Status
Not open for further replies.

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
pingie1-L.jpg

I'm sure these are in for review? I can't wait to read about them.

Last edited:
The Ping homer in me is really interested in hearing more about these.

I am a fan of the i20s and am interested in hearing more about these irons. I like the looks.

Big solid meh from me. I need to see them in person.

I'm interested to hear more. The i25s are a fantastic iron - in my opinion, a bigger change from the i20s than a lot of people gave them credit for. These look like more of a departure (at least in the looks department), and I'm looking forward to hearing more.

It looks like the "i" is prominent in the cavity, with the E1 relegated to the corner near the hosel. Are they going to just end up referring to these as the "i series" like Titleist does with the AP1 and AP2, and have the model less prevalent like the 714 is in that series?

These look cleaner than a lot of the prior Ping models. Not as industrial looking.

Interested to learn more.

These look cleaner than a lot of the prior Ping models. Not as industrial looking.

Totally agree. Never been a big fan of the industrial looks of Ping - but these have my attention.

Totally agree. Never been a big fan of the industrial looks of Ping - but these have my attention.

I'll take the other side and say that while I'll hold off until I see these in person, I kind of prefer the more industrial looks of other PING irons. But, at least with the i series, they've been moving that way a bit. Added ferrules for the first time w/ the i20.

Nice clean look, definitely want to hear and see more.

I'm sure they'll perform, but like the past i irons looks a little more.

I was thinking the same. I like the looks initially and want to hear more. I never swung the last i Series line, but those received high praise & looking forward to see if these can match.

I kinda feel the same way. They don't look bad, but they don't make me feel like I have to go out and hit them. I'm really looking forward to Ping's next player's iron. Love the S55.

I was a HUGE fan of the i20. The only gripe I had was distance compared to my Apex. In the fitting I did last summer, that was the difference, just distance. If these are an improvement there and keep the amazing forgiveness, they'll have a top-notch iron.

Yeah, I hope to get some swings in with these. I prefer the look of the 20s and 25s initially, but this isn't bad at all.

I'm sort of swinging that way too. But I was really looking forward to this iron, so maybe it just didn't have much of a chance to live up to the hype I had for it. I really want to give it some swings though

Jb, would you say these are more of a replacement for the i20 or i25 series than the S55? Will Ping be releasing a newer players iron?

I have owned many different PING irons over the years and these look very nice...I really will take a hard look at these and look forward to a THP review!!!

they look like something from the 90s...

I'm a little indifferent. The looks don't wow me - nice and clean but not substantially more enticing than my i25s. I will be interested to see if the clubs feature technology advancements.

PING iE1 Irons Preview

Not impressed. Loved the look of the i20 and i25. This is not an upgrade IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More of the same looks wise IMO.

Not blown away by the looks, but if the performance is an upgrade from the i20/i25 lines, I'm interested for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back