Precision Pro NX10 Rangefinder Review

One other quick note... the vibrate function when the NX10 locks on basically occurs on 100% of the readings that I had. My Bushnell, though it is a few years old, seems to do the "jolt" vibrate feature on maybe 50% of my readings now. I'm still confident in the distance, but it's nice having that feedback to feel when using the unit.

I recently ordered 2 skins for mine.

It's cool they give you the 2nd one at I think 50% off (could be wrong there).

One of them was the neon yellow skin... I was thinking it would look like my painted one above (neon lime) and it wasn't neon at all which was a let down.

Also ordered the one called "Beer". I was disappointed in this one too as the logos are tiny and you need glasses to even see what they are.
1684951745909.png

I never opened either and might just send them back for a refund. PP is always good to work with so I am sure they would accept the return.

Having an issue where my slope distance is only reading out a 1 or 2 digit distance (i.e. distance to pin is 154, slope is reading 19). Anyone seen this before? I reached out to PrecisionPro directly for some advice earlier in the week.

Having an issue where my slope distance is only reading out a 1 or 2 digit distance (i.e. distance to pin is 154, slope is reading 19). Anyone seen this before? I reached out to PrecisionPro directly for some advice earlier in the week.
I've not had that issue, but the one issue that I've been having is that it will lock on to something behind the pin. I have an SL1 and haven't had that issue with it unless I'm way off. With the NX10, I don't have to be very far off at all. I'll keep using it and do a side by side next time I'm out. Not ready to move on from it just yet but I'm not ruling out going back to the SL1, either. 🤷‍♂️

Welp, my rangefinder seems to be good now. Weird. I will update if the same thing happens.

Luckily the issue fixed itself, but Precision Pro recommends the following in case someone else has this issue:

One thing to try is a manual reset. You can do this by taking the battery out and waiting 30 seconds before putting it back in. Another thing to try is wiping the lens down with a soft cloth to clean it of any dust/debris.

Used the rangefinder at home for the first time this past weekend. It is faster to get the pin distance than I am used to and I really like the display. It is my first time with a magnet on a range finder and we will see how that works out for me and not losing it when I start riding in a cart here again.

Used the rangefinder at home for the first time this past weekend. It is faster to get the pin distance than I am used to and I really like the display. It is my first time with a magnet on a range finder and we will see how that works out for me and not losing it when I start riding in a cart here again.

A tip that I picked up was to keep your keys/wallet in your rangefinder case. Hasn't failed me yet since I started doing that after I left one on the cart a few years back.

Wanted to share some initial impressions of the NX10 since I won’t be playing my first true round using it until this weekend.

Out of the box I was very impressed. I was using a bushnell which felt kind of cheap and plasticy. The NX10 feels very solid. It has some weight to it and the material feels very durable. It feels a little Thicker than the bushnell which I view as a positive.

As for locking into pins, you don’t need to be precise at all. There’s a big circle you just hit the pin with and it locks on right away. I’ve never used a range finder with the slope feature but the few times I used it at Ballyhack it came in very handy. There were several instances where I probably would haveplayed the wrong shot.

I’m super impressed with it thusfar. Here’s a few features for anyone interested

IMG_4836.jpeg

I haven't ever come across that one. That is odd. I am sure they will take care of you though. How old is your unit?

I haven't ever come across that one. That is odd. I am sure they will take care of you though. How old is your unit?

I've had it for a few weeks. It appeared to fix itself for a round, but had a similar issue my last round as well as some weird distances when I hit a pin.

I've had it for a few weeks. It appeared to fix itself for a round, but had a similar issue my last round as well as some weird distances when I hit a pin.
Might be worth reaching out to them. I had the NX9 and most of the time it wouldn't read a target unless I removed the battery and put it back in or wiped the lens. I am talking like every other time I went to use it. So I returned it within the 30 day window no questions asked. I gave them another chance with the NX10 Slope and its been really good.

Getting out with the NX10 again later today. I’ve been pretty obsessed with the slope feature. There’s been quite a few shots where it’s playing longer than I would have guessed. Every once in a while it will give you a weird reading but it’s definitely weird enough to make you shoot it again. On average it happens about once per round.

