PING iE1 Irons Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shaft options would completely change my opinion on these

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

not like lee westwood to change so quick

Yeah I noticed he already had them in the bag at the Alstom Open...it took him a while to go to the i25 so he must like these a lot even though he missed the cut but it was becasue he doesn't make the putts ne needs to :angry:

Yeah I noticed he already had them in the bag at the Alstom Open...it took him a while to go to the i25 so he must like these a lot even though he missed the cut but it was becasue he doesn't make the putts ne needs to :angry:
I thought that he didn't switch to the i25s and he stuck with the i20s.

I was hoping to hear about and see pics of more pros using these this week at the John Deere

I've never really liked the looked of Ping's irons and these continue that trend, they aren't ugly or anything just nothing special. I'd still be interested to give them a swing because I always liked the performance of the i20's.

I've never really liked the looked of Ping's irons and these continue that trend, they aren't ugly or anything just nothing special. I'd still be interested to give them a swing because I always liked the performance of the i20's.
I think this guy said it best:
Big solid meh from me. I need to see them in person.

I play the first version of the Raptures... and I am a MUCH better golfer now than I was 10 years ago when those came out. I was thinking about getting the i25's or the S55's but I need to learn more about these possible new replacements for the i25s.

I'm a ping guy, so I have two things on my wish list for these.
1. I hope they have the I series forgiveness & playability. I have heard rumors that this new series will combine the i and s series into one with thinner top lines and soles than the i25s but thicker than the current s series. That wouldn't be the best for me. It's hard to tell from the pictures released so far, but they look like a continuation of the I series, which I like.
2. And this has nothing to do with playability of the club, but I wish ping would go with a naming sequence similar to titelist. Just call it the ping i and have a method to distinguish between releases. Maybe that is what the e1 is, but I really like the titelist method. 714 AP2. You have the AP2 iron released in 2014. Same iron family with whatever updates & refinements that year model brings with it. Simple and easy. I don't want to be playing the ping i55s in 12 years.
Eh.. There's the S57, S56, S55. Each another model and another year of release. Just like the i-series and G-series. ITS been like that for years, at least 12 ;)

I play PING, I like PING's "function over form" attitude, but to me these don't do it. Looks like it's somewhere between the i-series and G-series to me. Long face, quite a heavy sole and lots of cavity. Sure that's where I should be shopping, but I'm not loving this look yet :)

Should have more on THP about these very, very soon.

Should have more on THP about these very, very soon.

With how much you enjoyed the 20's and 25 and your history of the I line I hope your the one testing.

With how much you enjoyed the 20's and 25 and your history of the I line I hope your the one testing.
They'll be in hand sometime this week. It'll be interesting, they're very i5 looking to me in profile, which is not a bad thing as those are still held in high regard by many where the I series irons are concerned.

They'll be in hand sometime this week. It'll be interesting, they're very i5 looking to me in profile, which is not a bad thing as those are still held in high regard by many where the I series irons are concerned.

Well this is going to be fun to follow along.

I agree. A wealth of I series info to pull from

Looking forward to your thoughts on these - loved the i20/25 reviews, and I know you're a fan of the line. I'm very happy with the irons I have, and I picked up a set of i25s as a backup for some store credit (it was an itch that had to be scratched, I don't know how many times I almost bought the recent i series irons) so I don't see myself buying a set any time soon. But I am very interested to see what's similar/different, especially given some of the personnel changes at PING.

Like the look of these, nice lines.

Look like a leaner RSI?!

I haven't seen any real good in hand pictures of these so until Jman puts them up in his studio I'm not going to say much on if I like them or not.

Look like a leaner RSI?!
I imagine they'll be a lot leaner than the rsi. Apparently they thinned the soles on these from the 20 and 25's, kind of a s55 and i25 blend. It'll be interesting to get them in hand and compare to the different irons I've got around here size wise.

Look like a leaner RSI?!

They do have a bit of a similar look to the Rsi2, looking at a few of the pictures I've seen. That's another club I really liked too, so not a bad thing.

They do have a bit of a similar look to the Rsi2, looking at a few of the pictures I've seen. That's another club I really liked too, so not a bad thing.
The 2's, I could def see some similarities perhaps.

I have never played a set of pings, these might be the first to find their way into the bag.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

I'm ready for more. Is it time yet?

I'm ready for more. Is it time yet?
Next day or so I should have them in hand with a crap ton of Dean approved pics.

Next day or so I should have them in hand with a crap ton of Dean approved pics.

Effing awesome. These are on my radar as well. Can't wait for some gorgeous Jman inspired pics of these. I've done a full 180 on these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back