PING Glide Wedges Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Really nice review James. I've been on the fence with these for a while now and think when I finally do need new wedges, these are going to be right at the top of the list.

One minor correction though...I think TS stands for thin sole, not tour sole. Just as WS stands for wide sole and SS for standard sole.

Enjoyed the review. The Glides remain in the running for me, especially as I look at wide sole options.

Enjoyed the review Jman.

A always enjoy reading your reviews. Thanks for what you do. Reall good breakdown on the versatility and results with the different soles.

Glad you all enjoyed this one, it was a fun review to write on at of levels. Having all three soles in the same lot was actually really handy for the review process.

Wonderful write up James.

I have the 60* and I absolutely love it. I am confident with any shot and that is completely foreign to me with a wedge.

Great review James and very cool of Ping to send all 3 grinds for comparison. Glad to see them bringing the visible alignment on the Dyla-Grip similar to what we've seen from a few others as it definitely can help.

I also like how they kept the naming in line with something that resonates with golfers instead of just numbers or some crazy name, the SS sounds like a solid fit for many.

Another solid review James, I like that Ping has simplified the design of these wedges. That in and of itself should make this an option for more golfers. The longer grip should be on all wedges IMO. I would like to attend a demo day and try all three soles.

Great review. Incidentally I loved these in store and just ordered myself a trio of custom fit Glides. Will report back once I get them in a few weeks!

Love hearing about wedges from those who are more read up on them than I am. I like what they did with the grips on these - similar to what Cobra did w/ the Trusty Rusty, but I especially like the marks to give you an idea of where you're gripping down on and take the guessing out of it. I'm not in the market for wedges this year, but if I were these would be some of the first I try. Nice clean look, but still quintessential PING IMO.

Nice review, I like how you got all three grinds to compare but I have to say I am not hugely struck on the looks

Very nice review Jman! The looks just dont do it for me, but the options, oh the options! Love that. Really seems to show the importance of playing the correct bounce. thanks man!

I appreciate the kind comments all.

Also, there was indeed a typo in the review, it has been rectified, these things do happen. With that said, it always strikes me funny when there is a homepage comment from someone who never comments on reviews just to point something out. But, c'est la vie, we all have our own path and way.

I appreciate you guys are enjoying the work that went into this one, it truly was a very fun review.

Last edited:
Solid review dude, I was looking forward to this one. REally like the options available and I’m a recent believer in the ctp tech. The price difference between Canada and the US is huge though. $165 up here north of the boarder.

Solid review dude, I was looking forward to this one. REally like the options available and I’m a recent believer in the ctp tech. The price difference between Canada and the US is huge though. $165 up here north of the boarder.

The CTP is a favorite of mine too.

And DAMN that is a price bump sting1

The CTP is a favorite of mine too.

And DAMN that is a price bump sting1

180 something if you want graphite. Canadians get shafted, no pun.

Love the review Jman! I have been gaming the Gorge Tour wedges and have loved every bit of them. These look like they would compliment them very nicely.

Love the review Jman! I have been gaming the Gorge Tour wedges and have loved every bit of them. These look like they would compliment them very nicely.

Thank you! I think you'd find a definite comfort level with them.

180 something if you want graphite. Canadians get shafted, no pun.

Not quite as bad here in the UK but a major store is advertising these at £89.99 (roughly $135-140)

My Glides are on the way direct from PING! Will have them in hand Monday.

Nice! Be sure to post up your thoughts!

Well someone on ebay had a great deal (like new, 80 each) on 54 and 60 glide wedges. Never hit ping wedges before so I'm excited to try them. I've heard fantastic things. Looking forward to see if they can unseat my Hopkins wedges. Especially the 60 (the 54 will likely win out just based on gapping alone.

Back