Precision Pro NX10 Rangefinder Review

Haven’t had a chance to try out the replacement unit yet on the course. But in sticking it to my fridge a few times the magnet doesn’t “seem or feel” any stronger. I still have the original unit so I did some compares on the fridge. Both seemed equal strength. Even closed my eyes to see if I could feel any better lol.
I’m wondering if the changeable plate is causing the unit to be heavier than it should be causing the drops. I weighed it and it’s 34g which is about 13% of the unit’s total weight. I’ll try it on the cart next time out but almost wondering if maybe I should just keep it in the cup holder to avoid the falls. Hate to do that given it’s a magnet but also want to keep it working too.
So 1st round with my unit and had zero drops, second round and it fell one time. I'm confused on why it did so because it was very random. No bumps or anything. Actually really surprised me.

That being said. This is far superior RF than my Nikon. Not even close

Hoping to play this Friday.
If I do I am going to monitor the new unit and see how it fares with falls.
Front 9 I will leave it as is. Hopefully no falls. If it does fall on the back nine I will take the replaceable side panel off (to reduce some weight) and see if that helps. Given its about 15% of the unit's total weight maybe that could be the culprit. Lord knows I could lose 15% of my weight right now, lol

So 1st round with my unit and had zero drops, second round and it fell one time. I'm confused on why it did so because it was very random. No bumps or anything. Actually really surprised me.

That being said. This is far superior RF than my Nikon. Not even close
It’s a badass little rangefinder, right?

It’s a badass little rangefinder, right?
The best. I mean I was always in the mindset of a rangefinder is a rangefinder. They're all the same.......

No they are not. I was proved wrong.

Got out finally with my replacement unit.
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)Magnet seemed to hold up better (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
The unit only fell once as I was driving up to the 2nd hole green but to be a fair, I nearly fell out of the cart as I wasn't expecting the hole I nearly drove into, lol

I will continue to monitor it though as the cart I had today wasn't moving very quickly. So the bumps were a bit easier than normal. But so far so good.

The best. I mean I was always in the mindset of a rangefinder is a rangefinder. They're all the same.......

No they are not. I was proved wrong.
Yup, it’s lightning fast and silly easy to use.

Yup, it’s lightning fast and silly easy to use.

Definitely agree with it being lightning fast. This is now my 5th maybe 6th rangefinder I've owned and by far this one seems to lock onto the target the quickest without false yardages. Sure it might pick up the random tree in the background etc., but since I use a Shot Scope watch I kinda know if it caught something other than the flag pretty quickly. simply shoot again.

Definitely agree with it being lightning fast. This is now my 5th maybe 6th rangefinder I've owned and by far this one seems to lock onto the target the quickest without false yardages. Sure it might pick up the random tree in the background etc., but since I use a Shot Scope watch I kinda know if it caught something other than the flag pretty quickly. simply shoot again.
I’m telling you, I don’t just make things up! 🤣😉

I have a GPS and now this. I use just this now. lol.

I have a GPS and now this. I use just this now. lol.
Like wise, I use my laser 97% of the time. the watch is mainly used for shot tracking and the occasional yardage to a hazard or layup yardage.

Got bored today and limey’d out my NX10
I emailed PP to see if they would be offering a neon yellow or lime plate anytime soon and they said no. So took matters into my own hands.
8B8F2129-2129-4B8F-A99D-6614215AECA7.jpeg547DD953-CFED-4647-9894-A3757A8E2506.jpeg5A0B7028-4F65-4BBE-B072-CB32B17BE750.jpeg

Last edited:
Is this still considered a great buy from you guys and gals using it? My NX7 was lost on the course, and, after trying a watch, I've decided I prefer the rangefinder.

Any issues pop up, or still a top tier choice?

Is this still considered a great buy from you guys and gals using it? My NX7 was lost on the course, and, after trying a watch, I've decided I prefer the rangefinder.

It’s pretty great. I also bought a Klyr from Tectectec that fits in my hand better for me. The NX10 is super fast and it’s pretty great for price.

I would take the Voice Caddie TL1 over it every time.

That is definitely true if you don’t care about price. TL1 is better. I would always take a Lexus over Toyota.

One I’ve these came my way via a generous THPer. @Parrot

Consider me impressed. I have strong prescription and issues with a lot of rangefinders. This has a great display. And locks super quick.

it does everything I want in a rangefinder so far.

That is definitely true if you don’t care about price. TL1 is better. I would always take a Lexus over Toyota.

Agree. If the TL1 is getting thrown out there then let’s mention a Bushnell Pro X3 too.

I use the NX10 and for the money it’s really solid.
I was skeptical as I owned An NX9 first and nx10 unit in my opinion is much better.
the first nx10 I had kept falling off the cart post. They sent me a new one and no issues since. They are great work with.

Last edited:
Agree. If the TL1 is getting thrown out there then let’s mention a Bushnell Pro X3 too.