Outside of that, I love how easy it is to lock onto a pin. I have shaky hands when I shoot it with one hand and it’s very quick to lock on.

The magnet is also insanely strong. You canput it on a cart and it doesn’t move in the slightest. It also gives it a nice weight which is comfortable to hold

Really like my NX10. I had magnet issues like another member. Just from driving on the cart path from grass knocked it off a few times. PP customer service was fantastic and replaced it. No issues with the replacement. Really enjoy the customization but really love how fast it locks on target and the non cluttered view.

Shoutout to Precision Pro Customer service! I dropped my NX10 in Florida. After I got home it developed these odd spots in the internal optics. They are sending me a replacement unit free of charge.

Really like my NX10. I had magnet issues like another member. Just from driving on the cart path from grass knocked it off a few times. PP customer service was fantastic and replaced it. No issues with the replacement. Really enjoy the customization but really love how fast it locks on target and the non cluttered view.
It locks on so easy. Compared to my old bushnell, the lock on area is much larger.

Surprised to hear about the magnet, must have just been a bad magnet. Mine is super strong. I’m always nervous I’ll forget it in the cart when I’m done with the round

Man, this thing is fast and locks on easily.

Had fun zapping hazard stakes at 500+yards.

Sneaky feature on the case. I hate having excess tees in my bag, so this helps keep my tee pocket clear of clutter since the Evolve tees almost never break. May be in trouble if I lose several tees in a round, but it’s worth the risk for me.

IMG_2910.jpeg

I've used the NX10 ever since I got back from Ballyhack and I love this thing! I was never a big rangefinder user since I have Arrcos but I seem to use it more every round rather than looking at my watch or phone for a distance from Arccos. It is 10x better than my amazon rangefinder. Lol. It locks on very fast and is very accurate. The slope reading is great to have as well. Haven't had any issues so far. Definitely recommend this rangefinder!

It locks on so easy. Compared to my old bushnell, the lock on area is much larger.

Surprised to hear about the magnet, must have just been a bad magnet. Mine is super strong. I’m always nervous I’ll forget it in the cart when I’m done with the round

One thing I do to eliminate leaving
it in the cart is put the case in the jacket basket on the cart or under the steering wheel storage. I’ve left mine on the cart and since I started doing this - never forgot it again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have used this exclusively since Budget Champ. The magnet held on through EVERYTHING at Ballyhack. Just used it in a cart two weeks ago though and it fell off five times. Has quite a few scuff marks now and is quite a bit of a bummer. Rangefinder itself is fantastic. The magnet just got weaker all of a sudden though. Could very well be quality of cart though?? Are all cart frames the same?

One thing I do to eliminate leaving
it in the cart is put the case in the jacket basket on the cart or under the steering wheel storage. I’ve left mine on the cart and since I started doing this - never forgot it again!
Tip from @Jank ....put your car keys in the case. You'll never forget it again. (y)

Have used this exclusively since Budget Champ. The magnet held on through EVERYTHING at Ballyhack. Just used it in a cart two weeks ago though and it fell off five times. Has quite a few scuff marks now and is quite a bit of a bummer. Rangefinder itself is fantastic. The magnet just got weaker all of a sudden though. Could very well be quality of cart though?? Are all cart frames the same?
Have also used it exclusively since Budget for every round I've played. I have never once had it fall off the frame of a cart. Can't comment on frame materials though. Mine has a couple scrapes on it however from dropping it. 😬

The performance of the NX10 has been outstanding for me though. Good magnification, locks on very quickly. My last one was an NX7 and it didn't have the magnet feature. I love it.

I have the same issue on my Motocaddy. I have a thin metal plate that I fasten it to on top of the scorecard holder and the NX10 falls off several times per round. My Bushnell would maybe fall off once every other round. Think I may get a thicker piece of steel hoping that it helps it stick better.

Others had a problem with this as well and I never did, although changed to a different device.
I still believe its not the strongest, but definitely works better with different carts. As you saw with the ones at Ballyhack vs what you are using now.

Very odd.

Back