Precision Pro NX10 Rangefinder Review

I will say, I never put mine on the side of the beam, always the back.

Still surprises me based on all my rounds on the one I reviewed and now my HS #1 girl using it another 20-25 rounds.

As I mentioned I havent had that issue, but I have to ask. If it falls multiple times every time you play, wouldnt the cup holder make more sense? At least until Precision Pro responds to claim ticket?
Today it was more about testing brand of cart I was in. You guys mentioned above that it seemed to be a cart issue and not a magnet issue.

So I wanted to see if it was just the EZ Go carts or if it did it in a Yamaha cart. This was my first time trying it in Yamaha cart so I gave it the old college try. After falling after 1 swing I thought, ok, maybe a fluke. The good news is I am getting really good at catching it before it hits the ground. Only the first one I didn't catch it :)

I will say, I never put mine on the side of the beam, always the back.

Still surprises me based on all my rounds on the one I reviewed and now my HS #1 girl using it another 20-25 rounds.
Isn't the point of the left side magnet to adhere it like I have it?
At least in all the reviews I read or watched that was a positive they gave the NX10 was that for RH golfers putting the magnet on the left side made so much sense.

But regardless, why would it matter which side of the post its stuck on? The post is all metal and square, .so there is the same surface area no matter which side you stick it on.
Now I have been in some carts that have a more rectangular post and I make sure to stick it onto the side with the wider side. Still falls.

Last edited:
At least in all the reviews I read or watched that was a positive they gave the NX10 was that for RH golfers putting the magnet on the left side made so much sense.

But regardless, why would it matter which side of the post its stuck on? The post is all metal and square, .so there is the same surface area no matter which side you stick it on.
Now I have been in some carts that have a more rectangular post and I make sure to stick it onto the side with the wider side. Still falls.
That makes sense to me that it shouldn’t matter what side it is on.

Didn’t say it would matter, simply making conversation about it and the fact that I don’t place it where you do.

As for that orientation of the unit being a positive, that imo is just trying to create a story to write about for the sake of it, but, I also don’t read reviews outside of ours.

Didn’t say it would matter, simply making conversation about it and the fact that I don’t place it where you do.

As for that orientation of the unit being a positive, that imo is just trying to create a story to write about for the sake of it, but, I also don’t read reviews outside of ours.

I don't know, maybe I misinterpreted your reply but it sure did sound like you were inferring by how you place it, that somehow, how I was doing it it wasn't the approptiate way.

And the comments above (not you) about it being the type of cart it was mounted to were comical. Really?

Niether here nor there, glad yours and JB's magents works. I'm sure PP will take my concern and the others that are having issues (if they reach out) and will make it right. I've always had + experiences with them. Will report back once they respond to my ticket.

For those reading this....sorry to derail the thread. I really think this is one awesome laser but if one of the features is a magnet it should work as intended. I am guessing the one I have is just on the weaker side.

I don't know, maybe I misinterpreted your reply but it sure did sound like you were inferring by how you place it, that somehow, how I was doing it it wasn't the approptiate way.

And the comments above (not you) about it being the type of cart it was mounted to were comical. Really?

Niether here nor there, glad yours and JB's magents works. I'm sure PP will take my concern and the others that are having issues (if they reach out) and will make it right. I've always had + experiences with them. Will report back once they respond to my ticket.

For those reading this....sorry to derail the thread. I really think this is one awesome laser but if one of the features is a magnet it should work as intended. I am guessing the one I have is just on the weaker side.
You don’t think the type of cart could make a difference to the point It’s comical? Wtf? You do realize that carts are not all made the same, including some using aluminum vs steel frames, that posts on some are narrower than others and that stability can be vastly different?

Trying to offer an explanation on something that is completely different from the experience I have personally had, but I will bow out on the subject.

You don’t think the type of cart could make a difference to the point It’s comical? Wtf? You do realize that carts are not all made the same, including some using aluminum vs steel frames, that posts on some are narrower than others and that stability can be vastly different?

Trying to offer an explanation on something that is completely different from the experience I have personally had, but I will bow out on the subject.

I think we’re all smart enough to know the cart post material and if it will adhere or not. So yes the cart type explanation was comical to me with anyone using common sense.

As for being narrow or wide posts, I tried both as stated above. Didn’t matter. 5 different courses, 5 different types of carts.

Last edited:

If I’d have thought you were doing it the wrong way, I’d have said as much. Rather, I was trying to continue conversation as I thought that placement was interesting.