I use the NX10 and for the money it’s really solid.
I was skeptical as I owned An NX9 first and nx10 unit in my opinion is much better.
the first nx10 I had kept falling off the cart post. They sent me a new one and no issues since. They are great work with.
The TL1 is much cheaper than the Bushnell and also blows the doors off of it…

I have an older rangefinder I use and while I've been curious on these, I've been hesitant on whether the difference would be worth it. I have pretty good luck with what I have, but hearing others that were unsure say it makes a difference really has me pondering again.

The TL1 is much cheaper than the Bushnell and also blows the doors off of it…
That’s great.

But That wasn’t the point. The question was if the nx10 was a great buy. Maybe I’m misinterpreting his ask, but to me that means. Is it a good value. I think the nx10 is.

as for the TL1. Have no experience with it. It could be the bees knees. But at $450 I can’t see it having $250 more in value than the nx10. Same with the X3. I’d call neither of those value or good buy lasers. I’d put those more into the premium bucket.

That’s great.

But That wasn’t the point. The question was if the nx10 was a great buy. Maybe I’m misinterpreting his ask, but to me that means. Is it a good value. I think the nx10 is.

as for the TL1. Have no experience with it. It could be the bees knees. But at $450 I can’t see it having $250 more in value than the nx10. Same with the X3. I’d call neither of those value or good buy lasers. I’d put those more into the premium bucket.
The TL1 is $389 on Amazon so not sure where the $250 more comes from, but i’m sure some site somewhere brings that equation to light. To me that is a tremendous value which is why I listed it as comparable. The other you mentioned is over double the cost.

Owning both I would choose the TL1. I’d it’s just super value based, I would choose the Pinned Golf laser or Shot Scope.

The TL1 is $389 on Amazon so not sure where the $250 more comes from, but i’m sure some site somewhere brings that equation to light. To me that is a tremendous value which is why I listed it as comparable. The other you mentioned is over double the cost.

Owning both I would choose the TL1. I’d it’s just super value based, I would choose the Pinned Golf laser or Shot Scope.

I just pulled the TL1 price off their site. $450. I paid $180 for my Nx10 new off an online retailer that offered a coupon. So even at your price the TL1 is more than double. Glad the TL1 works great for you. Probably best to discuss that one in its own thread.
If anyone has more nx10 questions shoot. Happy to help out.

Interesting experience with the magnet holding power on the Nx10. I have a 13 year old Callaway RF with an aftermarket magnet wrap. I, too, have had my rangefinder fall off many times, but always when placed on the side of the post. Why does it fall from the side? I don't know, maybe because the post being narrower on the side (on most carts I've used). I have been using the front or back of the post and have never had it fall.
Just thought I'd relate my experience.

Just wanted to jot down a few initial thoughts after the participants of The 2023 Budget Championship Presented By Bag Boy received one as swag for the tournament.

My previous rangefinder experience has strictly been with Bushnell, both as a Tour V2 and more recently as a Tour V5 Shift user. I won't mince words as both of my Bushnell rangefinders have truly been excellent, but I can safely say that after using the NX10 Slope for 2+ rounds that I am already a convert for this brand moving forward. The optics are very similar as they are both black/dark grey, which I much prefer over the bright red optics seen on other units. Both units are super fast to pick up distances and I do not notice a significant difference between the two. However, the extra features are what put the Precision Pro NX10 Slope over for me.

First of all, and the most obvious, is that you can change the skin color. How cool is that? As of this posting. there were 57 different combinations to choose from. From flags to solid colors to patterns and anything in between. And they also offer custom skins, though I did not go down that path other than the custom THP skin we were gifted with the unit. Secondly, they offer free CR2 battery replacement FOR LIFE! You just go on their website, quickly fill out a form and they send the battery out. Next, and one of my sneakily favorite features is that the battery door slides off when you have to replace a battery. The Bushnell screws in and it can be frustrating at times to thread the battery door correctly. Another thing to note is that the battery is magnetically held in on the PP NX10, which is nice so you don't have to worry about the battery sliding out when the door is off. The carrying case is sleek and it's cool that it has 5 spots for tees. Not sure I will ever use it to hold tees, but it's a cool feature nonetheless. Lastly, the NX10 did not even come close to falling off the cart rail while magnetized on there, which is really impressive at a course as bumpy and hilly as Ballyhack. I have full confidence this thing is gonna stay locked in wherever it is stuck to.

The only, I guess, negative thing about the PP NX10 so far is that it is quite a bit heavier than the Bushnell Tour V5 Shift (217g vs 267g). I don't think this is necessarily a bad thing, but just something to note.

I preemptively snagged a new skin so I can display the Budget Championship one in a place of prominence and had to roll with the Anime Gods skin since it was 🔥 (@xThor @Muchmore18)

IMG-2602.jpg

@Jank ^^^^ nice review. I was playing yesterday and hit a nasty bump on the cart path I wasn’t expecting. It fell off the cart post (Anything would have) and hit the cart path. I figured it was toast but I picked it up and felt the buzz go off. Shot the next pin without issue. The white hard case did get a bit of an asphalt burn but it still functions fine.

It hit hard enough that the side skin fell off and I didn’t notice it at first and had to go back to where it hit the path.
Props to its durability

Back