Yeah, a 203 7i sounds amazing, but suspect.

I witnessed it. Read the numbers from the computer myself. I had been hitting balls on it for 20 minutes or so before he got in there and the distances I was seeing were normal. I hit the same clubs before he did and right after. My spin came down into the mid 4000's and the ball flight was lower with the i20 (s300). Ball flight was much higher and spin was in the 6000's with both the KBS Tour and C-Taper. C-Taper was longer by a few yards.

I witnessed it. Read the numbers from the computer myself. I had been hitting balls on it for 20 minutes or so before he got in there and the distances I was seeing were normal. I hit the same clubs before he did and right after. My spin came down into the mid 4000's and the ball flight was lower with the i20 (s300). Ball flight was much higher and spin was in the 6000's with both the KBS Tour and C-Taper. C-Taper was longer by a few yards.

Then good lord, the guy needs a piss test. Holy hell, none of us can touch 200 with a 7i unless it's downhill and downwind. Wow.

+1 here - traded my RXTs in for these last week. Need to get a few rounds in to confirm what i experienced on the range, but I also thought the i20s felt better. Had some trouble hitting the longer RXTs so I'm definitely going to be stoked if these are easier to hit in the 5/6 iron.

I would agree with FLTC that these are very similar to the RXT's in terms of forgiveness. I was missing quite a bit in the toe with these the first night and was still seeing nice distance. IMO they are a bit better in the feel department. Very S56 like in terms of feel

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Remember when Tin Cup came out and we were supposed to believe Costner's character could hit a 190 yard 7i and we just "knew" that was a rediculous number that only happens in movies - not anymore...

Yeah, a 203 7i sounds amazing, but suspect.

Ping's online fitter says I'm a blue dot.......stupid university costs. Who needs education anyways?

Then good lord, the guy needs a piss test. Holy hell, none of us can touch 200 with a 7i unless it's downhill and downwind. Wow.

He made me feel very unmanly with my 169 7i carry. He's just one of those gifted golfers I guess. The fast twitch muscles must be working well.

Student loans bro, LOL

I know TC. I know, though the student loan is paying for my golf membership this year. Normally just worked at a course so I always just had my golf free, but who would have known that a office job doesn't have the same benefit.

....Ping also has the white/black MC's as a custom option.

image.jpg

with

54707_black.jpg

i20
- DG X100 Spin = 3500-4000 , Carry = 203!

That is absurdly low spin for a 7 iron and I'd honestly question how it holds a green let alone a slopped one. 207 on a 7i is neat and all but I also think it's a fantastic indicator that people are forgetting that precise distance and stopping power is more important with irons then just sheer distance.

That is absurdly low spin for a 7 iron and I'd honestly question how it holds a green let alone a slopped one. 207 on a 7i is neat and all but I also think it's a fantastic indicator that people are forgetting that precise distance and stopping power is more important with irons then just sheer distance.

I'll take 170 yard 7 iron that hold the grenn with 6,000 rpm over 203 yard 7 iron thats going to roll off the back of the green. And result in a missed green.

I played 18 holes today for the first time since I got my i20s. For the impatient crowd, here's a short assessment. Not going anywhere.

I was awful off the tee and my putting was hit and miss. What made me shoot my lowest score today was hitting lasers with my irons. On my par threes I stuck the ball close to the pin on all of them. I was hitting the i20s so well I opted for a 4 iron on two shots where the distance dictated my 3 hybrid, which I was being inconsistant with. I was a little shorter, but I stayed in the fairways. I shot an 89 today, breaking 90 for the first time.

I love my i20s. I've got to go to dinner so I'll give a more detailed review when I get an opportunity, just wanted to pop in and say this much.

Thats awesome, Xir. I am going to the range to hit my new set right now and hope to play the first round tomorrow morning. Glad they are working for you.

I played 18 holes today for the first time since I got my i20s. For the impatient crowd, here's a short assessment. Not going anywhere.

I was awful off the tee and my putting was hit and miss. What made me shoot my lowest score today was hitting lasers with my irons. On my par threes I stuck the ball close to the pin on all of them. I was hitting the i20s so well I opted for a 4 iron on two shots where the distance dictated my 3 hybrid, which I was being inconsistant with. I was a little shorter, but I stayed in the fairways. I shot an 89 today, breaking 90 for the first time.

I love my i20s. I've got to go to dinner so I'll give a more detailed review when I get an opportunity, just wanted to pop in and say this much.

Last edited:
Nice work Xir! I'm looking forward to more of your details.

Sounds like the I20's had a bit of a pre-round pep talk amongest themselves......... " If we wanna permanent spot in Xir's bag we gotta go low "

Great looking and SMART irons !

Congrats on the breaking 90. That's a big deal.

Jebus! I hit my 7 iron 150.

Oh well, still need some of the PING love. Just went to PGA Superstore here in Myrtle Beach and man, I fell in love again and again.

The hybrids, the driver...I am a sucker for matte black finishes.

And the irons, hit them again (sadly off a mat again) and they still feel great. April 27 is the demo day in Nashille. Too far off.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Snag them up Minarets! You deserve them.

Snag them up Minarets! You deserve them.
If i knew i wouldn't be served with divorce papers, i would.

I looked at the i20 woods today and they're just as sexy as the irons. That hybrid gives me pause. I reckon it hits well.

I saw these at GolfSmith today and pictures do not do them justice. Now that I have seen them in hand and reading about them on here I am...no must be strong...must not OEM...must be strong.

OEM them royal.

OEM them royal.

Gotta get my swing shaped up first...these will be in the back of my head in ponder mode till then.

Got a chance to hit a demo 7 iron yesterday off a mat. The i20's look and feel awesome. I could not tell much about the ball flight as the wind was blowing about 30 mph. I was very impressed with the feel (very soft). I look forward to hitting these again.

I like the look of these, I had a set of i10s for a month or so because I was fitted for them but after some play I did not enjoy the feel or look compared to other irons. I was going to give them a go at Golf Galaxy today but I was on a mission to find a driver.

Last edited:
Back