PING iE1 Irons Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a fan of these looks, but they are probably great to hit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes please

I thought I saw some previous pics where there was black instead of the blue (may have been b&w pics but Im not sure).

For some reason they were more appealing with black versus the blue on the plate imo.

I thought I saw some previous pics where there was black instead of the blue (may have been b&w pics but Im not sure).

For some reason they were more appealing with black versus the blue on the plate imo.
They were indeed black and white photos. Ping is on a blue kick right now for sure hahahaha

They were indeed black and white photos. Ping is on a blue kick right now for sure hahahaha

Hey at least they match my G30 woods. :D

i-line is always great. Look forward to hearing thoughts of those who get to hit them, I know the i25's had a pretty decent following here.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I'm a fan! I personally think it looks alright. They'll have to be pretty magical to unseat my i25s though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

They look fine to me, although I would love to see a new Ping iron set that carries forth the look of the Glide wedges. Ultimately hitting them is more important than visuals, and I will be interested to learn how these play. I picked up an i25 set this year that I like very much. They have a nice soft feel at impact and give me a reasonable amount of forgiveness without taking away feedback needed to help me make better center strikes. I would be surprised if these are a big improvement for my interests.

The hard edged rectangular shape of the big cavity just doesn't flow well with the rest of the design.

Don't know if part of it is the angle at which the top-line pic was taken, but the offset looks more than the i25s as well. Just not a fan of the look.

When I saw the other thread talking about the name change to PINGs lineup, I was excited thinking they may come out with something different and exciting from their usual offerings. However, looking at the picture it seems like the same old PING style just a different model year to me.

They look very much like Ping irons. Which is good, if you like how previous Ping irons have looked. I think anyone expecting Ping club to have some revolutionary change in their appearance or construction hasn't been paying too much attention to the company for the past several years.

Hmmm just kind of indifferent to these. I don't mind looks but it's nothing that catches my eye. Hopefully they hit well.

I don't dislike them, they just look incomplete to me. Kinda like something is missing.

Mehhhhh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm the opposite, I quite like the looks, esp at address.

Agree with the looks at address - the i series is just about perfect there.

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the whole set looks - I hope they keep the progressive set design that the i25s had - to me, that's the best "combo set" that I've ever had a chance to play with - long irons give you help, with compact short irons.

I think the real change for Ping is going to be no up charge shaft options if Internet rumors are to be trusted

Another picture. Looks like they changed the font used for the number.

blog-ping-i-iron-0701.jpg

The font does appear to be different...I am curious to try these and see how they compare to the i20s I had and if I like them better than the i25s.

I'm reserving judgement until we see in hand pics of these. If they look like the i20/i25s at address, they'll be fine by me. That pic two posts up looks good to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back