Pray for me, guys.

start studying you butt off and stay off golf forums..at least that's what I'd tell my son

I know you will come out with a great score aggro. Be sure to let us know how you did when you get the scores.

Thanks so much guys. I will be sure to let ya'll know how it goes, but for now, ACT prep! YAAAY /sarcasam. Apparently a 30 isn't quite competitive enough for some schools, so the nose is back to the grindstone.

Sometimes, you have to swallow a bitter pill.

Normally, I have no trouble achieving whatever I want from an academic standpoint. I have a 30 on the ACT (took it in 10th grade), I am juggling 4 college level classes, and football, in addition to golf and other extracurriculars. I have the highest standardized reading and english test scores in my county.

I have failed.

I stated earlier that I needed a 210. Well, that did not happen.

I scored a 202, high enough to be recognized, but recognition doesn't pay tuition.

As I said, academic failure that is insurmountable is an alien feeling to me. If I messed up in the past, it was because I was screwing around, or procrastinating.

I don't really know how to react. I am disappointed, and saddened, even though I did my best. There are other options for me, that isn't the problem. I just, haven't failed myself before. It sucks, guys.

Thanks for your kind words a few months ago. I just wished I could have lived up to them.

Don't beat yourself up to much man, its just a temporary setback. With the drive you obviously have you will come out on top, no doubt.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Come on buddy, this is nothing more than a new spot to work from. In your future you will get to see numerous new positions, some good and some not so great. Thats life. Take full advantage when its going well and limit the losses when things slow down. Keep the chin up, we are all behind you!

+1 on the temp set back. So much ahead, so try not to worry too much. I know, way easier said than done. It's fantastic that you tried your best and work so hard. I could only hope that my kids (who are teeny-tiny) end up caring as much about the things that you do and have the same motivation.

I am sure you can bounce back, a little adversity builds character and you will come back a stronger person for it.

You did your best, and considering your schedule you did a heck of a job. Props to you!

You did your best and you owned up to the results so in my eyes you are a man. Be proud of yourself and this is just a stepping stone to better things. I got a feeling you got what it takes to carve a great future regardless of any test results. Work hard, do more than what you are expected to do and you will get noticed by future employers. Keep focusing on your goal and the way will come.

To miss your goal by such a small margin is certainly painful. But let it get you down for too long. Knowing that you worked hard and did your best is all you can really ask of yourself.

Back