Poll: Best Baseball Video Game

The best?

• Bases Loaded 2

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • I am uncivilized. A ruffian. A scoundrel.

Votes: 21 87.5%

• Total voters
Was the one where the ball would change color out of the pitcher’s hand to help the batter? I want to say Manny on the cover? I played those MVP games on my pc in college.
Yep that's the one. IIRC there's still a community that mods it every year to current uniforms and players

Hardball (Atari version)

Ken Griffey for me all day. That game was so much fun.

1987 Apple IIGS classic "Hardball"

1707403947335.png

Used to play that on the Commodore 64.
Chris Contos was a beast.

Little known fact, It didn’t matter the hitter, abilities were based on where they hit in the lineup

My mother was a school computer lab teacher so we had an Apple computer at home. Little league age me played a LOT of Hardball. And John Elway football.

HOW have none of your said Backyard Baseball? Pablo Sanchez deserves some more respect.

paul dano challenge GIF by BBC First Australia

Backyard Baseball...Pablo Sanchez and Kenny Kawaguchi are and always will be all stars
I was hoping someone would mention this one. SO underrated

@Hawk is it weird that I can still hear the RBI Baseball music in my head, 40 years later?

MVP baseball early 2000's.. Most balanced and fun game ever. Oddly.. No Barry Bonds though. lol.

@Hawk is it weird that I can still hear the RBI Baseball music in my head, 40 years later?
Not one bit. I can hum the BL2 music any day, including what they played during at bats. It's just ingrained.

I used to love "High Heat" on Windows. Me and my friend used to play that all the time.

Though i played the original "Bases Loaded" way more than the second. That was an awesome game

I mentioned in another thread recently, but the player "Paste" in that game made no sense. He was like the Babe Ruth of baseball video games. If you made contact that ball was going yard

I haven't played any for a long while but it was always RBI & Little League Baseball(Texas) first and foremost. Baseball Stars & Bases Loaded were played a lot as well.

I swear the graphics and presentation in The Show are crazy top notch. I played it quite a bit. Just not a huge baseball guy. Super Mega Baseball 2 is more my speed. Great game with tons of customization.

Back