see...

What I've watched is that while distance is better and lofts are stronger, launch angle is the same as a higher lofted same number iron. That's exciting to see...

Curious to see difference in distance between the clubs. The G700 is stronger by only half a degree per club but still gets similar launch which is pretty awesome.

Back