If I’d have thought you were doing it the wrong way, I’d have said as much. Rather, I was trying to continue conversation as I thought that placement was interesting.
I thought the way I had it was pretty much the norm. I have only ever seen people place it on either the inside or outside of the left post (if they are driving). I have never seen anyone place it in front of the post or on the backside of the post.
Not to say any placement is wrong, as long as the post is not super thin on the side being used. That was my whole point about the cart. The type of cart should be irrelevent as long as its steel and not placed on the thin side if the post is not square.

Sorry dude, I’ll never apologize for believing in what we do here.
No need to apologize. You do you.

I just like to spread my viewing/reading/research around. If I have learned anything in private industry over my 24 yr career, is relying on one person or department's opinion and not being crossfunctional and open to ideas is extremely detrimental and myopic.

Got delivery of my NX19 a few days ago. Have yet to test it out as I have company in town. Will probably get out Wednesday with it.

Got delivery of my NX19 a few days ago. Have yet to test it out as I have company in town. Will probably get out Wednesday with it.
You’re going to be impressed. The speed is unrivaled at this price point.

What laser(s) did you have before? I've used the Bushnell Tour V2 slope, V5 Shift, NX9 Slope and Nikon Coolshot Pro 50i. The NX10 definitely stacks up with the best of them. Especially in speed as @Jman pointed out. The yardage shows up pretty much instantly when you press the button.

I have to ask though, is the NX19 a prototype model ;) or are you living in the future?

What laser(s) did you have before? I've used the Bushnell Tour V2 slope, V5 Shift, NX9 Slope and Nikon Coolshot Pro 50i. The NX10 definitely stacks up with the best of them. Especially in speed as @Jman pointed out. The yardage shows up pretty much instantly when you press the button.

I have to ask though, is the NX19 a prototype model ;) or are you living in the future?

Yeah the one and only with a NX19 🤣🤣 stupid fat fingers.

I have the Nikon Coolshot 20i, so definitely in need of an upgrade. It has been a good RF, but lately I feel like it's not accurate. Now I am sure that's just me as how can a laser be inaccurate? Maybe? Who knows?? And while it's tiny, unsteady hands can make it difficult to ping the target.

Yeah the one and only with a NX19 🤣🤣 stupid fat fingers.

I have the Nikon Coolshot 20i, so definitely in need of an upgrade. It has been a good RF, but lately I feel like it's not accurate. Now I am sure that's just me as how can a laser be inaccurate? Maybe? Who knows?? And while it's tiny, unsteady hands can make it difficult to ping the target.
Got it.
the NX10 is a bigger footprint than the 20i so that will be a benefit to you. Being the NX10 is larger and me having small hands, I used both hands so the larger profile is nice to hold onto.

I prefer the shape and size of the NX9 (that I own) but my NX10 is better at everything else.

Precision Pro responded to my ticket today. They are sending me out a replacement unit. Always top notch service with them. Will report back once i get it if the magnet seems stronger. Really have no way to test it other than to use it and see if it falls or not.

I don’t have a ton of range finder experience personally. But I am really enjoying this unit and kinda wonder why the hell I waited so long to get a range finder.

there is a range I go to regularly that has posts and signs allover the place. It was cool today tI shoot those posts. Oh. So the post I thought was 150 was really 163. Or at least it was from the spot I was on the range..

this thing is fast. I also like how I can push the button the let go, and it will give the yardage once it locks on..

I have only used it once on the course. I kept it mostly in the cup holder ( forgot there was a magnet) but when I did use the magnet it held. But again it was mostly in the cup holder.

Hey fellas when getting the new NX10 I was able to get a BOGO on their slide plates. I ordered what I wanted and then ended up getting just a plain green one too. If anyone would like the green slide plate and front covering I will be happy to ship it to you. Brand new in packaging.

Let me know

I’ll take it

Haven’t had a chance to try out the replacement unit yet on the course. But in sticking it to my fridge a few times the magnet doesn’t “seem or feel” any stronger. I still have the original unit so I did some compares on the fridge. Both seemed equal strength. Even closed my eyes to see if I could feel any better lol.
I’m wondering if the changeable plate is causing the unit to be heavier than it should be causing the drops. I weighed it and it’s 34g which is about 13% of the unit’s total weight. I’ll try it on the cart next time out but almost wondering if maybe I should just keep it in the cup holder to avoid the falls. Hate to do that given it’s a magnet but also want to keep it working too.

Back